07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

So how have the first few hours been?

10 Replies 667 Views Created 15-05-2011

Hi Playstation Gamers

Just thought i would gather some thoughts from the community and see how everyones getting on with the PSN back up.

1. How are you enjoying playing online again?
  2. Have you felt like the PSN is running smoother or differently?
  3. What games have you been playing?
  4. Are you relieved that your details are now again secure?
  5. How have you found the password change? (easy, simple, difficult, etc)
  6. What did you miss most about PSN while it was down?

Personally i have been bored the past week i could deal with a couple of weeks of single player but this week ive been bored out my mind. I thought the password change was really easy and im glad i have my account again. I have felt like the PSN is running smoother just that i sign in faster and friends list appears quicker. I first caught up on the video chat with a few friends/family that i have not spoke to in a month and it was great to do that again, i then played mw2 with a few friends and had a good few games. I have really enjoyed PSN being back up and look forward to playing some SOCOM mp and other games and get my PS+content for may when its released.

Thanks for reading, let me know some of your thoughts :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

lovly12

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lovly12
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Re: So how have the first few hours been?

/16

lovly12

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lovly12
Accepted Solution

it was really nice to have psn back! i first have also spoken to some friends who i really care about and then i started playing my favourite game BFBC2. sometimes i still can't believe that the psn is back. well i have also noitce a few things about the psn since is back, smother faster HQ online gaming. 

what should we aske more. i love PSN who has really given a great Etertinement world

0 Kudos

/16

luvmeps_3

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luvmeps_3
Accepted Solution

1 It's ok, it felt surreal signing in, seeing my friends list and being able to send and receive messages.  I enjoyed playing online (COD btw), although my aim was poor!  However, i must say it wasn't too fun mainly because I'm not playing on my main account as I still haven't got the highly sought after e-mail and Microsoft can't hande it.

2 Not really, in fact COD was quite laggy compared to usual.

3 Black ops

4 Not really, once they've been compromised once, it doesn't really matter what happens next, my details are out there somewhere in a file with those of another 80 million users.

5 Annoying, it wasn't difficult on this account, but i still have not been able to access my main account, which I had deactivated on my bro's PS3 because I didn't want to waste any licenses, deactivated on my phat PS3 because I had a feeling it was on it's last legs, and deactivated on my PS3 because I didn't want to play the First Strike maps (before PSN went down).  I've requested my password several times to no avail - hotmail issue it seems.

6 Playing!  The Store, chatting to friends.  Basicaly i had a 3 week holiday and on the last day PSN was back on, sorry to say this but it was an epic fail for me :(  Oh and I barely touched my PlayStation when PSN wasn't to be, literally played about 5 games of Fifa.  I cancelled my Brink pre-order, wasn't liking the look of the game as much as I did at E3, will wait for it to get cheaper.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

SfighterX

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SfighterX
Accepted Solution

born2destroy wrote:
  1. Are you relieved that your details are now again secure?

Implies that their improved security measures are indeed sufficient. They have not let us know about these if in fact they are.

It is also the case that hackers are still in contact with our information and have the ability to sell that information at any time they please.

So no, not really :) + i don't like their dodgey terms and conditions which exempt them from liability if our data is stolen from their care.

Considering they ask us for our data, we give them credit card details to purchase stuff of them and they unecessarily store all this data; it should be up to them to account for it. I as a consumer did not ask them to store my personal details or Credit Card information. They don't NEED to keep this information for a prolonged period of time, if indeed at all (address)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

wezraff

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wezraff
Accepted Solution

Glad that the PSN is back.only problem ive had is when im playing FIFA 11 online after a match against somebody the screen wont move from the loading screen.anybody know what i can d to sort it????

0 Kudos

/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
micksith
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
micksith
Accepted Solution

I   STUPIDLY signed up  for £40 PS+  & transferred  all my game saves to  the secure online cloud service  .... THEN  PSN WAS SWITCHED OFF.

Because i'd deleted saves  off my PS3 to save HDD space (only a 60gb)   I was left with only  2 games i'd bought on 21st  April     that i could actually play OFFLINE   .... & 1 game was Mortal Kombat   which i bought to play ONLINE .

So while most on here  told people to STOP COMPLAINING & "Play offline"   - This Deemed my console useless to Me.

Didn't  Buy   MK  for  1 player   & i've Platinum already on my second playable game.

So my first few hours were spent playing MK  thanks to MK's  2 day trial Kombat PASS.

Still   THANKS to  SONY  - I'm back  to No  Online MK now  until they  fix the PS store  & i can redeem the Full Kombat Pass for MK.

NO ONLINE  for   3 weeks  -  I had NO ACCESS to my Cloud saves  for other games OFFline  for 3 weeks  & 3 Days  chasing  & changing  my Bank details  (thanks again SONY).

& As a thanks for my "Patience & support"  (like we had a choice in it)  SONY now offer a choice of years old games  (all available pre-owned for around £7  WOW)  As compensation.

SONY know  most people previously had  or still have these games.   SO  WHERE'S  THE BENEFIT  ?

(Most are only included to boost HYPE/ sales for the sequels - So benefits Sony More than us)

Offering  at least  1 premium game would've been a better option - Instead of OLD bargain stuff  they can't shift much.

This isn't  a decent  FAIR thank you for ALL customers -  It's  a SONY self help Insult.

0 Kudos

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "
/16

luvmeps_3

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luvmeps_3
Accepted Solution

Surely deleting a few game saves wouldn't have saved you much space!!  Deleting game data would've been more useful, but I guess that like all of us (except the hackers), you weren't expecting the outage.

0 Kudos

/16

x-shaney-x

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-shaney-x
Accepted Solution

Had a quick go on Black Ops and that's pretty much it.

I'm afraid to say, since PSN came back on I've still being playing Black Ops on Xbox most of the time.

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

SkipHop90

74%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SkipHop90
Accepted Solution

1. How are you enjoying playing online again?
Fine. Not a massive requirement in my gaming anyway, but nice to have.

2. Have you felt like the PSN is running smoother or differently?
No

3. What games have you been playing?
Demon's Souls

4. Are you relieved that your details are now again secure?
Meh. All the details could be found elsewhere freely. The whole thing was blown out of proportion.

5. How have you found the password change? (easy, simple, difficult, etc)
Made more frustrating than it should have been by Hotmail.

6. What did you miss most about PSN while it was down?
Friends list / Chat

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel