02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS+ Games expired even though renewed within subscription extension period

196 Replies 3,364 Views Created 18-09-2011

hey everyone

really need some help here to get my games back!

When the PSN went down and was out for 2 months, we were told we would all get (that is, PS+ users) 2 months free (70 days) extension onto the end of our allotted period - this happened, and also we got a Welcome Back pack of free games (which still work) but the issue is to do with all of my old full games downloaded since end of June 2010 until the 2 months during the Welcome Back period, even though i renewed my PS+ subscription WITHIN that period!

basically my original subscription was due to expire on June 29th but because of the free extension, i renewed my PS+ subscription at the end of July - which in theory would mean that ALL of my games should have been renewed due to the extension period and my renewal within that period

it seems though that that is not the case :(

as above, ALL of my free full games, including way back to Zen Pinball, have expired and no way of re-downloading them again without having to pay for them again

this i feel has broken the agreement that i had with Sony and PSN for my PS+ account as i RENEWED my license WITHIN the usage extension period and NOT outside of any subscription period!

so now these games dont work (some expired 29th June for some reason but most expired 6th September even though i renewed on July 29th) : Zen Pinball, Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2, Golden Axe, Lead & Gold, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (reverted back to demo mode and not full game), Burnout Paradise, Streets of Rage 2, Price of Persia Classic, Pain, Red Faction Battlegrounds, Astro Tripper, Magician Lord, Shatter, Samurai Showdown, etc etc

although my subscription games of Little Big Planet and the Welcome Back games and some games listed as "never expire" as still there

it's only come to my attention now as i sat down today to play on a few games and found that i couldn't....

if anyone out there can help and/or sort this issue out please as i want to get back to being able to play these games, especially being a valued PS+ subscriber and have been since its original conception - i really dont want to feel like ive been conned out of 2x £39.99 !!!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Cousteau2009

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cousteau2009
Accepted Solution

well, i got one of my expired games back this week... because PS+ has posted Age of Zombies (Minis) again as a freebie and that was one of the first free games on launch in June 2010 of the PS+ service :P

i know it's not intentional way of getting it back, but still... (it wasn't really a game i played on anyway to be honest...)

0 Kudos

Re: PS+ Games expired even though renewed within subscription extension period

/16

GChris

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GChris
Accepted Solution
Has anyone heard anything new from Sony on this? I've got the same issue and I can't believe that they've known about it for this long without providing a solution!
0 Kudos

/16

Furiekins

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furiekins
Accepted Solution

GChris wrote:
Has anyone heard anything new from Sony on this? I've got the same issue and I can't believe that they've known about it for this long without providing a solution!

Nope, but it's on my list of things I need to chase up. We've lost three months at least now of content access? Very poor indeed.

As I've said previously, if they refunded last years PS+ (or even half of it) and let me keep this years, I'd be happy. I could buy the content I really want and everyone is happy. I'm happy as I get my content. The games publishers are happy as they get sales. Sony are happy because they've provided a solution without upsetting anyone.

As it stands, it's plain ridiculous. Actually, it's an act of complete incompetence by Sony. PS+ subscribers are the Sony fans, the people who really invest in Sony and see the benefit of the platform. To not get it right and to not understand their needs is a massive failing. It's such a shame, but it makes a complete sham of Playstation + and I can't see how I can justify renewing it again if their systems are so poor.

I keep thinking about getting a Vita, but with the mess Sony have made with PSN and PS+ and the reliance Vita is going to have on the platform, I'm incredibly wary of it. It's a big investment to make when you know that back end support is exceptionally fragile.

0 Kudos

------------------------------
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
- Michel de Montaigne

(Oh Crap. It's The Duke)
/16

Cousteau2009

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cousteau2009
Accepted Solution

hey guys

it must be at least a month now since i had their "courtesy" call from them saying they were still looking into it - i also must chase this up again as it's ridiculous (i bet they're just wanting everyone with the problem to just let it slide and forget about it).....

i'd love to play on Burnout Paradise that we got free in July, but no... i can't... only had about a month's play on that one before it expired!

0 Kudos

/16

finlandmonkey

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
finlandmonkey
Accepted Solution

i was I really would like to Sony to fix this before xmas! If they are still looking into it, that's not the way i'm happy

0 Kudos

/16

Cousteau2009

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cousteau2009
Accepted Solution

well guys, i guess this (in a round about way) is a way of getting the old games back, with PSN doing their own 12 days of christmas for PS+ subscribers...

