96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Sky Broadband subscribers with PSN issues

411 Replies 3,408 Views Created 21-06-2009
Can I ask all those who have Sky Broadband as their ISP and who have had PSN sign-in issues since Wednesday night/Thursday morning to make themselves known here please?

Please, only those on Sky, and only those since Thursday.

The_Num
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ABB011

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ABB011
Accepted Solution

Hi all, I'm also a sky customer and have been getting the exact same problems since last week. (8002AD23, 8002A548, connection timed out)

I phoned Sony yesterday, they gave me some ports to open, which I knew in advance would not help. I then phoned Sky but the limits of their abilities seems to be telling people if their internet is working or not.

I really hope this is solved soon. 

0 Kudos

Re: Sky Broadband subscribers with PSN issues

Beta Tester
/16

DANTE234

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANTE234
Accepted Solution
I'm on sky broadband, i have had no problems connecting online with my ps3, maybe now and again my ps3 signs out, but it doesn't do it that often, also the only time it doesn't work is if sony are doing maintenence to the psn or something like that, also have 2 laptops on the same connection, no problems there, but downloads get affected and sometimes stop, but that is not a concern for me
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

kingfox

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution
was just read a sky forum and they keep saying thatsony did when they updated there server recently which is funny as i dont remember there being any updates :D
0 Kudos

/16

TheParf

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheParf
Accepted Solution
Mine stopped connecting from 12pm onwards :@
0 Kudos

www.twitter.com/lukeparfitt
/16

The_Num

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Num
Accepted Solution
If Sky are blaming Sony then why isn' this happening to everybody? Why is it only Sky customers? The reason I chose Sky ahead of other ISPs it because they told me once they'd upgraded all their exchanges I'd automatically go from the £18 a month package to the £5 a month package. 18 months later and guess what? I'm still paying £18 a month. Screw them. If they'd had the decency to admit they'd done something to the network I'd have been prepared to give them a chance. To bare faced lie and deny all knowledge is bullsh*t. I'm going to call them tomorrow, ask to speak to a manager and give them the link to this thread. Then we'll see if there's "something Sony have done". Why would Sony do something to the PSN that stopped people from signing in?!?! I started off feeling disappointed that I couldn't sign in, and a bit powerless because I didn't know what the problem was. Now I'm bloody raging.

And, yes, I have media server connection thingy disabled. Had it enabled on Wednesday though, when I could sign in and out to my heart's content. Between then and Thursday I did NOTHING to my PS3s network setting to explain this problem.

/16

Mrdibbles

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mrdibbles
Accepted Solution
what codes are we all getting the last one i had was 8002AD23 i searched this in there search engine and people have had this problem before one said he went to Network Settings and disabled Media Servers and the problem went away.... he just re-enable Media Servers if he wants to watch a film streamed from his PC but other than that, I leave it disabled and not had a problem since. dont no if this will work i dont want to turn mine on incase i smash it up out of anger,
0 Kudos

/16

AJScott-68

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AJScott-68
Accepted Solution

Yip - Same ***** happening here.

Started playing up Thursday evening.

Surly to christ someone from SKY or SONY can solve the problem easily enough. ???

A wee call to watchog from all the unhappy customers may o the trick. 

0 Kudos

/16

Adwil24

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Adwil24
Accepted Solution

Well said The_Num, I too will be ringing them tomorrow, and I urge ALL Sky customers to do the same! The more calls they keep getting, the more likely they are to, get off their backsides and sort the problem out. Its clearly not Sonys fault, as the great number of Sky Boardband + PSN problem threads on here shows.

Sky Broadband Helpline: 08442 410 515

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

kingfox

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution

Adwil24 wrote:

Well said The_Num, I too will be ringing them tomorrow, and I urge ALL Sky customers to do the same! The more calls they keep getting, the more likely they are to, get off their backsides and sort the problem out. Its clearly not Sonys fault, as the great number of Sky Boardband + PSN problem threads on here shows.

