PSN General

18 Sep 2011
By: Cousteau2009 Member 62 Posts
Level 3

PS+ Games expired even though renewed within subscription extension period

196 Replies 2905 Views Created 18-09-2011

hey everyone

really need some help here to get my games back!

When the PSN went down and was out for 2 months, we were told we would all get (that is, PS+ users) 2 months free (70 days) extension onto the end of our allotted period - this happened, and also we got a Welcome Back pack of free games (which still work) but the issue is to do with all of my old full games downloaded since end of June 2010 until the 2 months during the Welcome Back period, even though i renewed my PS+ subscription WITHIN that period!

basically my original subscription was due to expire on June 29th but because of the free extension, i renewed my PS+ subscription at the end of July - which in theory would mean that ALL of my games should have been renewed due to the extension period and my renewal within that period

it seems though that that is not the case :smileysad:

as above, ALL of my free full games, including way back to Zen Pinball, have expired and no way of re-downloading them again without having to pay for them again

this i feel has broken the agreement that i had with Sony and PSN for my PS+ account as i RENEWED my license WITHIN the usage extension period and NOT outside of any subscription period!

so now these games dont work (some expired 29th June for some reason but most expired 6th September even though i renewed on July 29th) : Zen Pinball, Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2, Golden Axe, Lead & Gold, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (reverted back to demo mode and not full game), Burnout Paradise, Streets of Rage 2, Price of Persia Classic, Pain, Red Faction Battlegrounds, Astro Tripper, Magician Lord, Shatter, Samurai Showdown, etc etc

although my subscription games of Little Big Planet and the Welcome Back games and some games listed as "never expire" as still there

it's only come to my attention now as i sat down today to play on a few games and found that i couldn't....

if anyone out there can help and/or sort this issue out please as i want to get back to being able to play these games, especially being a valued PS+ subscriber and have been since its original conception - i really dont want to feel like ive been conned out of 2x £39.99 !!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 197 (2,905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: PS+ Games expired even though renewed within subscription extension period

go to your download history and redownload them , it should fix the expiary date on your games

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 197 (2,892 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

You probably won't need to complete the downloads, just activate them on the store and then cancel.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 197 (2,855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

2 problems there

1) the games that are "expired" are not on the download list (already thought of that)

2) to "activate" in the store means to re-purchase them

all games that have "expired" have a blue PSN logo on them and not the usual red one

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 197 (2,838 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

an official response wouldnt go amiss here you know

oh btw, not just the PS games have expired, also forgot to mention it also included all of the Minis and PSOne games too that have stopped working aswell as Wipeout HD physically disappearing/uninstalling itself from the PS3...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 197 (2,826 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

The only problem I've ever had with PS+ games is when I tried to play a game which thought it had expired. I was offline so it couldn't update itself. In that instance I recovered the unlock key from my download list.

You need to contact customer services to see why the items aren't on your download list. Contact numbers are here :-

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Contact-Us-Playstation-Support-Number-0844-736...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 197 (2,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Iyonix wrote:

The only problem I've ever had with PS+ games is when I tried to play a game which thought it had expired. I was offline so it couldn't update itself. In that instance I recovered the unlock key from my download list.

You need to contact customer services to see why the items aren't on your download list. Contact numbers are here :-

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Contact-Us-Playstation-Support-Number-0844-736...

thanks - that was going to be my next port of call anyway :smileyhappy:

have phoned them and the guy ive spoken too has taken all of my details and has passed it all onto the network team who will contact me back "within the next 7 days" (but should usually only be a day or two normally apparently) - have got a reference number for my issue also

let's hope this gets sorted as its annoying to have renewed and still have everything expire, especially with everything disappearing in the download list

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 197 (2,814 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

hey again

thought i'd give an update on this

i telephoned Playstation Support on 0844 736 0595 (very quick to get through to i might add, so good on that mark) 2 weeks ago and filed my issue with them (i have a reference number) and told me to wait for a response from the technical team... 1 week passed, hadn't heard anything, so phoned again on 26th September for an update and they said that it had been passed on to their head office to look into for investigation but nothing further had happened... starting to not be content at this point but said ok and i'll wait for a response... again, 2 weeks have now passed and called again today for an update, and it seems that a few other PSN+ subscribers have had the EXACT same issue that i have had

to recap: I renewed my subscription within the PSN+ extension period (manually not automatically) and every game that we'd downloaded since the initial subscription, up until 31st June (or some time in August or 7th September for most of my other PS+ games) have all expired when they shouldn't have since i renewed my subscription on the 31st July, which was during the free extension period...

anyway, this is getting beyond a joke now, especially with having to wait this long for a response and fix for my (and as ive said, other users) subscription issue

if they take this long to solve an issue like this, no wonder it took them over 2 months to fix PSN when it was down earlier this year! Quick to respond to an issue but so slow to fix an issue!

not happy...

:Mad::No-no::Mad:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 197 (2,761 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Cousteau2009 wrote:

hey again

thought i'd give an update on this

i telephoned Playstation Support on 0844 736 0595 (very quick to get through to i might add, so good on that mark) 2 weeks ago and filed my issue with them (i have a reference number) and told me to wait for a response from the technical team... 1 week passed, hadn't heard anything, so phoned again on 26th September for an update and they said that it had been passed on to their head office to look into for investigation but nothing further had happened... starting to not be content at this point but said ok and i'll wait for a response... again, 2 weeks have now passed and called again today for an update, and it seems that a few other PSN+ subscribers have had the EXACT same issue that i have had

to recap: I renewed my subscription within the PSN+ extension period (manually not automatically) and every game that we'd downloaded since the initial subscription, up until 31st June (or some time in August or 7th September for most of my other PS+ games) have all expired when they shouldn't have since i renewed my subscription on the 31st July, which was during the free extension period...

anyway, this is getting beyond a joke now, especially with having to wait this long for a response and fix for my (and as ive said, other users) subscription issue

if they take this long to solve an issue like this, no wonder it took them over 2 months to fix PSN when it was down earlier this year! Quick to respond to an issue but so slow to fix an issue!

not happy...

:Mad::No-no::Mad:

Hi Cousteau2009,

I've raised this issue with our store team in regards to the games expiring from the previous Plus subscription.

I have been advised that this is being looked into, but at this time there is currently no way to get these games back. We should hopefully be getting some feedback on this soon, and when I have more information i will let you know.

RabidWalker

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 197 (2,731 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

to be honest, if that's the case then surely all that should need to be done is have a seperate section on PSN for PS+ users to re-download the free games so long as they have resubscribed or just list they games they are entitled to within their first subscription

you say there's currently no way to get these games back, but it has to be against their own terms of use from their own rules in that you lose the games if you dont resubscribe but so long as you resubscribe BEFORE your current subscription ends, you get continued use - that is printed online and this could easily be taken further and take Sony to court for violation against their own Terms for taking games away from users that said users are entitled to.

in fact, i'm starting to consider this action if it doesn't get sorted soon as i am within my rights under UK law to do this

it's like buying an ice cream from an ice cream van - handing over the money, being handed the ice cream and then the ice cream vendor take it away from me after ive only had a couple of licks of the ice cream...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 197 (2,719 Views)
0 Kudos