0 Kudos
Message 21 of 49 (336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Welcome back program disgust between EU and US

Sean_NMP1 wrote:

Yet, nobody still gets the point.

The whole point is that if your giving something away for free to one PSN user, and giving the other more, is rather unaceptable, due to the point you have stated yes, PSN is free. We all have no right over any others to say "I deserve more than X" because we are all the same, nobody has paid more than others.

So why should we get less than others when we've paid the same, and do/did everything the same as the US?

and again, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FREEBIES. I won't even use them anyway. I'm trying to show how this is extremely bad customer service to every owner of a PS3.

Oh, and PSN technically ISN'T free. It comes FREE with a Sony product, that you have to buy. I also think that if they took down PSN forever, I'm sure everyone who has purchased a PS3 would have a right to claim something because then Sony would be selling something that is false - When you bought your PS3, you don't think "hey, PSN might be removed one day, but I'm willing to take the chance" did you?

""I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FREEBIES. I won't even use them anyway"" -  Dont be stupid, they're giving away free games.

All companies have to look after "the money", all companies have to make sure to keep "the money" happy, because all companies know that if you don't keep "the money" happy, then the money will go elsewhere.

America spends more money on PSN than anywhere else, they are "the money", they need to be kept "happy".

If we had a SCEUK, rather than just being bundled in with SCEE, then maybe we'd get even less, as you know its all broke into regions, and support would of course go to the region which financially supports more.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 49 (325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Sean_NMP1 wrote:

Yet, nobody still gets the point.

The whole point is that if your giving something away for free to one PSN user, and giving the other more, is rather unaceptable, due to the point you have stated yes, PSN is free. We all have no right over any others to say "I deserve more than X" because we are all the same, nobody has paid more than others.

So why should we get less than others when we've paid the same, and do/did everything the same as the US?

and again, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FREEBIES. I won't even use them anyway. I'm trying to show how this is extremely bad customer service to every owner of a PS3.

Oh, and PSN technically ISN'T free. It comes FREE with a Sony product, that you have to buy. I also think that if they took down PSN forever, I'm sure everyone who has purchased a PS3 would have a right to claim something because then Sony would be selling something that is false - When you bought your PS3, you don't think "hey, PSN might be removed one day, but I'm willing to take the chance" did you?

Its you who isnt getting the point. SCEE & SCEA are 2 diffirent companies. Both can make independant decisions without the others sayso. The sooner you figure that out sherlock the sooner you'll understand

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 49 (324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

posted on the 17th of May, how many days have passed by that these people/person has had everyones personal info?

on the 5th of May, US users we're already notified and recieved emails to apply for this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 49 (324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I am from the U.S. and Frankyl I jsut wish it could be fair for every one This includes Items like "Play TV"

I am not sure why Sony has went and decided to give somethings to some countries and somethings to other countries. I am not here to whine, snivel, nore complain.

All Iam asking is that we all could be treated equally.

As some of you know that some, Ausdio devices can and do work with the PS3 all be it in a lower state. I see we are able to use USB Audio Headsets as well.

I think What People want in truth is to be treated Fairly. We shouldn't have all this mumbo jumbo that one country gets this device or item while the others Do Not.

I believe that we all should be created equal.
 The only thing Preventing  the "Play TV " app from playing here in the US is Sony's own Coding issues. Sure our signals are different but, hey that is what tunning is for and it can easily be converted in a nice HD NTSC signal.

My heart believes that Sony did this only to create more of a sepperation then unity of its consumers.

Sony is great at creating a devide jsut as they are creating unification.

But I would say its more twords the devide.

I just wish that we could often get what were promissed by Sony. It seems they talk really big and give little in return.

If sony really wants to improve customer base, create it equallity  for all. I do not see why Play TV couldnot whork here in the US as it would in denmark. granted some wareas here are a tad on the hilly side, but many places could readilly use use that Free Air TV.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 49 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oh and were no longer SCEA were SNEA?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 49 (312 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

@Gigglz, so that explains why they get an extra 100 downloads from the PSN store and a weekend of free video service or whatever it is again, how?

I am also not complaining about features that are not avaliable in certain areas. I understand that some things can't be everywhere, so therefor they cannot be given to everyone.

I also understand that certain countries have a choice between different games probably because of policies etc, I am not complaining about that either.

But giving away less to everyone and more to people of the US is unacceptable, when we have as much rights to be as frustrated as they do from this outrage. They did not lose out more than we did, but manage to gain more than we did. Is that fair? No. Do I care about the free stuff? No. Is that bad customer service and shows that they care more about a certain group than another? Yes.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 49 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

curiousecat wrote:

I am from the U.S. and Frankyl I jsut wish it could be fair for every one This includes Items like "Play TV"

I am not sure why Sony has went and decided to give somethings to some countries and somethings to other countries. I am not here to whine, snivel, nore complain.

All Iam asking is that we all could be treated equally.

As some of you know that some, Ausdio devices can and do work with the PS3 all be it in a lower state. I see we are able to use USB Audio Headsets as well.

I think What People want in truth is to be treated Fairly. We shouldn't have all this mumbo jumbo that one country gets this device or item while the others Do Not.

I believe that we all should be created equal.
 The only thing Preventing  the "Play TV " app from playing here in the US is Sony's own Coding issues. Sure our signals are different but, hey that is what tunning is for and it can easily be converted in a nice HD NTSC signal.

My heart believes that Sony did this only to create more of a sepperation then unity of its consumers.

Sony is great at creating a devide jsut as they are creating unification.

But I would say its more twords the devide.

I just wish that we could often get what were promissed by Sony. It seems they talk really big and give little in return.

If sony really wants to improve customer base, create it equallity  for all. I do not see why Play TV couldnot whork here in the US as it would in denmark. granted some wareas here are a tad on the hilly side, but many places could readilly use use that Free Air TV.

I think you'll love xbox 360, its an American made product so you're also supporting your own market and economy, and of course on xbox 360 your options are very clear to you as the limits on the console are to such a degree that your choices are basically ZERO, its the same in all countries, so its all nice and simple for you, you know, No more mumbo jumbo an all that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 49 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Sean_NMP1 wrote:

@Gigglz, so that explains why they get an extra 100 downloads from the PSN store and a weekend of free video service or whatever it is again, how?

Basically yes I'm afraid. The 3 different regions all decide on their own content or in this case free items for the welcome back pack. Its been a long discussed argument, in particular in relation to Playstation Home content.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 49 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GiggIz wrote:

Its you who isnt getting the point. SCEE & SCEA are 2 diffirent companies. Both can make independant decisions without the others sayso. The sooner you figure that out sherlock the sooner you'll understand

As far as I'm aware they are effectively subsiduaries of SCE. They are not seperate companies in the way that Microsoft and Apple are, but more like the way in which now Skype and Microsoft are seperate companies - not at all. The sooner you figure out that the way Sony treats its european customers is crap compared to the US, the sooner you'll understand our annoyance :BigGrin:

----------------------------------------------
How did I get here I am not good with computer
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 49 (284 Views)
0 Kudos