13 Jun 2011
Playstation Staff

Perfect Sony procedures killed my account.

15 Replies 572 Views Created 13-06-2011

Hallo.

Maybe someone has this problem too.

When I got my PS3 i made 2 accounts.

1st was mine, second was for children.

I used it until PSN dead. When PSN restarted Sony asked me for changing passwords. I did it on my account easily. When i go to children account problem appear. PS3 sent message on email... and after year I saw that i did mistake during registration. So i have no access to this email (1 letter miss), and no one has because i contact with internet provider (this mistake email was no used about 8 years and its permanently blocked now). Sony info-line asked me about 10 friends that children (5 years old) add to their account. I couldn't find them without log to account (sic.). So for Sony its more secure send my data to unverified email than allow me change my password using console on witch i create account. Of course i know old password and I still use console on witch i created this accounts. Children play their LitlebigPlanets but unfortunately off-line. I never verified email adress and sony send on it secured data....

Perfect procedures ..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (572 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Perfect Sony procedures killed my account.

Pardon, I really struggle to understand you? So basically you setup your children's account wrong by missing a letter in the email address?

Couldn't you log onto the PSN on this website with the incorrect email address and change the password here? I am sure you can do that?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I used this password once over half year ago. later children log automatically. I'm peaty sure that it was exactly the same password as in my account. But now log onto this web is no working too. I think that password is no valid since hackers attack and i have to click on link from email to witch i have no access.

Anyway...

I didn't change IP, PS3 console. I have console on witch I setup this account. This account was never used on other console or IP. This account was working and one day Sony decided to turn it off. They ask me to click on link from email witch I have never verified. This is secure?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

pawelvod wrote:

Hallo.

Maybe someone has this problem too.

When I got my PS3 i made 2 accounts.

1st was mine, second was for children.

I used it until PSN dead. When PSN restarted Sony asked me for changing passwords. I did it on my account easily. When i go to children account problem appear. PS3 sent message on email... and after year I saw that i did mistake during registration. So i have no access to this email (1 letter miss), and no one has because i contact with internet provider (this mistake email was no used about 8 years and its permanently blocked now). Sony info-line asked me about 10 friends that children (5 years old) add to their account. I couldn't find them without log to account (sic.). So for Sony its more secure send my data to unverified email than allow me change my password using console on witch i create account. Of course i know old password and I still use console on witch i created this accounts. Children play their LitlebigPlanets but unfortunately off-line. I never verified email adress and sony send on it secured data....

Perfect procedures ..

their account is a sub account of your account?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

No it's independent account.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (387 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

pawelvod wrote:

No it's independent account.

If the account is still on the ps3 you could log in to the account and try changing the email address in the account management of the playstation network section of the xmb if you haven't tried that already.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

It is impossible to get my account. I can´t log to my account by web browswef because my password is no longer valid after hackers atack. After another contact with sony helpline I found solution. My children has new account... on x-box. Never sony again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Bye then but blaming sony for a mistake you made is a bit much tbh.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

pawelvod wrote:
It is impossible to get my account. I can´t log to my account by web browswef because my password is no longer valid after hackers atack. After another contact with sony helpline I found solution. My children has new account... on x-box. Never sony again.

Hope your kids are enjoying eggbox. Perfect place for children if you ask me. Bye bye troll!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Wrathchild68 schrieb:

pawelvod wrote:

Hope your kids are enjoying eggbox. Perfect place for children if you ask me. Bye bye troll!

Lol...

That was mean but true..

It's not Sonys fault if you're creating an account with a wrong EMail.

Next time, be more cautious at creating an account.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (222 Views)
0 Kudos