Sky Broadband Helpline: 08442 410 515

heres a free number as well if you dont want to pay 0800 0287855

or how about there head office number to complain about the crapy sevis we are getting  020 7705 3000

0 Kudos

/16

boabisavage69

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boabisavage69
Accepted Solution
i to have been having problems signing in since thursday, i keep getting a message saying the connection for playstation network timed out and its still saying that today i can only get signed in at 12.30am for atleast 3/4 hours then can't get signed in at all till 12.30am the next day, oh and folks it has nothing to do with your playstation network or ps3 system, sky broadband is to blame! i have asked my m8ts if they have ever had this problem and they'd had but it fixed itself within a week or a week before returning to normal, and if sony careline told you about port forwarding its a load of nonsense, they just send u on a wild goose chase lol
0 Kudos

/16

Conqueror_World

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Conqueror_World
Accepted Solution
i have a connection with sky and my psn works fine. call them up and chek ur signal. try moving ur tv coz u may not have signal there
0 Kudos

/16

Suddss

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Suddss
Accepted Solution

This has got nothing to do with dim wireless signals, this is skys fault.

I have rang them numerous times and got nothing from them, infact one of thee operators mentioned this site and that some people have found a solution, my f**king left testicle a solution.

They know theres a problem.

I better swap routers back to the sh*te sagem one sky gave me, incase there is updates... then again it aint the routers fault...

Message Edited by Suddss on 22-06-2009 02:05 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

PC_Red7_UK

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PC_Red7_UK
Accepted Solution
I also have sky broadband but I use a wired connection for my ps3 because the signal I get from the sky netgear router is very poor. I havent had any problems signing in to psn but twice over the past week while I have been playing killzone 2 online, the screen freezes and it says that I have signed out of psn with a code -214310270 (Killzone 2 was still running). Oddly enough I was able to sign in straight after but the score I got in the match wasnt recorded & that is quite frustrating. I'm sure it was a problem with sky broadband because I re-entered that same game when I signed in again. Has anyone else experience a problem like this?  
0 Kudos

/16

Suddss

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Suddss
Accepted Solution

Yep, use wired myself, and what you have described happened me numerous times, then all of a sudden couldnt connect at all.

At first a thought it was BT switchin our exchange to 21CN, but know, wishfull thinkin...

0 Kudos

/16

W3XF0RD

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
W3XF0RD
Accepted Solution
What the hell is going on with Sky Broadband. I have been having intermittent connection problems since the 2.76 update. I phoned both Sky and Sony and I got the feeling they were blaming each other. I am getting signed out as soon as i sign in in the evening. I can play all night, all day but the eveing is really bad. I work nights so the only time I can use my ps3 for gaming is my 2 nights off. Sucks!!!!!! I hope this is patched soon either by Sony or Sky. It's driving me up the wall W3X
0 Kudos

/16

boabisavage69

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boabisavage69
Accepted Solution
today i was able to sign in at 12.30pm till 15.00pm then got tht daft message, i was playing cod5 online last nite from 12.30am till 04.00am it worked with no problems just usually from 12.00 till 12.00 it don't work, the only time u can play it is at night *****?? crazee lol i was just lucky today.
0 Kudos

/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
Well I just got kicked off PSN again, and now I can't get back on.
0 Kudos

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
/16

The_Num

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Num
Accepted Solution
First chance I've had to try today but signed in first time (although it took it's sweet time) and still signed in a whole 8 minutes later. As I said last night Sky are rolling out amendments to all their packages TODAY (including huegly reducing the download cap on the mid-range package, which they've also renamed) so it is almost certain they were carrying out maintenance on their network and/or servers over the last few days. Whether this has been the cause of our collective woes or not and whether(fingers-crossed) the work is now completed and wiill spell the end of PSN/Sky issues for the time-being I can only hope.

I certainly hope so because, I don't know about anyone else, I absolutely hate phoning call-centres to complain about anything! (14 minutes and counting.... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Just got signed out!!!!!) Well, that was about to be a big speech about thanking everyone for their input the last 3 days and how I had no idea the problem was this far-spread. Now it's just been kicked in the teeth. Here we go again.
0 Kudos

/16

B1g-F33t

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
B1g-F33t
Accepted Solution

New customer to sky and Broadband connect (Router reports 3.x Mbps and download test shows about 2.x Mbps which i am "Happy" with).

Had it about a month and this week keep getting signed out of PSN, tried:

OPENDNS - no change

Using my old DG834G (cracked with sky password) - no change

Put PS3 in DMZ - no change

Fiz PS3 IP - no change

Looks to me like they are using some sort of traffic shaping as i can download files from FTP no problem but just have all sorts or PSN issues (on peak especially).

Stuck with Sky connect due to TV package.... really unhappy with Sky.

Hope they sort this out soon.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

kingfox

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution
well 5 o'clock come and i got signed out this is getting stupid
0 Kudos

/16

BubWright

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BubWright
Accepted Solution
ur lucky u only just started gettin it. ive had this since day 1 of sky bb and ive had it 4 months now
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel