01 May 2010
By fluered

Playstation Staff

PS3 corrupted data

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 1,656 Views edited 01-05-2010

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had ANY information that could help me out because frankly, it's been annoying my since day one. My PS3 slim has always had trouble with freezing, in fact, it freezes a hell of a lot and it makes playing games feel like a big waste of time (I know, irony.)

Anyway, I decided a long while ago to try and restore my file system to get rid of corrupted data and it tells me that it does, except when I choose to do it again, it goddam says there is still corrupted data. So I bought a new harddrive thinking that would save me. Nope, still corrupted data. I just don't know what I can do to fix this, it makes my games freeze alot and sometimes my Blu-ray play back too.

I was looking at the full format option, but seeing 18 hours and 30 minutes seemed crazy, especially when I put a new harddrive in there anyway? Any help would be appreciated, it's killing me to have to restart my game every 30 minutes, sometimes 5.

Thanks.

Edit: I've looked around endlessly for problems like mine (Google, mind) and I've not seen anything like this, so apologies if there is.

Edit2. I've only just realised I've probably posted this in the wrong section.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (1,656 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 corrupted data

call sony there are the best ones to guide u.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (1,653 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 corrupted data

try de-selecting dynamic themes that you may have running... my friends and my PS3 slim crash eventually because of Dynamic themes... not sure why but we have no problems with PS3 crashing if we dont use them...

All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (1,638 Views)
0 Kudos