49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Sky users with DNS error 80710102

48 Replies 3,797 Views Created 13-05-2009

Started getting this last week and is very annoying. Surfing not an issue, just logging in. If I keep attempting, it eventually will sign in. Work colleague yesterday mentioned he has just started getting as of this Sunday and still there yesterday. He’s a Sky user also

Called Sky and they said was an issue with Sony. Called Sony and they advised that they have received a few calls with same error and that it was from Sky ISP customers. This was before I’d mentioned who mine was. Said it could be something to do with ‘traffic shaping’ which is techno speak for changing the bandwidth. OK for general surfing, but a killer for gaming

Any other Sky ISP users out there having same problem? If yes, get onto Sky broadband on 08442 411411. If they don’t think an issue, then they will not fix. Very annoyed at moment as only been able to get on for 2 hours in a week. AARRGGHH!!!!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Mr_Chronic91

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Chronic91
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Re: Sky users with DNS error 80710102

/16

ghosthunter68

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ghosthunter68
Accepted Solution
Did the unknown system maintenance that happen last night have any effects on this issue. I changed my DNS setting as per a previous post on this thread and haven't had any further issues.
0 Kudos

Committed gamer or gamer that needs to be committed.

Beta Tester
/16

DNAtlantic

• Beta Tester
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DNAtlantic
Accepted Solution
yes its been happening with sky.. and its to do with the amount of bandwidth your getting with them. When i called Sony they told me that Sky lowered the bandwidth in my area. so im guessing it wont happen to everyone just to the people who live in an area where there are a lot of SKY users. (Lowering bandwidth allows other sky users to use the internet) hence why even when you cant log in to PSN u can go on the Web browser. My suggestion is call sky and ask them to bump the bandwidth up. Sony did tell me they (Sky) can fix it. 
0 Kudos

/16

Ghostymo

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ghostymo
Accepted Solution

I have this problem occasionally. However I find once I've logged on it doesn't ever cut off.

I will be ringing Sky tomorrow,lets take those sons of b*tches down XD lol

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos

Golf Hotel Oscar Sierra Tango Yankee Mike Oscar

ETW - England's Tools of War
/16

I-Knight

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I-Knight
Accepted Solution
i'm with SKY BB and am getting this problem. I think i'll be giving them a call tomorrow too.
0 Kudos

/16

TMX-MV6

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TMX-MV6
Accepted Solution

i bet Sky & the likes are using Traffic shaping and banning PS3 traffic or there DNS servers are overloaded with PSN traffic and just DOS out

im using alternative DNS on my Three G internet connection i also note that opendns has got very slow lately with handeling ps3 requests im using another lesser known DNS service and am having no problems and a good speedy connection

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

divine1000

• Beta Tester
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
divine1000
Accepted Solution

I've just started getting this error message over the last 2 days. I have a launch 60gb (March 07) & have been with Sky (Broadband Connect) throughout. It's the first time I've had any recurring network issues, plus with reading this thread I'm guessing Sky has altered something.

I don't think the fair usage policy has anything to do with it, all my other devices work perfectly & I've never had any problems of this nature before in almost 3 years...

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel