22 Jul 2010
Playstation Staff

Video Activation

5 Replies 632 Views Created 22-07-2010

Ok...so I went to buy a movie on my ps3, and it said my account was activated to another ps3 for video...and I could not activate it and watch the movie..How would it be activated on another ps3 if I had this ps3 for 2 years and had my account on it since, and the video store just came out on July 1st.....*My first PS3 got the YLOD and they gave me a new one (2 years ago), and I have no access to that PS3 what so ever*. So if there is anyway I can figure this out..can you let me know please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (632 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Video Activation

You'll have to phone customer support.

Only one PS3 activation is allowed for video. I don't know how it thinks you have another PS3 activated.

Playstation Customer Service Number UK:0844 7360595 Eire:0818 365 065
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (616 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just what i needed to know thanks

i think my problems arose from the over complicated

data transfer facility  what a pain in the a**e

console will allow you to add funds before it tells you you cant download film though

sneaky money grabbing programming that is

not fair!!! feel like i have been mugged

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Same happened with me when my old ps3 got ylod. It did take about a week for sony to deactivate the old account, but I'm sure they send an email to say when its done.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

if the ps3 that had ylod was not deactivated then there is your problem u would need to contact support and see if they can somehow get your video activation back for u

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hey hey

Took a phone call for me and it was reset without issue.

I can confirm that we have reset your Video Download Services on your PlayStation Network account. In order to re-download your previously purchased video(s), please navigate to ‘View Downloads’ from the PlayStation Video Store.

I trust that this information is useful. Should you still require assistance I would be grateful if you would contact PlayStation Support on: 0844 736 0595 where a member of our team will be happy to help you further.

Product Level 1: PS3
Category Level 1: PS Store
Category Level 2: PSN Video Store
Category Level 3: Activation/Deactivation Query
Date Created: 25/10/2010 03.01 PM
Last Updated: 26/10/2010 04.00 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (432 Views)
0 Kudos