New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Welcome to the Playstation Network Area! We have a great community here at the forums, we will do the best we can to support you in any way possible! Here are the main areas you will find!
- Organised Game Events
- Networking Help
- Tips For Online Gaming
- Getting the best responce
- Information You Should Know
You can find the Archive threads for the Playstation 3 Network here. This includes lots of threads that have been made and are recorded in one area.
Every Month or so, Sony allows organised competitions for users of Online Gaming. These official competitions are usually posted by your community moderators and made as a "sticky" post so they are easily visible.
These Competitions sometimes include prizes exclusive to sony, depending on how well you do in the game! So get practicing! The details of online games (such as time, password etc) will usually be posted in the topic it's self.
The Results and Prizes are usually posted by a mod in the Announcements & Events area, so keep a look out!
Keep an eye out for unofficial events posted by forum users. Depending on the game, they will be password protected and open for all online game users. Because these are unofficial, don’t be expecting prizes just loads of fun games with users from the forum!
Also your forums MVP's (Most Valuable PlayStationers ) will host games as well that you can look out for, these are fully organised but don’t usually contain prizes.
The forum is also a good place to get help with getting your Playstation 3 Online, to date (14th June 2007) there are a few main users who will be able to help you with Networking Troubles:
- Mercenary (Playstation 3 Online Security / Internet Security)
- Raven UK (Router Configuration - Playstation 3 In-game help)
- Alias (Router Configuration - Playstation 3 IP Configuration)
- PoiZon21 (Orange Livebox Help)
- Mulletino (Router Configuration)
- bigdav1 (Console Configuration and Router Configuration)
These are the main users who know their stuff about networking and are there to help. So just drop us a Private Message and we will help you the best we can!
Before you post any questions regarding your network trouble, please make sure you have searched the forum for any questions similar to yours as it may have been already answered!
Below are links to guides that forum members have pre-made, please read them so posts aren’t being repeated.
Unofficial PLAYSTATION®Network Guide
Unofficial Playstation 3 Help Guide
Playstation 3 OnlinePorts and Error Codes
Unofficial Orange Livebox Guide
Media Sharing on PlayStation 3
How to find your DNS Server Addresses
Your Guide To Putting Your PS3 Into a DMZ
How to use the Tech Support Area
One of the main posts we get is regarding the error 80710102 and 0710102. These mean the information you are inputting in your PS3 is wrong so you cannot connect online.
If you are experiencing these errors and have read through threads and cannot solve the problem, you will need to post the IP information in your post. So follow the below, this information will be able to help us so you can get online:
- On your computer that is connect to the internet, click the "Start" Button.
- In the Display window, look for the icon "RUN". Click this and a small box should appear.
- In that box type "cmd" (For XP Users and Vista (cmd without the"")) and "command" (for '98 Users and below (command without the ""))
- The black box that appears, known as the DOS. You will now need to type "ipconfig/all" (without the "")
- Open the box up to full screen > right click > Select All > Ctrl + C (combination on your keyboard).
- Now with your post containing one of the above error codes, paste this information and you will get a better response from the people who are going to help you!
Online games are usually fast paced games, requiring skill. If you feel you need help then just post a thread saying your not to good at the game and users will be willing to help you and maybe give some tips of there own!
If you have experienced at bad time online, because of one of the users on the forum. Please keep 'flaming' out of the forums.
Many threads are created where the information provided it very vague making it hard to give a detailed response. Whatever the question a good, detailed, structured response will always get you a better answer. So keep this in mind when asking questions. Below is a small templates for a question that you may want to post about.
For Network Help try including the following:
- A good detailed, well structured introduction on what your problem/concern is.
- The make and model of your router or modem that you are having problems with.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Your current internet speed
- Your networks IP configuration (If you feel uncomfortable with showing this info don’t be forced to put it).
- The Signal Strength the PS3 is receiving from a wireless network.
- The methods you have already tried. I.E Opening ports on your routers firewall.
- Finish off saying any help would be great full!
Giving this kind of information will ensure you get a good response back, whatever the question be. Above is an example you can use, just make sure you give a detailed response for different kinds of questions.
People on the forum come on for there own free will. If you post a topic and don’t get a reply straight away, wait for a while because people may not have read it yet. Being friendly will help you a lot on the forums, you will get helpful answers if you are helpful and supply the information required by forum users.
Don’t "Bump" topics unless you are adding supplementary information!
Whilst online, don’t give away and of your personal information. The Forum Safety also link closely to online gaming to keep you safe, smart and out of trouble.
Thank you for reading and taking into consideration the above information given. Following this will make sure you are up to scratch with the forums and online gaming. (All of the text and images were produced by myself.)
just got my new ps3 and i dont know how to play ps3 online games could you pls help me thank you
dude if you forgot your password how did you write this post. i mean your passwords for the password network connection is the same password as this forum
Website ©2015 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info