By Oo_Alias_oO

Oo_Alias_oO

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Welcome to the Playstation Network Area!

[ Edited ]
98 Replies 27,538 Views edited 22-02-2010

Welcome to the Playstation Network Area! We have a great community here at the forums, we will do the best we can to support you in any way possible! Here are the main areas you will find!

- Competitions
- Organised Game Events
- Networking Help
- Tips For Online Gaming
- Getting the best responce
- Information You Should Know

You can find the Archive threads for the Playstation 3 Network here. This includes lots of threads that have been made and are recorded in one area.

Every Month or so, Sony allows organised competitions for users of Online Gaming. These official competitions are usually posted by your community moderators and made as a "sticky" post so they are easily visible.

These Competitions sometimes include prizes exclusive to sony, depending on how well you do in the game! So get practicing! The details of online games (such as time, password etc) will usually be posted in the topic it's self.

The Results and Prizes are usually posted by a mod in the Announcements & Events area, so keep a look out!

Keep an eye out for unofficial events posted by forum users. Depending on the game, they will be password protected and open for all online game users. Because these are unofficial, don’t be expecting prizes just loads of fun games with users from the forum!

Also your forums MVP's (Most Valuable PlayStationers ) will host games as well that you can look out for, these are fully organised but don’t usually contain prizes.

The forum is also a good place to get help with getting your Playstation 3 Online, to date (14th June 2007) there are a few main users who will be able to help you with Networking Troubles:

- Mercenary (Playstation 3 Online Security / Internet Security)
- Raven UK (Router Configuration - Playstation 3 In-game help)
- Alias (Router Configuration - Playstation 3 IP Configuration)
- PoiZon21 (Orange Livebox Help)
- Mulletino (Router Configuration)
- bigdav1 (Console Configuration and Router Configuration)

These are the main users who know their stuff about networking and are there to help. So just drop us a Private Message and we will help you the best we can!

Before you post any questions regarding your network trouble, please make sure you have searched the forum for any questions similar to yours as it may have been already answered!

Below are links to guides that forum members have pre-made, please read them so posts aren’t being repeated.

Unofficial PLAYSTATION®Network Guide
Unofficial Playstation 3 Help Guide
Playstation 3 OnlinePorts and Error Codes
Unofficial Orange Livebox Guide
Media Sharing on PlayStation 3
How to find your DNS Server Addresses
Your Guide To Putting Your PS3 Into a DMZ
How to use the Tech Support Area

The Unofficial Headset Guide

Unofficial DNS Error Fix (80710102)

One of the main posts we get is regarding the error 80710102 and 0710102. These mean the information you are inputting in your PS3 is wrong so you cannot connect online.

If you are experiencing these errors and have read through threads and cannot solve the problem, you will need to post the IP information in your post. So follow the below, this information will be able to help us so you can get online:

- On your computer that is connect to the internet, click the "Start" Button.
- In the Display window, look for the icon "RUN". Click this and a small box should appear.
- In that box type "cmd" (For XP Users and Vista (cmd without the"")) and "command" (for '98 Users and below (command without the ""))
- The black box that appears, known as the DOS. You will now need to type "ipconfig/all" (without the "")
- Open the box up to full screen > right click > Select All > Ctrl + C (combination on your keyboard).
- Now with your post containing one of the above error codes, paste this information and you will get a better response from the people who are going to help you!

Online games are usually fast paced games, requiring skill. If you feel you need help then just post a thread saying your not to good at the game and users will be willing to help you and maybe give some tips of there own!

If you have experienced at bad time online, because of one of the users on the forum. Please keep 'flaming' out of the forums.

Many threads are created where the information provided it very vague making it hard to give a detailed response. Whatever the question a good, detailed, structured response will always get you a better answer. So keep this in mind when asking questions. Below is a small templates for a question that you may want to post about.

