Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: can you use one psn id over two ps3 consoles?

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

I have rang them 7 times in the past 4 weeks each time it has been a no no! and spent ages on the phone and it is not cheap

So IF you can sony need to let not only the MODS know but the other SONY EMPLOYESES that man the phones!

As this is a JOKE I tell you! Just like the reduced activations!

Well you know what i placed on here is factual. If ANYONE tells you different then they are telling you something different than what Sony and i knew all along. I know ( 100% ) that Sony have looked at this thread and confirmed to me that i'm correct in what i posted.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 65 (6,370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

It's always interesting to see two people arguing a point back and forth without actually providing any evidence one way or the other.

Nah, not really. :smileytongue:

In a court of law, it would come down to the Terms and Conditions that you have to agree to in order to keep using the PlayStation Network. Section 8, in particular, which hasn't changed much in many many months...

8. YOUR RIGHTS TO SERVICES

All Services provided through Sony Online Network, are licensed non-exclusively to you solely for your personal, private, non-commercial use subject to these Conditions and any relevant Additional Conditions. The Services may be used only on a limited number of activated Sony Systems associated with your Sony Online Network account, as specified in the Service description, these Conditions or any relevant Additional Conditions.

All intellectual property rights in Sony Online Network and the Services belong to us and/or our licensors. All use of or access to Sony Online Network and the Services is subject to these Conditions, any relevant Additional Conditions and all applicable laws.

Unless expressly authorised by us, you must not:

1. share, sell, transfer, rent or sublicense any Service or part of any Service to anyone else; or

[blah blah blah]

Or, to put it briefly, you can activate multiple systems for your own personal use only.

Just be thankful that you'd have to be seriously abusing things for it ever to come down to a close examination of the legal documentation.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 65 (6,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Personal use example could = My kids, or friends, and other family ( or whom i choose ) can make an account on any of my active consoles at home and use my personal PSN DLC. This has been confirmed by Sony. And has been confirmed that this is NOT classed as game sharing. 

I can be signed in on two consoles at the same time using my profile. But only one profile can be gaming online at any time. ( one can play offline using my profile ( say fifa ) while i'll use my profile online ( say BF3 ) this has been confirmed by Sony also.

Sony has read this thread and said ( again ) what i wrote in the 1st place was 100% correct.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 65 (6,349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

Personal use example could = My kids, or friends, and other family ( or whom i choose ) can make an account on any of my active consoles at home and use my personal PSN DLC. This has been confirmed by Sony. And has been confirmed that this is NOT classed as game sharing.

Thanks for clarifying. This is all fine. The problem starts when you activate somebody else's machine with your account.

I think we'd all like to know how you got 'Sony' to read this thread over and over again and agree with you. That's the real mystery here. You're not Kaz Hirai's wife are you?

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 65 (6,340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

QuietlyWrong wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. This is all fine. The problem starts when you activate somebody else's machine with your account.

I think we'd all like to know how you got 'Sony' to read this thread over and over again and agree with you. That's the real mystery here. You're not Kaz Hirai's wife are you?

:Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 65 (6,315 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am not sure if this has already been covered but I have two PS3's and looking at buying a vita. Am I able to download, say, a ps2 classic onto both console AND my Vita or would this be stopped as per the new 2 console activation rule?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 65 (6,300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

We wait to see how Vitas will be handled. They'll probably be categorised in the same way as PSPs (seeing as they play native PSP games, apparently) so will probably come out of your 2-PSPs-allowance.

That said I'd be surprised if PS2 classics use the same exceutable on PS3 and PSV - I've been assuming that (for the likes of Motorstorm RC, Final Fantasy X, etc) you would have one file for one system and another one for the other.  Motorstorm RC has been announced with a deal whereby you buy it once and get to play it on both systems. I haven't heard anything of the sort for PS2 classics...

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 65 (6,296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

To be honest i would say wait unti Vitas are released. But there is talks of this taking place.

2xPS3 / 2xPSP / 2xVita.

That would be the best solution as a Vita is different to PSP/PS3?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 65 (6,273 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ok if i have two houses and two ps3

can i have the same psn id on both and share trophies and ranks etc.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 65 (4,735 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

has Sony changed this?

i have our family ps3 and have my account on that working fine.

i have since got a ps3 for my son for his room and i get "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address).

the other ps3 isnt on and i do have an internet connection and yes the email and password are correct

please help

edit: i created a new used and can now login, now to somehow delete or edit the exisisting one

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 65 (3,930 Views)
0 Kudos