02 Nov 2011

Playstation Staff

PSN ban/suspension for no reason

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 981 Views edited 02-11-2011

Ok so today I received my first ban/suspension (temporary I think), after changing both my email and password for my account. The previous day I had called Sony telling them that I was trying to do this and that I didn't know my password.  I supplied the operator with all of my details including address and phone number, the only thing I couldn't supply was the date of birth set on the account, because it was a fake one, I gave the operator my legitimate date of birth. The operator said that the details supplied were not sufficient to prove I was the owner of the account, this process took atleast 25 minutes. I hung up in frustration. The next day (today) I worked out what my password was (by the way this account is 2 years old, that's why I had trouble remembering the password). I created a new email and set it to that, I also changed the password and happily went on my way to playing Battlefield 3, mid-game I got a black screen and was signed out of playstation network, I attempted to sign back in but was given the error code '8002A231', and the message "Your account has been banned or temporarily suspended". I then phoned Sony and spoke to the most useless operator in existance, who told me that I should make a new account. He didn't seem to understand the levels I had achieved and money I had spent on this account. I then emailed Sony including all of my details apart from the date of birth, and that is where I am now. Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone could tell me how long my account will be suspended for and if Sony will be looking into this without me giving the date of birth for the account.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (981 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN ban/suspension for no reason

you supplied fake date of birth info tho, this is a breach of the terms and conditions you agreed to when originally creating the account.

why were you changing your email and password on a 2 year old account anyway? You should have reset your password after the PSN hack

|¬_¬|™
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (965 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So is it a permanent ban on that account or what?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

no-one will know on here buddy, best bet is to get in touch with sony and ask them. as far as i know, you also get an email to your address with some details (unless this has since changed).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (940 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ok thanks, hopefully I get an email soon...but they refuse to tell me anything because I don't have enough detail to confirm that I'm the owner.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (930 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

next time use all the correct legitamate details and u wont have this trouble

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (897 Views)
0 Kudos