25 Jun 2010
By Sjthjs
Playstation Staff

PSN+ Boycott

[ Edited ]
142 Replies 2,368 Views edited 25-06-2010

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/23/playstation-plus-explained/

I've never felt strongly enough to warrant wanting to boycott something. However, I feel absolutely disgusted by the PSN+ service explained on the Playstation Blog.

The content is old, everyone who wanted it has the content (not just a few months, but 2-3 years in some cases). Also, the LBP game they give to you has NO DLC included. You'd think that to sweeten the deal, they would have included the complete edition.

There is are only a select few scrapings from the bottom of the PSN store barrel on offer

Games are rented, to be removed if you unsubscribe

There is NOTHING exclusive

They expect £40 a year for games and content that are past their sell by date and minis (who plays these little stink nuggets that infect the store so?)

It doesn't seem to be aimed at anybody at all. Hardcore gamers have the few decent games offered. New gamers go away with a bad impression of PSN games, especially if they see those minis.

Anyway I won't labour the point, but I'd like to see who is as disgusted by a service I was all for till I saw the first two months content.

Not to be just pessimistic, how about throwing in some (realistic) suggestions to show Sony the "error of their ways"

Thanks to green_shorts for the heads up BTW

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 143 (2,368 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN+ Boycott

[ Edited ]

I agree,

I find the LBP gift pointless for most people who have it already, I rather have the 3 free months.

I believe Sony's strategy is flawed they shouldn't be offering games and dlc which have already been released because most people who wanted them would have got them already whilst people who didn't want them wouldn't want them anyway.

So now I'm currently on the fence as to whether £40/year is worth it for just the automatic downloads and early betas and demos

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 143 (2,338 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

let people make their own mind up. sure there will be some who don't want it but plenty that will and will enjoy the service. they only announced the 1st 2 months, you don't have to sign up straight away i you don't want to, just wait and see what further months bring.

why talk of a boycott, just don't pay for it if you don't like it. I don't buy mushrooms, not to boycott them, I just don't like them :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 143 (2,324 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i cant see the point in paying £40 for this, come on, so what if you can wake up the ps3 in the night. i dont want wakin up,loli can download updates before i go to work,,, sorry no hard sell sony, i need a bit more than these offerings to get me to give you £40,, make it worth the while
if at first you dont get a kill,find him again and do it rite next time
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 143 (2,328 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I taught the hour game trials would be on games such as Call of duty, medal of honour, need for speed, heavy rain etc :smileysad:
I already have 4 things that they are giving away on the first month :/ Why cant it be new games and add ons for games on stuff that came new on the store in that month? not just old games that game out a while back, or mix them up abit like.
If sony was really smart, they wouldnt of released what they are giving away each month- to let it go as a suprise until the day you are able to download them as people wont get a subscription until a month looks like a months that they get their money worth of games etc

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 143 (2,327 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It looks good for me, so i'll subscribe :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 143 (2,314 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sign it up to ask Guerrilla to add online cooperative to Killzone 3!
http://www.petitiononline.com/kz3ocoop/petition.html
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 143 (2,315 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Can I just point out that you're intending to boycott a product which lasts a year, based on the content which will be released in the first 2 months!?

The content you're referring to is not even 1/6th of the service you pay for.

If you don't like the content on offer for the first 2 months, just wait until something comes along which you do like! Certainly, vote with your wallet. But influencing other people's decisions by starting a boycott is a bit strong :smileywink:

Also, this forum is full of hardcore gamers. I don't think that the expectation is for you guys to buy it immediately, the initial content is probably more aimed at new/casual gamers :smileyhappy:

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 143 (2,305 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

MusterBuster wrote:

Can I just point out that you're intending to boycott a product which lasts a year, based on the content which will be released in the first 2 months!?

Also, this forum is full of hardcore gamers. I don't think that the expectation is for you guys to buy it immediately, the initial content is probably more aimed at new/casual gamers :smileyhappy:

MB

I agree its a bit strong to start a Boycott but based on the first 2 months announced content it is Not good value for money in my opinion, and unless it improves over the coming months I will also vote with my wallet by not subscribing. The only way they can even come close to making more people happy is by offering some CHOICE of content and discounts because you could go several months without a single thing being offered in PSN+ being of use or interest to you. And don't you think that Sony should be trying to impress the hardcore community because if they like it and are impressed with it and talking about how good it is more casual users are likely to take an interest? Just a thought.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 143 (2,277 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The boycott is a bit much, I'm just annoyed at some of Sony's choices.

1) The LBP gift, why can't Sony just offer the free 3 months? It would satify everyone whether they have LBP already or not, it is such an easy decision to make, 'free 3 months for every region'.

2) Why can't we have a choice from a selection of games and dlc, new and old, each month? Again it would satisfy more people giving a choice yet Sony decide not to do this, why?

The main problem is the fact that Sony's choices just aren't satisfying everyone but if they make these easy changes it would do.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 143 (2,269 Views)