01 Mar 2010
By Yaster
Community Moderator
Playstation Staff

PSN Connection issues (error 8001050F)

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 35,985 Views edited 01-03-2010

Some consumers are experiencing a network connection failure when signing into PSN and may receive the error code 8001050F.

We are aware of this issue and it's currently under investigation however at this time there is no estimated time to fix. Please refrain from calling your local PlayStation call centre and keep watching this space for further updates...

Can I ask that you please refrain from creating new threads to discuss this issue and use the one below:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/Unable-to-Sign-In-to-Playstation-Network/...

Edit:  Just for an update, we are still investigating and will continue to provide updates.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (35,985 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Connection issues (error 8001050F)

Update: 15:53

Our teams are currently working on a fix for this issue. We have no details of an ETA yet. We expect to have further news shortly.

We will continue to provide updates in this thread, so please stay tuned.

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (33,469 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Update: 16:58

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today.  This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred.  You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies.  Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours.  In the meantime, if you have one of the above listed models, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.  

As mentioned above the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error.  We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please keep an eye on this thread.

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (32,665 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

All,

Please note that I am now out of the office until 10AM tomorrow morning.

I'm concerned that some of you are considering removing the internal battery from your PlayStation 3 system. Please do not do this -you risk damaging your console and voiding your warranty, both of which really are not worth it for the sake of a few hours.

Our previous advice still stands: We hope to have the problem solved within 24 hours (about 21 now, if you've been counting :smileytongue:) and you should avoid using your console until then.

I have given my phone number out to everyone who will be "in the know" about further updates on this issue. Our teams across SCE are working flat-out to fix the problem for you. Should anything come through, either myself or one of the moderators on shift tonight will post the update for you.

I'll also be jumping on and checking PSN tonight from midnight with my own console, just in case :smileywink: I'll let you know the results.

As an aside - thank you all for your patience today. I appreciate that it has been frustrating and I am thankful to all of you for keeping the forum tidy!

Much love to all - MB

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (29,963 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

All,

If you were affected by the issues affecting PS3 consoles earlier today, please now check your console and attempt to sign in. I'm seeing alot of reports that the problem is now fixed, but nothing official as yet.

If you continue to experience the issues above - please let us know in this thread:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/Unable-to-Sign-In-to-Playstation-Network/...

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (26,298 Views)

Playstation Staff

Here is the update for this morning

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year.   Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.  If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet.  If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation blog or PlayStation.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (25,090 Views)

Playstation Staff

We have another statement for you, this time it is regarding any trophy related issues you may have.

We are investigating yesterday's issues including users trophy data and will be able to give more information shortly.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (24,571 Views)
0 Kudos