PSN General

11 May 2012
By: BlueTigerCub Member 11 Posts
Level 1

Playstation plus - push content

6 Replies 327 Views Created 11-05-2012

Hi

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere but I've searched around for the answer without any joy.

I've been subscribing to PS+ for nearly a year now, and during this time I have only ever had one thing 'pushed' to my PS3 which was the dust beta / demo sometime last year.  I've tried unchecking all the options and rechecking them under the PS+ options on the XMB but it doesn't have an effect - I still do not have any PS+ content pushed to my PS3.

The PS3 automatic update works fine (trophies, patches etc) so I'm not sure why this no longer works.  I've got about 20gb spare on the HD, but not long ago I had 70gb so I'm sure its not a storage issue.

Is there something else I can do? Or is this something sony customer services could sort out?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Playstation plus - push content

i think they stopped pushing content like game demo's to the consoles due to people with limited bandwidth each month, i am most likely wrong but that is what i think.
To Infinity and Beyond
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

So, no one gets any pushed content from PS+ anymore?  I thought that they still pushed the free PS+ content to your console.  Am I wrong?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

BlueTigerCub wrote:

So, no one gets any pushed content from PS+ anymore?  I thought that they still pushed the free PS+ content to your console.  Am I wrong?

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/linked285071/item289095/PlayStation-Plus-membersh... ( this will explain some stuff about PS+ )

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/linked285071/item285066/PlayStation-Plus-frequent... ( questions and answers that might help you )

What i do is check every two weeks for new content myself from the Playstation Store ( Playstation Plus ) as this shows 99% of the content available to PS+ Subscribers

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi - thanks for your reply, but those last links didn't really help - they just told me the features of PS+ - including the automatic downloading of videos and games:

Automatic update options

You can select the following update options under Settings > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update]:

• Download game patches
  • Download the latest system software
  • Download recommended games and videos
  • Sync trophy information with the server

i'm quite used to checking the store myself when it updates every week, it's just that it would be nice to get a feature that I have paid for - the automatic download.  I don't understand why my system downloads patches, system software and syncs trophy information but not recommended games and videos. If anyone has had this problem and managed to solve it - please let me know :smileyhappy:

If sony customer services is monitoring these forums - do you know how I can solve this issue?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

There was a post by a staff member over a year ago, I cannot remember if it was on forums or blog, but he did say that they had turned it off due to issues/complaints.

Personally I would like PS access pushed to my console each week, and the patches are still getting through, but nothing else.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Ok - thanks.  It would make life better if you could set it to download particular things automatically (e.g. any PS+ free games, every new episode of Access etc).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (216 Views)
0 Kudos