13 Oct 2012
By: Nakatsu_Hime Member 3,341 Posts
Level 3

PS+ Upload Issues

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 426 Views edited 13-10-2012

I have an irritating problem with uploading game saves to my PS+ space, and any resolution would be much appreciated.

Ever since I've had my PS+ subscription, I have had no end of problems uploading any gamesaves of any appreciable size.

The upload operation is dreadfully slow (over 5 minutes for 2748Kb), and usually results in the error message 'An error occured during the copy operation (8002A407)'. Only tiny gamesaves seem to make it unscathed, but the transfer rate is still awfully slow.

I had accepted this state of affairs until last night when I decided to transfer some gamesaves to PS+ from my second PS3 upstairs. To my suprise I had no errors with larger saves, and the transfer rate was acceptable.

Both PS3s are connected to the same wLAN access point - via an Orange Livebox - and the PS3 with issues is right next to the router whereas my second PS3 is upstairs.

The PS3 in question is a 320Gb slim, and the unit upstairs is a 160Gb slim. Both systems have no other network-related issues.

I have disabled the router's internal firewall due to slow log-on issues (I still have this problem, but put up with it). Signal strength is 100%, NAT type 2, no proxy, MTU is automatic, UPnP is unavailable.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: PS+ Upload Issues

Hi i used to have a Livebox so have some experience with it. First thing check the Livebox's UPnP function is enabled. If the options say UPnP disable then it's enabled UPnP enable then it's disabled. 

An automatic Livebox set-up for PS3 should be something like. 

IP address 192.168.1.*** 

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Default router 192.168.1.1

Primary DNS 192.168.1.1 

Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0

Try the above settings again but input manually on the PS3 but this time use Orange's DNS. 

Primary DNS 193.37.79.101

Secondary DNS 193.37.79.100

This might or might not make a difference. The Livebox default MTU setting is 1492. Automatic should be fine on PS3 but setting manually to 1492 is worth a shot. 

If problems persist it could be down to Orange they are rebranding as EE (Everything Everywhere) shortly. They are rolling out fibre broadband to BT infinity enabled areas soon so there could be ISP related issue's at the moment. 

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (357 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Thanks, I'll try that.

I doubt if the rebranding is anything to do with it as this problem has hounded me ever since I've had PS+

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

I am still with Orange myself but using a Netgear replacement after the Livebox died on me. 

Hope you get it sorted haven't had any issue's with the save upload myself. 

Fingers crossed the new fibre services launch soon. Was going to switch to BT Infinity or Sky i'll stick with Orange have phone, broadband and mobile deal with them.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

UPnP is now correctly reported as being enabled by the PS3, but from one machine uploads are still painfully slow, and usually end in a failure error message.

The only thing I haven't attempted is to see whether the same happens when the PS3 is connected to the Livebox via a cable. I'll try this when I can, but it's not a solution I can use.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (296 Views)
0 Kudos