15 Dec 2009
By Draogx
Playstation Staff

Old PS2 Games on PSN

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 658 Views edited 15-12-2009

I would like to see some old PS2 games available for purchase on PSN.

Such as Jak & Daxter series, Ratchet and Clank and other SCE games and from other game publishers/developers too.

Would be nice to fill in missing games from our library.

Games that we didnt have the chance to get/play them  because we missed/didnt buy them then.

Would realy like that, to be able to download them for PSN, please. :smileyhappy:

It happens with PSone games, why not with PS2 games? :smileyhappy:

"make.believe"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Old PS2 Games on PSN

Draogx wrote:

It happens with PSone games, why not with PS2 games? :smileyhappy:

Well for a start, no doubt the PSOne game files aren't as big as the PS2's.  Also there was a rumour last year about PS2 games making it onto the PSN and Sony said no.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (626 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

PS2 games might not be as small as PSone games but they are as big as the DvD and BD movies PSN has now for download purchase and rent.

But if the rumour you heard about Sony saying no to PS2 games on PSN... thats is another matter :smileysad:

Hope it is just a rumour though.

Would be a shame PS2 games not to be available on PSN.

At least 2+ year old games should be  available on PSN.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Draogx wrote:

But if the rumour you heard about Sony saying no to PS2 games on PSN... thats is another matter :smileysad:

Hope it is just a rumour though.

Sony saying no wasn't the rumour.  The rumour was about downloadable PS2 titles, and that's what they said no to.  In June last year, a  guy from Sony said this:

"At this point, we haven't made any announcements, and there are no plans for PS2 downloadable titles on PS3."

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i think eventually we will see Ps2 titles on PSN. the reason they're not on yet i think is because the Ps2 is still on sale.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

When did it happen with PS1 games, all I can see in the EU PSN store are Walt Disney games? And all the Disney games worth playing were actually released on the Sega Megadrive.

SCEE can't get it right with the PS1 catalogue so I shudder to think what they would scrape from the bottom of the barrel if they tried to release so called PS2 classics as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (532 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

oz209 wrote:

When did it happen with PS1 games, all I can see in the EU PSN store are Walt Disney games? And all the Disney games worth playing were actually released on the Sega Megadrive.

SCEE can't get it right with the PS1 catalogue so I shudder to think what they would scrape from the bottom of the barrel if they tried to release so called PS2 classics as well.

Road Trip Adventure hopefully

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (527 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Problem is what the EU store shows, without devs sending in the content you won't see it ever!!!!!!!!

Unless sony say to devs if you put all your games on PSN you get 70% of the profits devs are unlikely to add them to the store. So adding PS2 games on the store will mean the same problems as now. Lack of good content.

Until sony change how the store system work so that a dev sends off to US store it also gets sent to the EU store at the same time. To be added

Saying that first party games could be added to the store but they still face legal issues.

Rumours where they want to add PS2 games to the PSN store. I doubt the size of the file is to big tbh

But these are just rumours no proof.

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Not all PS3's let you play PS2 games... So I doubt this will happen.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (494 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I CANNOT THINK OF THIS GAME NAME. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME. 

it is either a ps1 or ps2 game. im pretty sure its a ps2 though. 

its this creepy lizard that fights weird creatures like pumpkins, he slides down things. from what i remember he looks like the geico lizard and you have to get these old tube tv with static on them? i think

one of his quotes in the game are "sweeeet like caaandy"

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Kudos