By PEE2024

PEE2024

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PLAYSTATION NETWORK CONNECTION FAILED!!!!!

17 Replies 35,720 Views Created 24-10-2009
I HOOKED A  WIRELESS ROUTER, AND EVERYTHING KEEPS PASSING UNTIL I GET TO PLAYSTION NETWORK......IT KEEPS SAYING FAILED! CALL SONY, THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT PORTS NEEDING TO BE OPEN ON THE ROUTER BUT MY ISP SAID THAT MY ROUTER IS FINE............HELP!!!!!
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

who do you have as an isp? and what router do you have?

have you tried giving your ps3 a static address?

0 Kudos

Re: PLAYSTATION NETWORK CONNECTION FAILED!!!!!

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
/16

Io-BALLiSTiC-oI

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Io-BALLiSTiC-oI
Accepted Solution

Modem > Router.

0 Kudos

===========================================================
100Mb:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2158440796.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1409198937.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/44545948.png
/16

Redh3lix

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Redh3lix
Accepted Solution
WHAT?
0 Kudos

Redh3lix
/16

mizzt2010

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mizzt2010
Accepted Solution

O>M>G iv been stressed out for days over this in to find it was sumat as silly as having to tick both boxes on the signing in is mad but at least is done now thx lo-BALLISTIC-ol am a happy girl now cheers :)

0 Kudos

/16

sebastian600

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sebastian600
Accepted Solution

PEE2024 wrote:
I HOOKED A  WIRELESS ROUTER, AND EVERYTHING KEEPS PASSING UNTIL I GET TO PLAYSTION NETWORK......IT KEEPS SAYING FAILED! CALL SONY, THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT PORTS NEEDING TO BE OPEN ON THE ROUTER BUT MY ISP SAID THAT MY ROUTER IS FINE............HELP!!!!!

Calm down...

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
given that you have decided to stick with the Xbox, I guess you're not really in need of a solution to your problem then? :)
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

The trolls are out in force tonight, must be cold under the bridge.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

SOULJAB00Y

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SOULJAB00Y
Accepted Solution

i had the same thing when i did the connection test.   when u go to sign in the network ,tick the boxes that say keep me sighned in.  when i did this i had connection test go through.said my upload was 3.0 mbps and downlaod was 221.3 kbps.dont know how good these figures are. good luck, never give up on yr ps3,its AWESOME

0 Kudos

/16

BRAVO_UCLA

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BRAVO_UCLA
Accepted Solution

Something weird is going on because ever since PlayStation preformed their maintenance Ive been having issues trying to connect to the network. I got on the phone with PlayStation and notified them of the issue and received no type of support. They said it was a router port forwarding issue, Which is impossible because I played on it fine they way it was before the maintenance. Regardless I still opened up the ports just to give them the satisfaction and nope that is not the issue. Seems to me something fishy is going on because lately there's been a lot of people in my neighborhood having the same problem. People need to come out from the wood works and speak up here. I need to know what the hell is going on! I will be forced to sell my ps3 and get an xbox 360. This would be my last alternative. I just want this fixed!

0 Kudos

/16

stuartb1234

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stuartb1234
Accepted Solution

Just had same issue and went to test my connection, says I had no UPnP and NAT was type 3.  I know for a fact it was type 2 last night when my PS3 downloaded the GT5 update.  So re-did the connection manually and now its all back to normal.

0 Kudos

/16

LordTfk

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordTfk
Accepted Solution

Are u hardwired or do u use Wireless???

I use Cable(hardwire) and has had no issues at all.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution
I can game none stop for hours connection problems are 99.9% user not Sony problems with router setup, ISP, wireless strength ,UPnP not working properly and Firewall/blocked ports.

Personally my system is wired and DMZ'ed rarely get problems thats on a up to 8 MB connection.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td-p/10655...
0 Kudos

/16

dslayer56

96%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dslayer56
Accepted Solution

you know, an easy way to fix all of the port forwarding issues is to just remove the PS3 from behind your router's firewall. type in "router" in the URL barin your web browser (i know this works with firefox, but not sure about other browsers)

this also many times cures the NAT type 3 issue

0 Kudos

/16

colworld

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
colworld
Accepted Solution
I had this problem for almost two days after I updated my ps3 software with version 3.65. I would be playing black ops or pes11 and I would get signed out. Then when I ran the internet connection test it would fail at the playstation network part. I searched forums trying to figure out how to make my internet work and the open port thing seemed risky. So what I did was in the router configurations I reset to FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS, which rebooted my router. Then finally in my playstation 4ystem setttings I RESTORED DEFAULT SETTINGS. Since then my internet has been working smoothly. THANK ME LATER :)
0 Kudos

/16

Kourtney_D

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kourtney_D
Accepted Solution
I am having the exact same problem, and it's always random, It worked just fine the night before but then when I do the connection test psn fails to connect, idk why I unplugged the wireless cords and waited 30 seconds but still nothing. It's very frustrating
0 Kudos

/16

ashleybaby123

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ashleybaby123
Accepted Solution

ive been having this problem for 5 days now. and NOW im starting to get ***** off. ive done everything ive been told to do, still nothing, i havent done anything different with my internet connections, and ive been online for the past year up until now. now i cant connect for more than 3 minutes and then when it kicks me i am unable to get online for the rest of the night. so i thought at first maybe my pshome was messing up so i tried to delete it...well thanks to this stupid system im now starting to really hate, ive had to shut off my system 3 times now and im still stuck with a corrupted data file where home used to be. everytime i try to do anything with it, it freezes and then im back to square one with shutting off the damn system once again. seriously playstation needs to get their ***** together , ive already spent 200 bucks on their stupid playstation home and im about to complain and demand it back as i can NEVER use the system thanks to their incompetince on keeping things working properly.

0 Kudos

/16

jfranksthe2

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jfranksthe2
Accepted Solution

OK i had this problem to but to fix it u go to setting and disable media servers and than try it again if this works plz email me to say thanks ...

PS Media servers are in {NETWORK SETTINGD

PEE2024 wrote:

network settings} 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel