PSN General

23 Nov 2009
By: Ginger_Kid_2000 Member 396 Posts
Level 3

PS3 Premium PSN subscription confirmed with more details

23 Replies 4119 Views Created 23-11-2009
"Two days ago some slides from an investor meeting outlining a new subscription model were picked up on the Web. The slides caused many to question whether Sony is planning on charging for PSN service on the PS3. Today Sony confirmed that the company is planning on bringing an optional premium level service to the PS3.

I wrote several possibilities for the new subscription model recently. According to Gamespot, Kaz Hirai, CEO of SCE confirmed plans of creating a new premium PSN service some time next year. Hirai assured PS3 owners that the current PSN service will remain free and the company has no plans to charge gamers to play online.

According to Hirai, the new PSN subscription will offer premium content and services. The “services” part has me intrigued as it implies something else beside the additional content.  My best guess is the long rumored PSN game and movie rental subscription service.

Gamers have noticed several months ago that PSN games started coming with expiration fields in the information section, which lead to the speculation of a game rental service. If true, this may be a great reason for consumers to try out games before buying."

Source:

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/11/23/ps3-premium-psn-subscription-confirmed-with-more-details/

Have a look at their MySpace Page:
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (4,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: PS3 Premium PSN subscription confirmed with more details

As long as its a plan for a world Wide version this time and not just Japan. The US having it all to them selves With there current PAY TO PLAY service was not fair. but you can't blame Sony.
Japan and Europe never got there versions due to the services being Contracted out. Future publishing Never secured the EU version and has continued to delay it over and over. Its changed name to many times. So if sony replace Qore wonder if the subscriptions will just end.
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (4,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Very interesting, and also good that they will continue the free service too.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (3,965 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Maybe faster download servers for people who pay?

===========================================================
100Mb:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2158440796.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1409198937.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/44545948.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (3,944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

nope the only way to get faster connection to PSN is to move house, that way the Internet back bone trace route wont go thought the crap bottle necked Network to PSN servers it currently does at your current location. Then you can join many FTTH users getting 100Mb/s from PSN. Thats True Fibre speeds...with real 100Mb/s upload speed as well thats not limited to <2Mb/s..
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (3,927 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

As long as online gaming, friend list and browsing the PSN store or vidzone is free I'm fine with it! :smileywink:

Good plan for Preminum subscription but I don't think alot of people are going to use it.. only People who uses their PS3 for almost everything from downloading songs to movies to games, pictures and such! and gaming of course. :smileytongue: 

Seven-sins-150

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (3,909 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Meh, we all knew it was coming eventually.. but as said.. as long as i can do everything i can do now.. fine.. otherwise, SONY can shove online content :smileytongue:

Follow Pacman_Ownage on Twitter...You know... because everyones doing it?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (3,896 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

I have to wonder....what they are going to do

Am thinking movie , music 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (3,874 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You know what, Im pleased about this.

Sony are losing money through the PS3, and with the premium PSN, maybe, just maybe, Sony will improve on the level of content that we get.

Let's just see if they try to make us pay through the nose for it or not!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (3,870 Views)
Level 3

Seven-sins-150 wrote:

As long as online gaming, friend list and browsing the PSN store or vidzone is free I'm fine with it! :smileywink:

Good plan for Preminum subscription but I don't think alot of people are going to use it.. only People who uses their PS3 for almost everything from downloading songs to movies to games, pictures and such! and gaming of course. :smileytongue: 

thats me!!
Have a look at their MySpace Page:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (3,861 Views)