For Network Help try including the following:

- A good detailed, well structured introduction on what your problem/concern is.
- The make and model of your router or modem that you are having problems with.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Your current internet speed
- Your networks IP configuration (If you feel uncomfortable with showing this info don’t be forced to put it).
- The Signal Strength the PS3 is receiving from a wireless network.
- The methods you have already tried. I.E Opening ports on your routers firewall.
- Finish off saying any help would be great full!

Giving this kind of information will ensure you get a good response back, whatever the question be. Above is an example you can use, just make sure you give a detailed response for different kinds of questions.

People on the forum come on for there own free will. If you post a topic and don’t get a reply straight away, wait for a while because people may not have read it yet. Being friendly will help you a lot on the forums, you will get helpful answers if you are helpful and supply the information required by forum users.

Don’t "Bump" topics unless you are adding supplementary information!

Whilst online, don’t give away and of your personal information. The Forum Safety also link closely to online gaming to keep you safe, smart and out of trouble.

Thank you for reading and taking into consideration the above information given. Following this will make sure you are up to scratch with the forums and online gaming. (All of the text and images were produced by myself.)

Thanks, Alias.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

[frowner391]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[frowner391]
Accepted Solution
Can any one help me,ive got my ps3 connected to a Belkin G+ Mimo router by cable, my laptop is connected wirelesly. I have no problems with my laptop while using the net but i have big problems while playing online games on the ps3,being signed out and lag issues etc. Ive read on some of the forums that there are issues with the Belkin routers so ive now disconnected my router and put the ethernet cable straight into my Virgin cable modem, the problems now seem to have been resolved, i can now play Cod4,Warhawk etc without any probs. Can any one suggest the best router to buy?
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Playstation Network Area!

/16

[bigtoe]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[bigtoe]
Accepted Solution
hi i got a master account and i want to change the display name but i dont know how to... can any1 help me? or if u know how to delete the account tell me please..
0 Kudos

/16

[aaleric]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[aaleric]
Accepted Solution
hey guys anyone know how to get on to the PS3 network ive set up an account online but it didnt recognise i set up one on the PS3 it said that i was too young i needed a parent or gardian to make a parent account or something and agree anyone know what that is
0 Kudos

/16

bigdav

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bigdav
Accepted Solution
hey guys anyone know how to get on to the PS3 network ive set up an account online but it didnt recognise i set up one on the PS3 it said that i was too young i needed a parent or gardian to make a parent account or something and agree anyone know what that is You have to be 18 to have a "master" account to play online with etc. Just make sure that when you sign up for an account, your birthdate makes you 18 or over. You can't change your DoB on the account you've already made though, so will have to make a new one.
0 Kudos

/16

[aaleric]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[aaleric]
Accepted Solution
thanks for your help !thank you
0 Kudos

/16

[Tepsu]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Tepsu]
Accepted Solution
I have forgot pasword on my online profile! Where i should ask some help? Thanks.
0 Kudos

/16

[OBS-PS3]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[OBS-PS3]
Accepted Solution
Hi!
Good post Alias!

I'm new here, but i wont to ask about something:

DO anyone know if there is posible to re-enter my age on my PSN account?
If; Then how?
I think i registered a wrong age!
It would be nice if someone could answer:)
0 Kudos

Sv: Welcome to the Playstation Network Area!

/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigBlakRoBaKaBBR
Accepted Solution
OBS PS3!!!! da only way you can do dat is in account management wen u sign in and go 2 edit your information but i dont actually think u can change it cos i tried changin my online name

Hey Ne1 Help me out with the error code 8002AD23 wen im online i keep gettin signed out 4 sum reason ne ideas y? its such a farse now that i eventually got my online working now i keep getting signed out ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
contact me with ne ideas at
rob_da_man@hotmail.com

thanks
0 Kudos

/16

Leonardo14

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Leonardo14
Accepted Solution

ever since the latest update my psn has been lagging ridiculously bad, including everything to showing icons to downloading. Last night i tried to download the metal gear online beta, but gave up after an hour because it had only progressed 5%. Anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

vtdave

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
vtdave
Accepted Solution

How do I get my PS3 to communicate with my PC & LAPTOP so that I can stream media from the PC  and / or copy files from the PC over to the PS3?

