By hambouga

hambouga

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

cannot connect to playstation network =(! error: 80710B23!!!

0 Replies 397 Views Created 03-03-2009
Hi, before i start.. let me tell you about my networking specifications.

Connection : Internet: ADSL Dial up MODEM , 512 kbit connection (download rate around 60kb/s) . Note : this is not a router.  and i input my username and password for connecting to the net.

-PS3 to Pc : by LAN cable ofcourse, i share the the internet with the ps3 by connecting it to the pc and make an option to enable sharing.(that doesnt matter for now)
PC: windows xp service pack 3

I used to have no problems at all with UPnp connection and  playing online.... just had a little problem before with disconnections , till i figured out from forums that disabling upnp will do something.. and it worked. so right now i got media sharing disabled and.. media sharing in windows media player disabled. I connect with the DNS which is from opendns.com. But now.. these days.. am having a new problem... which is not DNS related. I can connect to the internet successfully on my ps3 but not the playstation network.. i think that happened when i did some playing with the mtu in pc. ( and i dun even know wth is an mtu) .  please... any solutions? i havent played metal gear online for soo long! thank you.

extra information:

i live in the UAE and my network settings on ps3 are : ip address automatic, MTU automatic,DNS server (the one from open dns.com) , upnp disabled, wired connection and..no dhcp hostname...wat else?
OH AND iam 100% sure this doesnt have to do anything with my firewall! i use kaspersky firewall and not windows firewall... 
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel