18 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Wrong funds in PSN wallet

13 Replies 1,106 Views Created 18-03-2012
Hello there.
I searched around and found nothing, so here goes.

My brother once borrowed my credit card to buy a game to his PS3. Without our knowledge, it saved my credit card as his paying method, and now he accidentally added a whole lot of funds to his wallet from my credit card :smileysad: So if he log onto my PS3 with his PSN user, will he be able to buy games to my PS3, for use with my own account? Or better yet, can the money be transferred back to my bank account?

Reallyhope someone can help me.
Thank you

-Mark :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Wrong funds in PSN wallet

Unfortunately no refunds for something like that.

Best thing to do, remove your card details and make sure your brother pays you back the money.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,102 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the quick reply.
So he can't even spend the money on my PS3 so that I get the games to my PS3?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,095 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

As far as I'm aware, games that are downloaded onto that console can be used with any account on there.

When it comes to refunds though you will have trouble getting your money back. It says that all transactions are non-refundable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,091 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

He already spent a lot of the funds on games, but there are still a fairly large amount left in his wallet, so we made that agreement that if he buy games for my PS3 for the last funds, then he won't have to pay the rest of them back. So if he could just come over to my house and log onto my system with his account and spend the funds, would that be possible?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,080 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Just get him to pay you back,

Remove your card from the system

By prepaid cards.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,067 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

He paid me back for the games he downloaded, but we made the agreement that he doesn't have to pay the remaining funds in the wallet back to me, if he can just buy stuff for MY PS3 for the funds, but my question is, is that possible? Like spend the funds via my PS3?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,063 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

biccard89 wrote:

He paid me back for the games he downloaded, but we made the agreement that he doesn't have to pay the remaining funds in the wallet back to me, if he can just buy stuff for MY PS3 for the funds, but my question is, is that possible? Like spend the funds via my PS3?

If the funds are in a different wallet from your user it will not work. In theory if you have the same console and buy content on another account it may work on the other account (however this can't be guarenteed as the content is not designed to do so).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,030 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

You could remove your card details or try this:

k if your bro knows your password make sure u change it first before doing this

(PSN/account management/account information/password) then just type in your current password to access the password changer

you can set it to ask for the password before buying any thing with money and here how u do it:

PSN/account management/transition management/require password at checkout then enter your current password

then turn it on but plz note: this setting is valid for your master account only if you bro got the games through your master account?

Hope this has helped :smileyhappy:

try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,015 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So the funds in a wallet are limited to the PS3 from which they were added? Doesn't quite make sense to me. They cannot be spent on other PS3 systems if you just log onto them with the account that has the funds in its wallet? That's basically my question :smileyhappy: Because there are some games I'd like to buy for the funds.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,001 Views)
0 Kudos