25 Mar 2009
Playstation Staff

We don't need a new ps3 xmb design!

8 Replies 733 Views Created 25-03-2009

Well, a lot of people think that ps3 needs a new xmb design.

Well, it doesn't. It's really good. Yes, there have been some fantastic concepts. But personally I don't want them.

The only things I'd want is:

• A new psn card.

Yep, that's it. All we need in my opinion.

I'm not talking about features though, just the way everything looks.

Take Xbox's new dashboard, yes, it looks nice. But was there really any need?

If PS3 got a redesign, it wouldn't be as easy to use. The xmb is simple, but it's a fantastic simple.

Features however,  there are a lot of things to talk about. But that's not what this thread is for.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (733 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: We don't need a new ps3 xmb design!

AnthoAsho wrote:

Well, a lot of people think that ps3 needs a new xmb design.

Well, it doesn't. It's really good. Yes, there have been some fantastic concepts. But personally I don't want them.

The only things I'd want is:

• A new psn card.

Yep, that's it. All we need in my opinion.

I'm not talking about features though, just the way everything looks.

Take Xbox's new dashboard, yes, it looks nice. But was there really any need?

If PS3 got a redesign, it wouldn't be as easy to use. The xmb is simple, but it's a fantastic simple.

Features however,  there are a lot of things to talk about. But that's not what this thread is for.

Thoughts?

Apart from the fact that its to slow and it looks like a 9 year old designed it xD

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (730 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm 9 year old :smileyindifferent:

I've designed a lot of things... :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (718 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The XMB looks tacky, and is very slow, and even worse when your in a game.

I think it does need changing, but i dont think we'll see anything different until PS4, im not talking anything like Xbox 360's blade design, just something a bit more easy on the eye.

But thats not really important, they need to sort out the dire loading times on the XMB, especially when comparing trophies.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (704 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

SeLwOoD-X wrote:

The XMB looks tacky, and is very slow, and even worse when your in a game.

I think it does need changing, but i dont think we'll see anything different until PS4, im not talking anything like Xbox 360's blade design, just something a bit more easy on the eye.

But thats not really important, they need to sort out the dire loading times on the XMB, especially when comparing trophies.

Something a bit easy on the eye?! I don't personally think I have seen any operating system with an external design that is easy on the eye like the PS3 OS. It's very comfortable. Furthermore it's so simple, and that's what makes it one awesome of a software, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm happy with the current XMB and I don't want a change, only adding more options and enhance the XMB by sorting out its loading time, as you've mentioned.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (661 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The XMB is a tried, tested, and reliable way of browsing. Sony is easily recognized by it, and they have been using it since the PSX, so its a classic, and its user-modifiable. The only reason why trophy loading takes so long is because it was added LATER. The XMB wasnt originally designed with that system in mind.
-------------------------------------------------------
This is a new account. Im trying to build the friends list back up again, so feel free to add me if you want.
NO PEDO GUARANTEE! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It would be nice if the XMB had a new design, although i don't think we actually need one.
________________________________________________________________________________

Metal Gear Solid = Pure Epicness

You Know What's Also Epic? The
Search Function, Use It.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (597 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

leave the xmb design alone,it's great. more function of course but leave the design alone. why do people think flashy things are better? perhaps it's a youngster's thing . maybe Sony could us a choice .:Evil:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

rmhbolton wrote:
leave the xmb design alone,it's great. more function of course but leave the design alone. why do people think flashy things are better? perhaps it's a youngster's thing . maybe Sony could us a choice .:Evil:

Yes, your right there. Definatly.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (513 Views)
0 Kudos