24 Jul 2011

Playstation Staff

Nat Type 3

7 Replies 254 Views Created 24-07-2011
Okay, I really am tearing my hair out here. I must be cursed because I've tried absoloutely everything from DMZ to port forwarding to even turning the firewall off on my computer & router all together and yet I still have a strict nat! I really don't know what to do...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Nat Type 3

Is UPnP enabled on your router? I know on mine if I disable it, it will put me on NAT 3 for some reason. Once it's enabled I go back to NAT 2.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes on my router settings it's enabled but when I run the connection test on the XMB it says UPnP is unavailable?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Try the manual connection on the PS3 settings and when you get to UPnP enable it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (244 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Already tried that i'm afraid :Shame:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I had this recently, i was gonna play RDR during the triple XP but couldn't join anyone because was on Nat Type 2 (strict)

Basically to cut a long story short (it took me over 6 hours to do)

I'm on Nat type 3 now.

You need to call up Sony, tell them you wish to change Nat type due to it restricting you, they will be unhelpful and annoying to deal with, finding their number is a little tricky too. Eventually you'll get passed on, they'll ask you to hang up and contact your provider (i am with BT so let's use BT as an example)

Call BT and tell them you would like your ports opened because you cannot join others in game.

They will give you a very long code & a set of 2 ranges, write these down, i didn't need to use them because i got incredibly frustrated and phoned Sony back but you might have more luck with the codes (depending on how good you are with tech)

I'm on a BT Home Hub so they might have been unique to the Hub, unsure.

In any case, an operator will ask you to type your IP address into your PC, they'll on the phone take control of your computer and enter the aforemented codes & open all routes on their end.

Hang up from them and try your PS3 by inputting all the data anew.

If like me it still for the thousandth time didn't work, call back Sony, they solved it for me but it took a huge amount of time and i called BT 3 times and Sony 2 times. Just be persistent.

Before you call your provider write down your mac address, IP (obviously) and subnet. You'll have to keep calling both to pass information on. It's a really really hassling job.

But it's worth it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thanks I shall give that a try tomorrow

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

But it's worth it.

I had this recently, i was gonna play RDR during the triple XP but couldn't join anyone because was on Nat Type 2 (strict)

Basically to cut a long story short (it took me over 6 hours to do)

I'm on Nat type 3 now.

You need to call up Sony, tell them you wish to change Nat type due to it restricting you, they will be unhelpful and annoying to deal with, finding their number is a little tricky too. Eventually you'll get passed on, they'll ask you to hang up and contact your provider (i am with BT so let's use BT as an example)

Call BT and tell them you would like your ports opened because you cannot join others in game.

They will give you a very long code & a set of 2 ranges, write these down, i didn't need to use them because i got incredibly frustrated and phoned Sony back but you might have more luck with the codes (depending on how good you are with tech)

I'm on a BT Home Hub so they might have been unique to the Hub, unsure.

In any case, an operator will ask you to type your IP address into your PC, they'll on the phone take control of your computer and enter the aforemented codes & open all routes on their end.

Hang up from them and try your PS3 by inputting all the data anew.

If like me it still for the thousandth time didn't work, call back Sony, they solved it for me but it took a huge amount of time and i called BT 3 times and Sony 2 times. Just be persistent.

Before you call your provider write down your mac address, IP (obviously) and subnet. You'll have to keep calling both to pass information on. It's a really really hassling job.

lol?

nat type 3 is the strict one not 2, ahaha..........

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (218 Views)
0 Kudos