Level 3

Re: Sky Broadband subscribers with PSN issues

Apologies if this has been answered already, I've been keeping up to date with this thread though. Has anyone tried speaking to someone higher up at Sky? For example when you phone the customer service can they put you through to the head office?

This is a serious, serious problem. Most people work from 9-5, so for hard earned money to be wasted on an ISP who cannot provide online PS3 access over 5 is wholly unacceptable. The problem is that I hear it takes weeks to change service provider, and that is even more hassle than what we are enduring right now. 

Far, far beyond a joke.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 141 of 412 (1,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have just come off the phone to SKY and they are now very aware there is a problem reagarding SKY connect customers connecting to PSN. The guy i spoke said they have had a large number of calls on this and are aware it is not a DNS problem. He assures me that it has been passed on to management and it will be looked into but not until tomorrow.

Can only take his word for it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 142 of 412 (1,511 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to have a good time when I move to Sky in August....

Is this problem happening to literally everybody?  The package I'm going on is the £5 p/m (2mb).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 143 of 412 (1,501 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

So, to recap (5 bloody hours I've been at this now!) Sky initially denied there was a problem. Then changed their tune and acknowledged there was a problem but it wasn't their doing. Then came the "it's Sony's fault" line, closely followed by "we've upgraded everybody to the 20meg package". Now, it seems, they acknowledge there is a major issue, but have still not admitted liability. Let's be honest, they've only just rolled out the bandwidth throttling policy to restrict use of peer-to-peer applications - they're unlikely to change it within 24 hours. Thing is, we're all Sky Connect subscribers - has ANYONE received an email from Sky notifying them of the changes?! I certainly haven't!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 144 of 412 (1,486 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Plow, you should be ok... from what I can see it's only Sky Connect customers, which is 8mb but £17 a month. I pay £5 but that's because I complained when I first got Sky (what a mess that was...)

But for £5 that is the mid package which is 8mb but on Sky's own network.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 145 of 412 (1,484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Rest assured sky are aware of the problem, but if you call technical support they will not be able to tell you to do anything on your ps3 basically because they don't provide support for it specifically so they can't advise messing around with the settings just incase it makes things worse or causes other problems.

As I said at the moment its an ongoing issue, being looked into.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 146 of 412 (1,482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

just out of interest whats everyone playing whilst sky give it to us on all 4's. i've had 4days now on become a legend Pes09 oh and fight night 4 demo.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 147 of 412 (1,481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

heres there head office number 020 7705 3000 ring them and ask to speak to the person in charge and complain to the they'll get fed up with the calls after a while and look in to it to stop the angry customers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 148 of 412 (1,471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@Goffo I've not been playing anything - I've been doing this for 4 days straight! Christ, this thread has become my baby! Not for a second when I started it did I think it would stilll be going 3 days, 8 pages and (at time of writing) nearly 150 posts later!

Well done everyone, I salute you. Without the efforts of a lot of people on here we'd still be scrambling about trying to come up with a cause, let alone an admission from Sky that there is an issue which needs addressed. Personally I don't hold out much hope for a successful resolution, but I'd love to be proved wrong. If nothing else because I can't be bothered trying to change ISP!

To those of you still battling keep up the good work. Personally I'm off to bed to try and be fresh for work at 4am - broadband don't pay for itself :smileywink:

Anyone with any questions feel free to PM me (no add requests though please). I can't guarantee to know the answer but, since I've been here since post 1, I'll try my best.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 149 of 412 (1,455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I am on sky broadband connect at discounted rate £5, and same problems since thursday night. Sky are currently upgrading this package to 10mb speed, but reducing download allowance from 40gb to 10gb. Will this reduction affect gaming, assuming we get back online.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 150 of 412 (1,445 Views)
0 Kudos