02 Sep 2009
By: Darastrix Member 45 Posts
Level 2

Trouble signing in...

8 Replies 1,062 Views Created 02-09-2009

I recently just downloaded the new 3.0 patch and I am having difficulty signing in to the playstation network. The internet is working fine and the ps3 detects 100% of the wireless signal, and the web browser still works fine with a fast connection. However everytime I try to sign into my account and access the store etc it just keeps saying connection timed out. Anyone else having this problem? Is it my connection or the actual playstation network?

~Dara

Listen up, I have something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (1,062 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Trouble signing in...

I can sign in, but it takes longer than it used to since fw 3.0 has come out, for me anyway.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (1,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Darastrix wrote:

I recently just downloaded the new 3.0 patch and I am having difficulty signing in to the playstation network. The internet is working fine and the ps3 detects 100% of the wireless signal, and the web browser still works fine with a fast connection. However everytime I try to sign into my account and access the store etc it just keeps saying connection timed out. Anyone else having this problem? Is it my connection or the actual playstation network?

~Dara

probably just maintanance just try again later or else you could try plugging out your ps3 and broadband and then plugging them back in again.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (1,046 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Yeah ive been having these problems too. Also had a lot of sign outs since fw 3.0 that i never used to get before
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (1,038 Views)
0 Kudos

I have been have trouble too since 3.0 update. My playstation is giving error code 80031606. I have spoken to tech support who don't have a clue on what to do. Have u had any luck yet?

Sony should test before releasing these updates instead of using us to test it for them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (1,009 Views)
0 Kudos

i can sign in fine, but when i try to buy something from...

i can sign in fine, but when i try to buy something from the store or go on home, i get a message saying "you must sign up for the playstation network", anyone know how to sort this?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (989 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

si2winit wrote:

I have been have trouble too since 3.0 update. My playstation is giving error code 80031606. I have spoken to tech support who don't have a clue on what to do. Have u had any luck yet?

Sony should test before releasing these updates instead of using us to test it for them.

A friend of mine is also getting this error on one PS3 but not on the other.

Tried using Open DNS to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

---------------------------

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (918 Views)
0 Kudos

Me too!

Just setup my PS3 Slim.

Had wireless connecting to the internet fine.

Updated to 3.01.

Now I can acces the net (browser etc.), but signing in to the PS network fails with a timeout.

I assume that if you can use the PS3 web browser fine, you should be able to sign in to PSN.

Still no luck.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (675 Views)
0 Kudos

Ok, I've solved my problem. I just had to open up some ports in my router firewall. It would be nice if they documented the ports somewhere obvious - it's a real show stopper if you don't know what they are.

See this link for the ports:

http://faq.anz.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_anz.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_AU&p_faqid=417...*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Games may have different port ranges.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (649 Views)
0 Kudos