Level 1

Re: pay for psn ?

SeeThru56 wrote:
i was just wondering if anyone would actually pay like xbox live . to make the online better . so would you guys do that . let me know your thoughts on it .
why would you pay to play online you already to pay for internet service.. An whose says it would be better to pay for it.. will probably see 2 more threads about this next week....
bill_clinton_
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 57 (488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Bill_Clinton_ wrote:

SeeThru56 wrote:
i was just wondering if anyone would actually pay like xbox live . to make the online better . so would you guys do that . let me know your thoughts on it .
why would you pay to play online you already to pay for internet service.. An whose says it would be better to pay for it.. will probably see 2 more threads about this next week....

thats why xbox has a better online service.u get what u pay for.sony can give us a poor service as we dont pay for it so its a case of dont like it tuff ....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 57 (486 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Bill_Clinton_ wrote: 
why would you pay to play online you already to pay for internet service.
Well you don't pay Sony for your internet service, and there are certainly costs associated with providing the dedicated servers and network for the PSN. There is little doubt that making it a separate revenue stream for Sony would mean it getting greater attention and resources devoted to it. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 57 (479 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

What I don't understand is why people would pay for it to be improved when sony does it for free.

The only leverage that a customer has is if Xbox fail to uphold substaintially there half of the contract. They uphold their part by allowing you to play online for the majority of your subscription. The improvements are made not because they are obliged but because they have chosen to do so. Which would also be the same if sony charged for the service. So what point is trying to be made in relation to the customers having more leverage?

In 2007 you could not check your friends list while in a game in 2008 this was adjusted for free and I am sure this could be classified as an improvement. In fact the whole PSN has been revamped and improved from the old PS2 online service which was in fact a lot worse than it is now.

I have no problems with playing games online with my PS3 I can access the store when I need to. Anything else that is required I am sure sony would provide for anyway as they have done in the past. Sony have developed the PS3 to be updated and that is why the extras that you B*£ch about were not there at the launch. it is unlikely that sony would have viewed these as important enough to put on the first firmware and I don't think that any amount of money you could have thrown at sony then would have changed that fact. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 57 (468 Views)
0 Kudos

its hilarious that you mention "paying extra". I dont recall xbox live putting u in a cute little mall with an avatar and asking you to pay money for to change its sweater. 2 dollars for a sweater, 1 dollar for clothing, 5 dollars for a house. Psn is making money too...just in different ways.

I think if we payed for PSN, it would be 100 times better. Right now the network sucks, its unstable and could use a HUGE HUGE OVERHAUL. I wish people would stop worrying about saving a few bucks and consider how much more fun it would be if your network didnt go down in the middle of a crazy game of call of duty 4. I have both systems so i can compare them to you all...xbox live is stable and crisp...your connection is constant and multiplayer is sweet. 4 bars all the time. I turn my xbox off and turn my playstation on...and will have to play cod4 with 1 bar...constant lag....plain annoying. Im sorry but id pay money to have a great time and sony needs to consider upgrading. otherwise ill be playing my xbox alot more as i have already been doing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 57 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I would pay for it no problem - but not as it stands now. I'd want a good few features integrating first that have become second nature on Live, and in the longer term I'd hope to see an overall make-over of the dash so PSN and the community was more intgrated in to the whole playstation experience. That's if they were charging for it.

I can't see them charging though I think they've taken the opposing stand to microsoft's business model so we're stuck with it IMO. Maybe they'll do something next gen?

Message Edited by RocKtheCasbaH72 on 05-01-2009 11:01 AM

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 57 (441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

RocKtheCasbaH72 wrote:

I can't see them charging though I think they've taken the opposing stand to microsoft's business model so we're stuck with it IMO. Maybe they'll do something next gen?

There is no reason they couldn't keep the existing free service and launch an enhanced subscription service in parallel with it. I agree that they couldn't abandon the free service without losing a lot of customers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 57 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

compared to live, psn suck . but then its free . after buying an xbox recently and paying for the service it really does wipe the floor over psn . voice chat works well and is clear . cross game talk works well and its clear . invites . even the little things like being told not just what game your friend is playing but also what in the game they actually doing eg story mode , online match , searching for online match . it makes it a million times easier to know when to invite or join
Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 57 (432 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

like ISP's, local services, etc... paying for something dosnt make it any better... I'd want proof I was getting (or gonna get) a better service before I'd pay SCEE for it... (a trial period for example)

Message Edited by ZOMB13-R4NG3R on 05-01-2009 11:43 AM

All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 57 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
RB5
Level 3

Why pay for PSN?  its a free services that allows you to game online.  Dont get me wrong would like to see more demo's and maybe more downladable content and exclusive material, but pay to game is madness.

Xbox live is good but far from perfect, ok there is alot of content, but most of it is rubbish, just on there because they charge.  and also, as i understand, all sub accounts on the individual xbox have to pay for the privilage to get online and game.  For me that would mean £120 per year.

So no PSN is great its free!!!  Ok we miss out on the content that the USA gets, but paying for it will not solve that, ur kidding ur self if you think it will.

For me good free service wins over paid for (and lets be honest, EXPENSIVE), and not perfect service.  The xbox live gold does not deliver for me.  for £40 i want the world and the moon, it does give half the world but not enough for me.

Someone please tell me what true benifits paid subscription to game online would provide??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 57 (430 Views)
0 Kudos