Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Sky users with DNS error 80710102

Has anybody noticed during daytime it seems fine but near 7pm+ roughly the ***** errors start to occur? Strange.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 49 (2,684 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ne-oN wrote:
Has anybody noticed during daytime it seems fine but near 7pm+ roughly the ***** errors start to occur? Strange.

I had these problems throughout the entire day (as a student I don't have much else to do other than try logging on :smileywink:)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 49 (2,682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

those dns that where posted seem to work good for some but not me. i changed the dns to the ones posted on the first page, but what about the other info i have to fill in like ip and default router crap. what bout that?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 49 (2,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 49 (2,667 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Did the unknown system maintenance that happen last night have any effects on this issue. I changed my DNS setting as per a previous post on this thread and haven't had any further issues.
Committed gamer or gamer that needs to be committed.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 49 (2,628 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

yes its been happening with sky.. and its to do with the amount of bandwidth your getting with them. When i called Sony they told me that Sky lowered the bandwidth in my area. so im guessing it wont happen to everyone just to the people who live in an area where there are a lot of SKY users. (Lowering bandwidth allows other sky users to use the internet) hence why even when you cant log in to PSN u can go on the Web browser. My suggestion is call sky and ask them to bump the bandwidth up. Sony did tell me they (Sky) can fix it. 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 49 (2,617 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I have this problem occasionally. However I find once I've logged on it doesn't ever cut off.

I will be ringing Sky tomorrow,lets take those sons of b*tches down XD lol

Thanks for the help

Golf Hotel Oscar Sierra Tango Yankee Mike Oscar

ETW - England's Tools of War
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 49 (2,582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i'm with SKY BB and am getting this problem. I think i'll be giving them a call tomorrow too.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 49 (2,573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i bet Sky & the likes are using Traffic shaping and banning PS3 traffic or there DNS servers are overloaded with PSN traffic and just DOS out

im using alternative DNS on my Three G internet connection i also note that opendns has got very slow lately with handeling ps3 requests im using another lesser known DNS service and am having no problems and a good speedy connection

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 49 (2,564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've just started getting this error message over the last 2 days. I have a launch 60gb (March 07) & have been with Sky (Broadband Connect) throughout. It's the first time I've had any recurring network issues, plus with reading this thread I'm guessing Sky has altered something.

I don't think the fair usage policy has anything to do with it, all my other devices work perfectly & I've never had any problems of this nature before in almost 3 years...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 49 (2,534 Views)
0 Kudos