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was one of the games (for me and some others) that got expired even though we renewed our subscriptions.... and we're getting it back again (i guess) via this method...

just need Golden Axe back now (or offered), along with Burnout Paradise, Sonic 1, Streets of Rage 2, Wipeout HD, Castle Crashers, Prince of Persia Classic, Pain, and the 2 Neo Geo games of Magician Lord and Samurai Showdown :) oh and Destruction Derby again :)

everything else that i got over the period i'd gladly delete to make room on the hard drive :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Furiekins

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furiekins
Accepted Solution

I've just called Sony and requested that they refund half of last year's PS+ subscription and keep my current subscription intact.

I think that this is perfectly fair, as our initial contract was perpetual access to PS+ content as long as we continued to pay. As this hasn't been available for several months, then we should get something back on last years PS+.

If everyone calls Sony and makes the same request, then they're more likely to do it. I explained (calmy and pleasantly :) ) that we're loyal customers and we've renewed early and ended up put out because of it.

I don't think the request is at all unreasonable. I'll let you know if/when they get back to me.

If the content arrives in the meantime, fine. If they refuse the request, then I'll make a formal complaint to Sony and make an official complaint to Trading Standards.

I'm also going to moan on the Playstation Blog about it every time PS+ is mentioned ;)

0 Kudos

"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
- Michel de Montaigne

(Oh Crap. It's The Duke)
Beta Tester
/16

HUYI

• Beta Tester
84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HUYI
Accepted Solution
can anyone tell me if this effects cloud saves? are they deleted once your content is gone?
0 Kudos

/16

Bjarno86

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bjarno86
Accepted Solution

I have the exact same issue. Bought the Sega Rally offer back in June, and when the time came for my initial subscription to run out and my subscription went to the stacked on subscription I lost access to all the content from the previous subscription.

Customer service finally after one month decided to offer me a refund of my PS+ subscription which would end my current subscription. They told me that if I should re-subscribe again later then they couldn't guarantee that I would regain access to my current content (i.e. from the Sega Rally one-year subscription). So why should I take that refund???

But there's still hope! 

I posted in today's announcement of the Jurassic Park PS+ promotion on the EU Playstation blog and got a reply from Ross McGrath: 

"Posted on 9 December, 2011 at 12:12 pm by Bjarno86  

When will you fix the problem where a lot of PS+ subscribers have lost access to the content from the previous subscription period when the stacked on subscription started?Customer service has dodged the problem for months offering us only a poor excuse of a simple refund instead of actually solving the problem getting access to our content back…A thread detailing the situation can be found here (on the official Playstation forums): http://tinyurl.com/bmoklrj"

"Posted on 9 December, 2011 at 2:35 pm by Ross McGrath

Hello Bjarno86, and to anyone else who has been affected by this issue.This is a problem that we’re aware of and that we’ve been following for some time. We’re currently working with SCEI to resolve the issue and I’m informed that we hope to have news on this pre-Christmas.Once I know more then I will make sure you’re updated via community channels."

Hopefully he's right :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Furiekins

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furiekins
Accepted Solution

Well, that's good news. It pays to have a bit of a moan about it ;)

To be honest, they don't want issues with PS+ public, as it puts people off buying into it, hence why 've been doing similar. It's frustrating because it's obviously a technical issue, but we're losing out on it. It's even worse that it's those of us who are the "keenest" supporters of the service. So frustrating.

HUYI wrote:
can anyone tell me if this effects cloud saves? are they deleted once your content is gone?

I honestly couldn't say. The cloud saves done from your new subscription onwards should remain though. If you ever stop subscribing, then the cloud saves will be wiped.

0 Kudos

- Michel de Montaigne

(Oh Crap. It's The Duke)
/16

Cousteau2009

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cousteau2009
Accepted Solution

you know, they have actually, technically, been giving some games back to us again anyway as the 12 days of christmas PS+ downloads....

so far, games that ive now been able to re-download cos of this are Sonic 2, MediEvil, Rocket Powered Battle Cars (today), and the other one i forget... still waiting for Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Wipeout HD, Castle Crashers, Burnout Paradise, and PAIN.... at least it's one way of getting some of the content back...

0 Kudos

/16

JTi81

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JTi81
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem here. My year one content is also expired! I renewed my subscription when there was sega rally offer available.

My year one subscription was active when i bought new one year ps+.

I tried to download the games from "download list" but there was no year one content available.

