By markngaz

markngaz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Ridiculous sony, sold my ps3 , never thought i would go 2 the other side, but im done with this,

90 Replies 6,726 Views Created 11-05-2011

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

SGTcolon

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SGTcolon
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Microsoft are bringing out a new scurity format on DVD later this year.

That's soooooo three years ago. :Raspberry:

0 Kudos

Re: Ridiculous sony, sold my ps3 , never thought i would go 2 the other side, but im done with thi

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

SGTcolon wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Microsoft are Beta testing it now

0 Kudos

Re: Ridiculous sony, sold my ps3 , never thought i would go 2 the other side, but im done with thi

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

SGTcolon

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SGTcolon
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

SGTcolon wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Microsoft are Beta testing it now

I was meaning DVD is so three years ago, not Microsoft's new security.

Joke spoiler. :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

/16

Corvus9

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Corvus9
Accepted Solution
Please dont sell your console, what would online gaming be like if all the immature, petulant, whiney children stopped playing?

/16

dgaunt

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dgaunt
Accepted Solution

In my line of work I know a bit about ID and card theft and the figures involved. I've only ever seen one example of debit card details stolen from a PS3 and this was because it had been sold without formatting it, on the other hand I've seen plenty of people with their Xbox live accounts hacked and debit cards been used because of this. And still despite the recent PSN attack we are not seeing any fraud cases linked to this

0 Kudos

/16

Darkuser999

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkuser999
Accepted Solution

I could do without PSN for a few weeks and i'm a slow gamer with tonnes of offline games to play. However, i do understand the sentiment of the OP. Sony really is digging themselves a grave! They are giving people the impression that they don't have a clue and don't know what they're doing. If we all have to wait till 31st of May to get back online i expect a few more bows from the Sony CEOs....seriously, like some official headlines or apologies etc. otherwise people will bulk migrate to Microsoft. So far Sony hasn't clarified this. Their updates are still subpar. Their latest update on the ps3 blog says  nothing and follows 3-4 days of silence. No date no nothing, while rumous of the 31st of May being the date are in circulation like wild fire. Also in circulation are rumours of PSN having been hacked 3 times already, and this is what's causing the delays. Somehow PSN has become a prime target for low-life hackers, which means that it will be hacked again in the future. As much as i curse the hackers, their nothing consumers can do about it. If this is the case, Sony needs to say something! How are people not going to turn to PS3's competitors the xbox 360?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CardcaptorStacey
Accepted Solution

Seriously, people are so stupid. You can use the console offline you know. :/ Sounds like stupid kids having a paddy. Really sad

/16

rompingdonkey

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rompingdonkey
Accepted Solution

CardcaptorStacey wrote:

Seriously, people are so stupid. You can use the console offline you know. :/ Sounds like stupid kids having a paddy. Really sad

To be fair if that is how the OP felt then thats his right..

I am not on about people just getting rid of there PS3 for an Xbox but for those people who are getting rid of there Consoles in general too..

At the end of the day in some ways I cant say I blame them.. Dont get me wrong I wont be selling mine but lets face it alot of people including myself only bought the PS3 for Online Gaming and it isnt doing that..

Saying "that it plays oflline too" is just like saying " well me car as broke down down but cause the wheels still turn I will push it"

At the end of the day the Console is not doing the purpose that it was bought for by alot of people so slating them for getting rid of it to me is "like kids having a paddy"

0 Kudos

/16
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CardcaptorStacey
Accepted Solution

rompingdonkey wrote:

CardcaptorStacey wrote:

To be fair if that is how the OP felt then thats his right..

I am not on about people just getting rid of there PS3 for an Xbox but for those people who are getting rid of there Consoles in general too..

At the end of the day in some ways I cant say I blame them.. Dont get me wrong I wont be selling mine but lets face it alot of people including myself only bought the PS3 for Online Gaming and it isnt doing that..

Saying "that it plays oflline too" is just like saying " well me car as broke down down but cause the wheels still turn I will push it"

At the end of the day the Console is not doing the purpose that it was bought for by alot of people so slating them for getting rid of it to me is "like kids having a paddy"

No, you are wrong. The PS3 isn't broken. It's just temporary down and will be back in a few weeks. Comparing it to a broken down car is a bad comparison. People are just being so impatient.

Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

CardcaptorStacey wrote:

Comparing it to a broken down car is a bad comparison. 

For people who play mostly online I'd say it's a pretty good analogy.

0 Kudos

/16

bluey21

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bluey21
Accepted Solution

It's all very well having a pop at Sony, and yes their security should have been better.

But who started all this..........

The hackers !!!

Be patient peeps.

0 Kudos

/16

kingchaz

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingchaz
Accepted Solution
This is why I own both systems, the chances of both being offline at the same time is very slim.
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

kingchaz wrote:
This is why I own both systems, the chances of both being offline at the same time is very slim.

hahahahhaaaa - I haczored d interweb, now wut u gunna do? :D

(I didn't obviously - so good point, well made :Thumbs:)

Back on topic though, if the OP is so hacked (no pun intended) off that they are willing to lose a shed load of money trading in, rather than waiting until PSN comes back up, that that is their choice, and they have every right to make it.

Not the choice I'm making, but there you go :)

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

savill

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
savill
Accepted Solution

Please don't go OP, i miss you so much it hurts. I'm a sad panda :xCry:

The PSN will never be the same without you.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

PatC_PSN wrote:

CardcaptorStacey wrote:

Comparing it to a broken down car is a bad comparison. 

For people who play mostly online I'd say it's a pretty good analogy.

To me a better analogy is that the PS3 is like a bar that only serves beer and whiskey. Some people like beer. Some people like whiskey. And some people like beer and whiskey. But the bar has run out of whiskey. So all those who like beer are still having a good time, while the whiskey only drinkers are out on the street looking for another bar.

I guess the questions are: what proportion of people fall into the whiskey only category, and how much of an alcoholic are they?

/16

Deano2087

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deano2087
Accepted Solution

Laters cry baby! Boo-F-ing-Hoo!

0 Kudos

Playing: Tomb Raider, COD: ghosts
/16

ARCY

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ARCY
Accepted Solution

Let Sony take as long as they need to get things up and running again, we're not paying for it after all.

0 Kudos

/16

xAUSSIES_RULEx

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xAUSSIES_RULEx
Accepted Solution

How much you get for the PS3 ?    I need another (got 2 already)  Im selling our XBox with kinnect, it is only 6mths old n doesnt get played.

0 Kudos

/16

MrFoil

73%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrFoil
Accepted Solution

LOL!!  OP ur bawwing like a god damn child.  U didnt sell ur PS3 ur mom did after u crying for so long...  Your only social interaction, Video games lol was unavailable for a few weeks so u goto another platform to have an empty friends list and no gamerscore or games?  Have fun with the tiny player counts u get in LIVE versions of games lol...

I guarantee u will be without LIVE longer than PSN in the long run due to the weeks u will be without a console when the thing rrod or other yearly breakdown it gets...

0 Kudos

/16

martyn_gibbs

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martyn_gibbs
Accepted Solution

MrFoil wrote:

LOL!!  OP ur bawwing like a god damn child.  U didnt sell ur PS3 ur mom did after u crying for so long...  Your only social interaction, Video games lol was unavailable for a few weeks so u goto another platform to have an empty friends list and no gamerscore or games?  Have fun with the tiny player counts u get in LIVE versions of games lol...

I guarantee u will be without LIVE longer than PSN in the long run due to the weeks u will be without a console when the thing rrod or other yearly breakdown it gets...

Congratulations on your third *****e post!

I expect to see more chav-like posts soon. :)

0 Kudos

/16

rompingdonkey

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rompingdonkey
Accepted Solution

MrFoil wrote:

At the end of the day in my eyes the OP got rid of his PS3 for whatever reason and for the OP it was the right decision at the time. If he is regretting it now so what.

This is the only thing that gets at me to be honest that nearly everyone as jumped on the OP for getting rid of it,, it was his decision .

I think most people have taken it personal that they have sold it:Lol: ,, I think the only reason the OP started the post was just to let people know and Sony how fed up they were for lets be honest all the messing about.

If on the other hand the OP sold it because of *****ng Idiots on here then ^^ the above quote as just proved that it was definately the right thing to do.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel