Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

PlayStation Outage - Outstanding Issues & Feedback

[ Edited ]
82 Replies 2,776 Views edited 18-05-2011

PlayStation Network Outage - Outstanding Issues & Feedback

Hello Everyone,

This thread has two purposes:

1. It serves as a place for you to inform us of any outstanding issues that need resolution after the outage. Once you notify us of any issue that we can replicate, we will raise a support ticket with the relevant people to get it resolved.

2. It's also the place for you to place clear, concise and constructive feedback for us to report back to the business. If you're posting feedback, make it as short and as fact-driven as possible. I'd also ask that, whether you're giving positive or negative feedback, you include how you felt about the thing you're giving us feedback about.

To keep things nice and simple, please place one of the below headers at the top of your post to signify whether you're raising and issue or giving feedback:

Issue

Feedback

We'll keep a list of all the issues/feedback raised here in the OP - so please check this list below before posting to ensure you're not raising something which we've already escalated. If you have any further questions you can visit our:

*FAQs on PSN Outage*

For more information, check out our existing FAQ which covers most of your questions so far. We're updating it regularly, so keep checking back :smileyhappy:

Issues:

• Some games which require the verification of downloadable content, or an online pass, are not working correctly when signed into the PlayStation Network (Mass Effect 2).
    Link
    Status: Resolved - for now, please sign out of the PlayStation Network when loading Mass Effect 2. Once the PlayStation Store service resumes, this will no longer happen.

• Games which have a "Store" option hang when that option is selected
    Link
    Status: Resolved - please wait until the PlayStation Store service resumes before attempting to access these options.

• Password change emails are being very slow to arrive.
    Link
    Status: Resolved - Please be patient. Our servers are dealing with an exceptional number of requests, and some ISPs are throttling our emails. We're negotiating with those ISPs and you can keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog for details.

• Trophies won't sync
     Link
    Escalated - This could be down to server load but will raise this just to make certain.

• Although password is changed on PS3, users remain logged in here on the forums
    Link
    Status: Resolved - This is down to your browsers authentication information remembering you are signed in.  Consult the help files on your browser of choice to find out how to reset your saved passwords and sign in with your new one.

• Updates lacked solid information regarding the restoration of PSN and felt that these updates should have given ETA's.

• Those providing information over twitter were also tweeting information about games and things unrelated to the outage.
    Feedback: The community team will change our approach for any future issues so that we cover only the issue to ensure clarity.

• It is currently unclear whether those with PS+ subscribers will receive replacement subsciption time for the time lost during the outage as well as the free month from the welcome back package.
    Feedback: Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive 60 days subscription free.

• Feedback: One user felt that the community team did a great job in keeping the userbase informed of updates.

• Faster communication required during moments when PSN is taken down for maintenance sporadically as it was in the evening on 15/5

• Why should PSN authentication be linked with all websites.  Is there anything that can be done to seperate our credentials from sites such as the forum, blog and PS.com?  Should the PS3 based system go down again, it would be nice to know that we can still get to our community.
    Feedback: Due to SCEEs moderation policy, users must remain accountable for actions across all services we offer and host.  Because of this, we must use PSN Sign In for all websites which allows users to upload content, including forums and blog.

• After Sony leaked my personal information across the internet, my bank recommended that I sign up for ID Theft protection. This costs me £6.99 a month which I'm fairly confident is the going rate for this service.
    Feedback: Take a look at this blog post to see what SCEE/SNEE are offering for ID Theft Protection http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/17/details-of-snee-scees-identity-theft-protection-programme/

• It would be a good idea to include more detailed updated on the PS3 in place of the standard "Under maintenance" message as not all users use forums or social media services.  The news feed at the top of the XMB could be used for this.

• Welcome back package.  Many core users of PlayStation 3 already own the content offered as part of this offer.

Thanks folks!

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 83 (2,776 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PlayStation Outage - Outstanding Issues & Feedback

For me, everything is working a helluva lot faster.

This outage has been a good thing. In a way. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 83 (2,676 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Issue

Mass Effect 2 hangs on the main menu when after the "Checking Downloadable Content" message. It doesn't freeze or anything, you just can't move the cursor or select anything unless you sign out of PSN.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 83 (2,655 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Issue

The ME2 hang happens to me.

I also have my PS3 hang and crash when receiving messages from jiggles if I am in game. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 83 (2,612 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Issue:

Call of Duty: Black Ops hangs if you press "Store", it just keeps saying "Fetching", and you can't do anything about it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 83 (2,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Suzzopher wrote:

The ME2 hang happens to me.

I also have my PS3 hang and crash when receiving messages from jiggles if I am in game. 

Please ensure you use the headers, as per the Original Post, to raise feedback or issues.

It's really important to keep this thread nice and clean guys.

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 83 (2,589 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Issue

I have yet to recieve an email to allow me to change my password on another account. The email was sent yesterday around 5pm after trying to sign in. When might I recieve it?

PS. The email address is Hotmail is case that makes any difference.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 83 (2,586 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

JordanBlack68 wrote:
Call of Duty: Black Ops hangs if you press "Store", it just keeps saying "Fetching", and you can't do anything about it.

I'll raise this, and as per above please ensure you use the headers, as per the Original Post, to raise feedback or issues.

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 83 (2,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

MusterBuster wrote:

JordanBlack68 wrote:

I'll raise this, and as per above please ensure you use the headers, as per the Original Post, to raise feedback or issues.

MB

Sorry, just noticed that, and have edited it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 83 (2,573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Issue

When attempting to sync trophies, Dance Dance Revolution New Moves isn't present on the PSN server. This causes the trophies to attempt a server sync every single time I select Trophies or my PSN ID or compare trophies. As I build up other trophies in other games this process is getting slower and slower now taking up to 2 minutes as it's attempting to resync all the trophies I've earned since first playing DDR.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 83 (2,515 Views)
0 Kudos