84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS Plus problems.

43 Replies 619 Views Created 06-07-2011
So I got the free plus out of welcome back (they suckered me in with Burnout) and due to having a birthday just before expiry, I put the funds in to get the year sub when the 30 days was done. Bought the time pretty much as soon as the 30 days was done. Went to the services option in account management and there it is, a full year plus 3 months, like I paid for. Went to the plus section today after update, and all I can see is the trials for the supposed discounted games, none of the free games and themes, and it's populated with the stuff from last month like Burnout. Is this an error with the store or has my account not updated properly, and how do I fix it? I needs me some Soul Reaver!!! Thanks...
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ForumLurker

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ForumLurker
Accepted Solution

Anyone that has found this thread by just googling their issue should add their name to this thread http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PSN-Problem-list/td-p/13283123

0 Kudos

Re: PS Plus problems.

/16

ForumLurker

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ForumLurker
Accepted Solution

I should say also add your name to this thread http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PSN-Problem-list/td-p/13283123 ,but discuss the details here.

0 Kudos

/16

CyDoNiA-UK

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CyDoNiA-UK
Accepted Solution

The accounts I have activated the PSN+ trial on cannot see the right prices etc and get errors selecting PSN+ etc.

The account i never activated PSN+ on can see the store correctly. This is something with the PSN+ trial that has broken the store.

Will be annoyed if I can't buy the stuff I want before the sales over.

0 Kudos

/16

OntzettendeJan

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OntzettendeJan
Accepted Solution

I can confirm this.

The problem I have is that I've purchased Burnout Paradise + Big Surf during the PSN+ trial. Now the trial's over I cannot play Burnout, nor download the game.. I can only download the Big Surf dlc which is ofcourse useless without the game itself... I've contacted the Sony helpdesk here in Holland who cannot help me, they've forwarded the issue to Sony UK, without being able to give an estimate on the answer... EUR 35,- down the drain.... :Argh:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

HUYI

• Beta Tester
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HUYI
Accepted Solution
this is why i waited before i added my voucher to my psn wallet as i knew it would cause problems, i have £50 worth of vouchers unused and i am getting slightly annoyed that i can't take advantage of ps + 1 year plus 3 months offer! because of this annoyance, i really do hope the mods give us some more info about what is going on and when this will be sorted out, please don't leave us in the dark, when your customers want to give you money don't turn your back on them lol.
0 Kudos

/16

KoSzNik

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KoSzNik
Accepted Solution

they should at least say something like 'we know about this problem and we are working on fixing it'... but there is just SILENCE... they (sony) act like they don't know anything about good customer service:( i am disappointed...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
-------------------
"We must travel in the direction of our fears"
/16

afccarl1994

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
afccarl1994
Accepted Solution

I know this must be fustrating for everone that has this issue, but lets not forget this is the first time anything like this has happened and therefore I'm sure no one at Sony saw this coming. They are probably as annoyed as you are and working to fix it as we speak, after all, it could cost them potential ps+ subscribers.

I remember an issue with the full game trials 'locking out' the full game, this took a while to be fixed but didn't affect Infamous which was the second of my games that I had already had as a full game trial.

Rest assured it will be fixed :Thumbs: 

0 Kudos

/16

MAp-MAp

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MAp-MAp
Accepted Solution

I think you're right that it'll be all fine again soon afccarl1994. But after a day of this problem that has most probably touched quite a few people a tiny "we've found the issue and will try to get it sorted as soon as we can" would hopefully calm a few angry internet minds :)

0 Kudos

/16

Gus_Haines

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gus_Haines
Accepted Solution
C&P from this thread for info http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/playstation-plus-renewal-problems/m-p/132...
Re: playstation plus renewal problems
Options

on 07-07-2011 10:01 PM

Well I phoned tech support at about 10am to report this. They had not heard of the problem... and they were going to escilate it

Just phoned for an update and they had not heard any news from the network team but confirmed that they hadn't come across this problem before.

Guys, don't just post on here that nothing is getting done. They clearly have not had many reports of this problem so I suggest a quick call.  The more that report it the more likely it is to get a higher priority status..

Tech team = 08447360595

Had to wait 10mins in queue to be answered but @ 5p per min was 50p well spent as far as I am concerned!
Regards,
Gus

0 Kudos

Regards,
Gus

/16

SpeedyRyan-_-

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SpeedyRyan-_-
Accepted Solution

They hadn't heard of it? They must have it's all over the internet, not to mention the blog. I think they are just keeping quiet about it for now because they haven't a clue how to fix it.

0 Kudos

/16

ForumLurker

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ForumLurker
Accepted Solution

This is a copy of the incident report I have sent, I'll post back with any responses.

Question Reference #110708-003010
Summary: PS Plus subsribtion unavailable
Date Created: 08/07/2011 10.12 AM
Last Updated: 08/07/2011 10.12 AM

Discussion Thread
 Customer By Email 08/07/2011 10.12 AM
Concerning Playstation Plus.

I, like the many others currently filling your forums
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PSN-Problem-list/td-p/13283123

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PS-Plus-problems/td-p/13279352/page/4

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/playstation-plus-renewal-problems/td-p/13...
have no way of purchasing the 12 year subscription with 3 months free as the
30day subscription that has expired is blocking me from accessing any of
those options. Other people that did manage to purchase their subscriptions
are also blocked from accessing any PS Plus content by the expired (but not
removed) 30day subscription.

