PSN General

27 Jun 2011
By: whittle1 Member 115 Posts
Level 3

Playstation Plus Renewal

12 Replies 568 Views Created 27-06-2011

Hi guys.
So It's coming to the end of the free 30 day trial of PS Plus from the Network downtime and I've decided I'd like to upgrade to a One Year Membership.
I've tried to get the upgrade from the store, but it won't let me... it only says 'Preview' and there is no 'Buy now' option.
I notice next to the One Year Membership it says: + 3 months extra free subscription.
So my question is once the 30 day trial of my PS plus account runs out, will the ''+ 3 months extra free subscription'' still be available to me? Or will it simply be for One Year Only?
Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Playstation Plus Renewal

I think it might mean that you get an extra 3 months when you buy a years subscription. They've had that offer a few times now. You probably can't buy it until your current free trial ends!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Yeah you should still get the offer but dont see why you cant buy the years subscription now as when it 1st came back after the outage i bought it with no probs so ive got a years subscription and got 3months free along with my free month.
PLAYSTATiON SiNCE 95'

Add meeee - sHaWn_OwEn
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Same here, got my year and the 3 months free along with the extra free time and my rollover sub from the last year sub I got...I'm pretty much set for PS+ forevar!
@TheAnth On Twitter!
Follow Me On Twitter!
NOW PLAYING: Heavy Rain: Move Edition || BRINK || Call of Duty: Black Ops
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I'm also having this problem. Like you I wanted to get the 12 + 3 free but can only preview it. If I have to wait for my free month to end and then the deal is no longer available I will be pretty disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Oh Yeh... I mean when my PS Plus trial runs out i'll be expecting to be able to subscribe and get the extra 3 months free. If not, I simply wont get PS Plus. Had enough of Sony botching things up as it is and they clearly pay little attention to Europe anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

whittle1 wrote:

Oh Yeh... I mean when my PS Plus trial runs out i'll be expecting to be able to subscribe and get the extra 3 months free. If not, I simply wont get PS Plus. Had enough of Sony botching things up as it is and they clearly pay little attention to Europe anyway.

Considering Ps+ has been avaliable for sometime there was nothing stopping you buying it before the outage hows is it Sonys fault your didn't get it when you had the chance.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

You cant just expect the 3 months extra for free!!! Its a deal to entice people to pay a years subscription & you get a little extra for doing so. They might do a different deal next time whether it will be better than the last one,who knows or it could be just the same or nothing! Basically you gotta get it while the offer is on and cant believe people are still moaning about the outage. You got a months free of PS+ that many didnt have before,2games & 2films. If Sony keep "botching" things up Whittle1 then go & stick with Xbox who have more problems!!!
PLAYSTATiON SiNCE 95'

Add meeee - sHaWn_OwEn
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

No its just Sony are continuing to do bad business. I'm moaning because i don't think it's fair that some people will be getting +3 months and I may have missed my window of opportunity. I didn't upgrade to PS Plus immediately because I actually wanted to try out the service. You do know people like to try before they buy?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

its been available for a year u chose to wait then the free offer comes along and suddenly sonys botching it up

go figure :smileyhappy:

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (437 Views)
0 Kudos