Only thing to get year one games active is to buy them again.

I have sent email to playstation support but i have not received answer from there yet.

Has Sony solved this problem?

0 Kudos

/16

Furiekins

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furiekins
Accepted Solution

No solution as of yet.

You really need to call Sony so that they can contact you as soon as there's a fix.

0 Kudos

- Michel de Montaigne

(Oh Crap. It's The Duke)
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

JTi81 wrote:

I have the same problem here. My year one content is also expired! I renewed my subscription when there was sega rally offer available.

I tried to download the games from "download list" but there was no year one content available.

I have sent email to playstation support but i have not received answer from there yet.

When you look for a game that was given to you for free back in the 1st year of PS+ ( Example =  04/08/2011 Medievil = PS-One Game ) you cannot find it in your " Purchase " list.

BUT when you do a " Search " in the " PS-Game Store " it will find that game ( showing a red bought symbol and a £3.99 price ). Now when you click on it to BUY the game ( it says already purchased ) so you don't pay any price whatsoever to re-download it even if it says buy?

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

JTi81 wrote:

When you look for a game that was given to you for free back in the 1st year of PS+ ( Example =  04/08/2011 Medievil = PS-One Game ) you cannot find it in your " Purchase " list.

BUT when you do a " Search " in the " PS-Game Store " it will find that game ( showing a red bought symbol and a £3.99 price ). Now when you click on it to BUY the game ( it says already purchased ) so you don't pay any price whatsoever to re-download it even if it says buy?

this as it is what i did for the fallout 3 dlc

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Bjarno86

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bjarno86
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

JTi81 wrote:

That might be the simple solution for some, but not for the people in this thread (at least not for me).

The content from my year one subscription is gone from my download list (although they should legally still be there), but these items all have a BLUE shopping bag icon if I look them up, so the PS Store will charge me if I should try to re-download any of them.

But as I posted on the previous I got an official response from Ross McGrath (PS+ Team) stating that they were hoping for a fix (or at least an update on the situation) pre-christmas.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

Bjarno86 wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

JTi81 wrote:

That might be the simple solution for some, but not for the people in this thread (at least not for me).

The content from my year one subscription is gone from my download list (although they should legally still be there), but these items all have a BLUE shopping bag icon if I look them up, so the PS Store will charge me if I should try to re-download any of them.

But as I posted on the previous I got an official response from Ross McGrath (PS+ Team) stating that they were hoping for a fix (or at least an update on the situation) pre-christmas.

Some of mine were also Blue until i clicked on them. Thats when the Blue turned Red and then said they have already been purchased. ( Most of the DLC was red though ).

The only reason that DLC from year one would stay blue that i can think of is if it hadn't been downloaded in the 1st place?

0 Kudos

/16

Bjarno86

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bjarno86
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

Bjarno86 wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

JTi81 wrote:

Some of mine were also Blue until i clicked on them. Thats when the Blue turned Red and then said they have already been purchased. ( Most of the DLC was red though ).

The only reason that DLC from year one would stay blue that i can think of is if it hadn't been downloaded in the 1st place?

Ok, cool... But that's definitely not what happens if I do the same. If I press the "Buy Now" button on a previously downloaded free PS+ game from my year one subscription, which shows a blue shopping bag icon, then it takes me straight to the "Purchase Confirmation" page where it wants me to pay for the item.

Sony has confirmed they are working on a fix for it, so I am patiently waiting...

0 Kudos

/16

JTi81

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JTi81
Accepted Solution

The content from my year one subscription all have a BLUE shopping bag icon if I look them up.

If I click them PS Store would charge for those games.

0 Kudos

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

Ok, i just talked with Sony and told them about this problem. They didn't know anything about it. They have now given me a Ref-Num and calling me back.

Looks like people need to call Sony and let them know about their games not being in the store DL-listings. Sony from the sounds of things thought it was a problem i was having alone ( until i said about a thread being made on here)?

0 Kudos

/16

Furiekins

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furiekins
Accepted Solution

I imagine that front line support don't know about this. They'll have a set of "standard" issues that they can help people with. For more obscure and technically difficult problems they'll refer to back end support to deal with it (who will know about the issue).

It's just the tiering system. You may of course find a support agent who has dealt with this before, but I wouldn't expect it.

People DO need to keep on calling and logging the issue though.

0 Kudos

- Michel de Montaigne

(Oh Crap. It's The Duke)
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel