24 Oct 2009
By PEE2024

Playstation Staff

PLAYSTATION NETWORK CONNECTION FAILED!!!!!

17 Replies 32,955 Views Created 24-10-2009
I HOOKED A  WIRELESS ROUTER, AND EVERYTHING KEEPS PASSING UNTIL I GET TO PLAYSTION NETWORK......IT KEEPS SAYING FAILED! CALL SONY, THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT PORTS NEEDING TO BE OPEN ON THE ROUTER BUT MY ISP SAID THAT MY ROUTER IS FINE............HELP!!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (32,955 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PLAYSTATION NETWORK CONNECTION FAILED!!!!!

who do you have as an isp? and what router do you have?

have you tried giving your ps3 a static address?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (32,954 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Modem > Router.

===========================================================
100Mb:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2158440796.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1409198937.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/44545948.png
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (32,951 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

WHAT?
Redh3lix
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (32,946 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PEE2024 wrote:
I HOOKED A  WIRELESS ROUTER, AND EVERYTHING KEEPS PASSING UNTIL I GET TO PLAYSTION NETWORK......IT KEEPS SAYING FAILED! CALL SONY, THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT PORTS NEEDING TO BE OPEN ON THE ROUTER BUT MY ISP SAID THAT MY ROUTER IS FINE............HELP!!!!!

Calm down...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (32,851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

given that you have decided to stick with the Xbox, I guess you're not really in need of a solution to your problem then? :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (32,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

The trolls are out in force tonight, must be cold under the bridge.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (32,368 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i had the same thing when i did the connection test.   when u go to sign in the network ,tick the boxes that say keep me sighned in.  when i did this i had connection test go through.said my upload was 3.0 mbps and downlaod was 221.3 kbps.dont know how good these figures are. good luck, never give up on yr ps3,its AWESOME

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (31,120 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Something weird is going on because ever since PlayStation preformed their maintenance Ive been having issues trying to connect to the network. I got on the phone with PlayStation and notified them of the issue and received no type of support. They said it was a router port forwarding issue, Which is impossible because I played on it fine they way it was before the maintenance. Regardless I still opened up the ports just to give them the satisfaction and nope that is not the issue. Seems to me something fishy is going on because lately there's been a lot of people in my neighborhood having the same problem. People need to come out from the wood works and speak up here. I need to know what the hell is going on! I will be forced to sell my ps3 and get an xbox 360. This would be my last alternative. I just want this fixed!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (30,255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just had same issue and went to test my connection, says I had no UPnP and NAT was type 3.  I know for a fact it was type 2 last night when my PS3 downloaded the GT5 update.  So re-did the connection manually and now its all back to normal.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (28,634 Views)
0 Kudos