I'm sure you look at the forums and any other gaming sites and are aware of
how widespread this problem is. The message from everyone mainly seems to
be, "let us know that you have heard us, are aware and are fixing it". Also
"will we lose out on any current promotions or lose any previous content?"

I will be posting this email with the date and time sent along with any
responses you send back.

Please don't let down your remaining diehard fans.
0 Kudos

/16

CyDoNiA-UK

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CyDoNiA-UK
Accepted Solution

I sent the following email to UK PlayStation Support too:

----------

Hi,

I am contacting you on behalf of everyone on the official forums that is reporting this same issue.

Anyone that has taken out the PSN+ 30 day trial from the Welcome Back package is having serious issues with the PSN Store and an even bigger issue getting anyone at Sony PlayStation to take notice.

Anyone that had PSN+ 30 day trial is being blocked from buying extending their PSN+ subscription (your loss). Also they are unable to purchase anything in the EA sale at the sale prices. The store is
showing the original price only. Even in the sale listing. The store just shows, for example, Tetris £7.99.

I have tested all this with an account I have that was kept free of the 30 day trial and the Store allows me to purchase anything I want at the correct prices. It shows Tetris for £5.49 or £4 for PSN+. However if I switch back to my accounts I wish to purchase on the store is broken!

PLEASE take notice of this because I am trying to inform you of a SERIOUS issue. After the PSN hacking
issue I doubt you want another massive outcry over this. We just need someone at Sony to take notice as at the moment it is being dismissed by Customer Services and no one at Sony appears to be watching the forums.

If you wish to verify what I have said you can look at the following thread:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PSN-Problem-list/td-p/13283123/highlight/...

If you wish to contact me you may call my mobile on XXXXXXXXXXX.

------

I mentioned dismissed by Customer Services because at the time someone told me that they contacted Sony Customer Services and they didn't want to know.

0 Kudos

/16

ForumLurker

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ForumLurker
Accepted Solution

Good email. I think if we document our contact to Sony, then there will be a complete picture for everyone to see how much Sony Playstation are lacking in simple communications.

I also phoned customer services yesterday morning, they were unaware of the issue and suggested it may be mine alone. I am quick to ire with call center staff and decided do dismiss that line of contact as even thinking about raises my blood pressure:Argh: 

If anyone else has contacted them by whatever methods then it would be good to hear when and if they ever got back to you.

0 Kudos

/16

AshAbuse

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AshAbuse
Accepted Solution

All of this is really good. It proves to Sony we have an issue, and it also shows that Sony doesn't care, which will damage them if this keeps growing. I suggest we all send that email to customer services, eventually they'll have to acknowledge us.

Edit: I've been trying to email them but have lost the bit of paper I had with the email on, possibly at work. So if someone posts that back up again, we should be laughing. I thought it was up on this thread, but it seems to have disappeared...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

ForumLurker

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ForumLurker
Accepted Solution

AshAbuse did you email or phone them? Document when and then we can see how long they take to get back to any of us.

Personaly I think phoning them is bad for your health and good for their pockets. A dedicated technical helpline should be free. So I vote for bombarding them with emails.

0 Kudos

/16

CyDoNiA-UK

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CyDoNiA-UK
Accepted Solution

I think if you do phone them you should tell them that you are paying your money to ring their premium rate number to report the issue and so they should listen to what you say and look into it! Failing that ask for a supervisor.

Alternatively give them this URL and tell them to read the writing on the wall:

http://tinyurl.com/psnplusbroken

0 Kudos

/16

AshAbuse

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AshAbuse
Accepted Solution

Just received this message from one fo the board mods i sent a message to when this first started.

Hi Ash,

Thanks for messaging me,

We are currently looking into this with the store team, there has been reported issues with pricing for Plus users (as part of the Welcome Back Pack) and also as you mention with the subscriptions.

We are working to get this issue resolved soon, when I have more information I will update the PlayStation Store and Technical Help and Advice Boards.

Thanks,

Rabid

I also emailed Sony, same address as Cydonia, and that message will follow. But this message from the board mod is the first official notification from Sony that they are aware of the problem. So thanks to Rabid for providing that information.

0 Kudos

/16

CyDoNiA-UK

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CyDoNiA-UK
Accepted Solution

Good good it's reassuring to know they have noticed the issue now. Worst part was the assumption Sony had no idea because of no feedback. :)

0 Kudos

/16

Gus_Haines

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gus_Haines
Accepted Solution

I must say that it would appear to me that Sony are absolutly rubbish at keeping their customers informed of any technical problems or even updating us on any progress that has been reported.

Am I missing a public blog or sommik where they do actually post all this info?

If not.  Sony / SCEE, you need a customer services announcement manager.

I am more than qualified to fill that post for you for a reasonable fee ;)

0 Kudos

Regards,
Gus

/16

DJ91rocks

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DJ91rocks
Accepted Solution

Gus_Haines wrote:

Am I missing a public blog or sommik where they do actually post all this info?

Link

0 Kudos

PlayStation 4 Preordered!
/16

shakyhand

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shakyhand
Accepted Solution

Update now on the EU Blog: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/07/08/update-on-playstation-plus-issues/

Edit: oops, didn't see the above link

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel