21 Nov 2009
Playstation Staff

cannot sign into the playstation network

8 Replies 22,971 Views Created 21-11-2009
hi all

Can you help?

for the past 4 or 5 days I havent been able to sign into the PSN. I can connect to the internet with the browser and use iplayer.

When I run a test I get an IP address and its successfull in connecting to the internet but when its testing the connection to the PSN it just times out. It does it with both profiles I have on the console

its not the password because i can sign in here and also on my trophy iphone app

Wii
Iphone 3GS
Sony Bravia 40w2000, Onkyo 607, Mission M33i floor standing speakers for front. Q Acoustic 1010i centre and rears, Q Acoustic 1000 Sub
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (22,971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: cannot sign into the playstation network

if your signal is less then 30% then you will be unlikely to get on psn.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (22,942 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

its at 100% all the correct ports are open. Sony reckon its my isp but i tested it at my cousins last night and it was still the same

Wii
Iphone 3GS
Sony Bravia 40w2000, Onkyo 607, Mission M33i floor standing speakers for front. Q Acoustic 1010i centre and rears, Q Acoustic 1000 Sub
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (22,896 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Try re-booting your router.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (22,899 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

how did u fix your problem. i am having the exact same one now. psn just wont work and it doesnt work on my psp either

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (22,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (22,597 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

been having problems since last Saturday myself . Like the others I can also browse the net etc . Its almost as if Virgin are blocking from using the PSN . These threads are popping up everywhere and nobody has an answer . To clarify it does work sometimes .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (22,572 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I had the same problem for the last few days when I changed my router. I solved all the ASUS router problems but still couldn't log in.  Well in the end I just replaced my router to my old Netgear and it works perfectly again. I guess there was a problem with my router . thnx

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (21,196 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It's happened to me too, I have been unable to sign in, or put new internet settings in. I've been offline only on my PS3 for months, and I'm getting furious at this, either something's wrong with my PS3 or PSN is still down...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (5,823 Views)
0 Kudos