10 Jun 2012
By Ew_Tux
Playstation Staff

PSN Plus Auto update

7 Replies 574 Views Created 10-06-2012

Hi Guys,

Auto update has several features that can be disabled / enabled , one of them is the Auto Sync / Auto upload games saves which cannot be selected to disable / enable, it is listed as enabled but "greyed" out. Why is this?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (574 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Plus Auto update

Usually this option is greyed out when you are either not connected to the PSN (so the system cannot confirm that you are entitled to the service) or if you are not an active subsciber to Playstation Plus. The network has been having a few problems over the past couple of days so it might be worth trying again at a different time if you want to make a change to the settings.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

My guess is that is because you can set it on a game by game basis so technically the game save service is enabled but you decide which ones to use it on. Seems to make sense to me anyway!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

arashi_85 wrote:

Usually this option is greyed out when you are either not connected to the PSN (so the system cannot confirm that you are entitled to the service) or if you are not an active subsciber to Playstation Plus. The network has been having a few problems over the past couple of days so it might be worth trying again at a different time if you want to make a change to the settings.

This was happening from day 1 i subscribed and there were no issues then. Also, all other options are available indicating that all is fine with the subscription and connection.

If this a per game basis how does this work as i've never seen the option? I know i can upload each save file manually but why implement a feature if it does not do anything. Is there something else i should be doing?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I see what you mean. I've just gone through the proccess of resetting the Automatic Update settings as I've had them active since they were first introduced and they've always been on default and while you can turn off downloading patches, system software, games and videos (not that I ever get those) and syncing trophy infomation you can't deselect uploading game saves to online storage.

It does seem strange but if I had to make a guess I would say it's because I've told it I didn't want some game data syncing (when you first play the game and the option comes up on screen). Maybe because I'm manually choosing which ones to sync it disables the sync option but recognizes that a sync still takes place (which is why the option is still ticked just greyed out).

Sony (like God) works in mysterious ways :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Ew_Tux wrote:

arashi_85 wrote:

This was happening from day 1 i subscribed and there were no issues then. Also, all other options are available indicating that all is fine with the subscription and connection.

If this a per game basis how does this work as i've never seen the option? I know i can upload each save file manually but why implement a feature if it does not do anything. Is there something else i should be doing?

When you start a new game you are given the choice to add to online cloud.

To disable any game save uploads press triangle on the selected game & turn off the auto up date.

To set it for games on disc you will have to insert each game & go through the same thing with each one.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (530 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Muttykins wrote:

Ew_Tux wrote:

arashi_85 wrote:

When you start a new game you are given the choice to add to online cloud.

To disable any game save uploads press triangle on the selected game & turn off the auto up date.

To set it for games on disc you will have to insert each game & go through the same thing with each one.

Thanks for that, makes a bit of sense now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (516 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

All this makes sense except for the fact that, everytime lately when I turn on my PS3 I do not get the message saying what the system updated. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (352 Views)
0 Kudos