PSN General

28 Nov 2011
By: BuckoNZ Member 261 Posts
Level 3

Unable to login to PSN. Error code: 80028E01

17 Replies 52617 Views Created 28-11-2011

All of a suddenly, my PS3 will no longer login to the PSN. I upgraded by router and switch over the weekend, however the PS3 did login after that. However an hour or two later, it stopped logging into PSN successfully.

The Internet connectivity is fine, as I am able to fire up the browser on the PS3 and view pages.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (52,617 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Unable to login to PSN. Error code: 80028E01

Hi there,

If you're presently getting error code: 80028E01 - it would mean that your Internet service is congested or the PS3 does not have enough bandwidth.

Ensure with your ISP that there are no account issues - ie. Internet service has been slowed as a monthly limit has been reached. Also confirm that there are no general services issues with your ISP.

If you're on WiFi, check if there are different results via Ethernet, or check your WiFi SSID & WPA Key. Boost your WiFi signal strength via settings in your modem, or moving the PS3 and modem physically closer.

Let us know how it goes.

You can also call your local support centre for further assistance :smileyhappy:

-sbs

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (52,612 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I initally thought that the data cap thing may have been the cause, especially when I logged into my ISP and noted that I was extremely close to reaching my limit. So I added 5GB to it to ensure that isn't the case.

I then:

1) Powered off my PS3

2) Powered off the switch in the lounge my PS3 is connected too

3) Powered off my ADSL modem

4) Power off the DLInk DSR-250N, whcih is my main router and switch.

After 5 min., I then turned everything back on in reverse order, waiting a good couple of minutes between each device.  Still no joy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (52,573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

When was it possible for the non-thread starter to mark an issue as 'Solved'?1?  Clearly "someone" is trying to improve their customer experience metrics.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (52,570 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Hey again,

No problems with the data usage, it's just good to rule out as much as possible.

I'm assuming here with 2) that you're talking about the power switch?

If you have a router and a modem, purely for the purposes of testing, can you plug the modem directly into the PlayStation via Ethernet? or WiFi if Ethernet is not possible?

And... not sure why that's been chosen as the resolution, it's the initial response suggesting some possible troubleshooting tips at least. Just because this thread has been "resolved" - doesn't mean we'll leave you high and dry.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (52,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hi,

My setup is:

DLink ADSL Modem/Router  >  DLink DSR-250N Gateway (Router/Firewall/Switch/WAP) > Netgear 5 Switch > PS3

Great idea. I will by-pass the DSR-250N and plug the switch the lounge (Netgear) switch directly into the ADSL modem/router.  Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

BuckoNZ

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (52,553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hi,

As recommended, I plugged the Cat.5e cable that connects my office to my lounge, directkly into the LAN port on the ADSL modem/router instead of my new fancy Router/Firewall/Gatway device and the PS3 logeed into the PSN almost immediately.

Therefore, its fair to say I have ruled out:
- Issues with my PSN account (i.e. incorrect password)

- Issues with my internet connection

- Issues with my actual PS3 unit

The focus now has to be on my DLink DSR-250N.  Will let you know how I get on.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (52,546 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

I managed to resolve the issue, by disabling the Intrusion Prevention System on the LAN.  Still does some weird stuff - like my NAS box still takes sometime to be detected - but usable.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (51,955 Views)
1 Kudos

is psn fixing this issue?these problems are on going i might go back to xbox if this dont get fixed
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (43,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

As per Buckos last post he managed to fix the issue with the cause being modem or router settings so the issue is not with PSN.

"Let me guess...Someone stole your sweet role?"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (43,151 Views)
0 Kudos