I have tried to add a device via. Windows Wireless network wizard (this involves putting a flash drive into the PC, then plugging it into the PS3 and back into the PC. (This is how I added my Laptop to the network and it worked fine). When I do the same with the PS3, the PS3 doesn't seem to copy / paste any data onto the flash drive and when I plug it back into the PC the PC only adds itself back onto the network.

On the PS3 I've also tried searching for media servers through my wirelss network but to no avail. Any tips? 

FYI: I have a wireless home network run through a PIPEX router, my PS3, Laptop and Tower PC all connect to the web and McAfee is not firewalling any devices.

All help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos

WINDOWS WONT ADD MY PS3 AS A DEVICE TO MY NETWORK, ANY TIPS?

/16

drh1210

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
drh1210
Accepted Solution
see reply to your other (same) post...
0 Kudos

Re: WINDOWS WONT ADD MY PS3 AS A DEVICE TO MY NETWORK, ANY TIPS?

/16

cali_101

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cali_101
Accepted Solution
hi, whenever i try to buy a game, i have an error that is: 80023102. i can not add any funds either as it says something like :could not add funds. ihave the funds in my account. help!!!
0 Kudos

/16

guybrush3_16

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guybrush3_16
Accepted Solution
Does anybody know when there will be some better old PS1 games to download like Resident Evil or Silent Hill or Metal Gear Solid or Original GTA games.. Playing these on PS3 and PSP will be cool.
0 Kudos

/16

gavsp

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gavsp
Accepted Solution
My PS3 is currently running on a 2.4GHz (network, b,g) I want to change it to a 5GHz(network, a,n) can anyone tell me if this is possible?

I use to have a really good signal but recently the signal has been going down because of interference. I’ve tried changing the channel on many occasions and his has not resolved the problem my router is correctly set up properly and I know for a fact the it not my ISP I’ve all ready tested my internet connation to my surprise its running at 9.8Mbit

Any advice appreciated.        
0 Kudos

/16

gavsp

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gavsp
Accepted Solution

Can anyone help me?

gavsp wrote:
My PS3 is currently running on a 2.4GHz (network, b,g) I want to change it to a 5GHz(network, a,n) can anyone tell me if this is possible?

I use to have a really good signal but recently the signal has been going down because of interference. I’ve tried changing the channel on many occasions and his has not resolved the problem my router is correctly set up properly and I know for a fact the it not my ISP I’ve all ready tested my internet connation to my surprise its running at 9.8Mbit

Any advice appreciated.        

0 Kudos

/16

Zon_Uzi

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zon_Uzi
Accepted Solution

I have been downloading and updating through PSN and i have a 8 mg broadband connection but it takes so long for downloads and updates !! took 2 hours to DL F1 demo.

Is this normal?

0 Kudos

/16

YoungStarJJ

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YoungStarJJ
Accepted Solution
add me on ps3 YoungStarJJ
0 Kudos

/16

jonathon2008

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jonathon2008
Accepted Solution

Hi my ps3 recently broke down on me so I got a new one from sonny but when I when to sign in with my Emil address and password it would not let me so I had to make a new One. so I did but when I sing in on the pc web site with the same email address and password it goes back to my old account can someone help me please

0 Kudos

/16

HoneyBee20

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoneyBee20
Accepted Solution
You will need to phone Sony, they will ask you questions.
0 Kudos

I'm now on Xbox, so goodbye everyone :)
/16

DJDestruction

91%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DJDestruction
Accepted Solution

please sony add in game and cross game private chat thats accessible in game to set up invite n join pls pls pls

0 Kudos

Is It Me Or Is This Thread Full Of Negative PSN Users???
/16

GT4genius

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT4genius
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know when or if the Europe store is going to get movie downloads? I heard 2009 in a speech given at a games exhibition in August but would like to have something else to go on. This would be a great feature that I'm really looking forward too, it'd definitly get the rest of my family interested in the PlayStation.

I hope this is the right place to post this, didnt think it deserved a new thread. 

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel