08 Jan 2012
Playstation Staff

PS Plus content, EU players getting shafted?

7 Replies 542 Views Created 08-01-2012

I love PS Plus, ill just get that out the way first.

But recently it seems that EU members are getting a Raw deal compared to US players in terms of PSX titles, the other month, US players were given all the Spyro games, while in the EU we got... Destruction Derby...

A Few Months before, US gamers got Resident Evil 1,2 and 3. EU just got 1.

This Month, US members for Syphon Filter trillogy, EU got... some Rally game.

Why is there such an imbalance in terms of content between the two? the US Store has heaps more content, why? When do we get some of this?

We pay for the exact same service but we dont get the same amount of content.

What are thoughts on this, or is it just a "Deal with it" Situation? Coz i was looking forwards to playing Syphon Filter when i first heard

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (542 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Plus content, EU players getting shafted?

licensing laws are completely different in Europe depending on each country as is the language for each game in each country

America has 1 language and 1 set of licensing laws its just not easy getting games and content out in in Europe because of this

too many different rules laws and languages within Europe

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

McNeilio wrote:
licensing laws are completely different in Europe depending on each country as is the language for each game in each country

America has 2 languages and 2 sets of licensing laws its just not easy getting games and content out in in Europe because of this

too many different rules laws and languages within Europe

fixed. you forgot Spanish :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

we did get Syphon Filter 1 as a PSOne freebie with PS+ quite a few months ago you know - as another user has said, licensing laws are different with EU and USA games - Syphon Filter games primarily being USA games from what im aware...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (499 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

KingStoph wrote:

I love PS Plus, ill just get that out the way first.

But recently it seems that EU members are getting a Raw deal compared to US players in terms of PSX titles, the other month, US players were given all the Spyro games, while in the EU we got... Destruction Derby...

A Few Months before, US gamers got Resident Evil 1,2 and 3. EU just got 1.

This Month, US members for Syphon Filter trillogy, EU got... some Rally game.

Why is there such an imbalance in terms of content between the two? the US Store has heaps more content, why? When do we get some of this?

We pay for the exact same service but we dont get the same amount of content.

What are thoughts on this, or is it just a "Deal with it" Situation? Coz i was looking forwards to playing Syphon Filter when i first heard

I don't care about psx titles as i have played most of em & they look dated.

The nostalgia of what games were great doesn't last when you actually play them & see how bad they really are.

There are a few exceptions to that but not very many.

We actually get alot of new stuff before the US but people never seem to take note of what we get over what everyone else get's.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

as the other dudes have said, we may not get the same stuff as the US gets, but we get other things that make up for it or equal that amount.

sure we must get items or deals which they dont get aswell. all depends in the end whats available to each one at the time i guess.
DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Muttykins wrote:

We actually get alot of new stuff before the US but people never seem to take note of what we get over what everyone else get's.

looks like you dont take note either as theres no specific examples in your statement to prove it.

Everything else aside there is no denying that this month is a particularly poor showing for the EU customer base.

And the licensing argument doesnt hold water as syphon filter 3 is available on the EU store so no reason not to throw it in with the other stuff and put syphon filter 1 in again for all the new subscribers they got in the past 6 months.

add to the fact that the US PS+ are starting to get PS2 classics and the future becomes more worrying for the EU.

Now think about the fact that destruction derby was free last month and this month they give Rally gives a whole new light to the idea that PS+ would have something for everyone when theyre repeating genres 2 months running.

Its just this month asside from back to the future it seems they went out of their way to find some of the most uninteresting content of the store even the themes are totally basic.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

first_earth wrote:

Muttykins wrote:

looks like you dont take note either as theres no specific examples in your statement to prove it.

Everything else aside there is no denying that this month is a particularly poor showing for the EU customer base.

And the licensing argument doesnt hold water as syphon filter 3 is available on the EU store so no reason not to throw it in with the other stuff and put syphon filter 1 in again for all the new subscribers they got in the past 6 months.

add to the fact that the US PS+ are starting to get PS2 classics and the future becomes more worrying for the EU.

Now think about the fact that destruction derby was free last month and this month they give Rally gives a whole new light to the idea that PS+ would have something for everyone when theyre repeating genres 2 months running.

Its just this month asside from back to the future it seems they went out of their way to find some of the most uninteresting content of the store even the themes are totally basic.

So how in your expert opinion why doesn't licensing hold water ?

How many languages do the US have to cater for compared to the EU store ?

As far as i see they only cater for one language where as the EU has to cater for probably 8 or more & each country has it's own laws .

You said i haven't taken noticed of the point & haven't given any examples which i didn't know i was expected to.

Apart from complaining the US have ps2 games which aren't given away on plus for this month what else have you got to prove the US get more than the EU or completely different content.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (446 Views)
0 Kudos