21 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

someone please help me

7 Replies 87 Views Created 21-02-2012

I've been on the phone bacwards and forwards with both BT and Sony since about 1 oclock this afternoon.

to cut a long story short sony have said the only thing I can do i put my ps3 in a DMZ. spoke to BT who have helped me do this but they will not give me my DMZ address. Sony have asked me for the DMZ address so the can help get my PS3 in a DMZ but BT are refusing saying that it is not static and it changes ect ect.

I need to know which other way I can get this DMZ address that sony need and BT will not give.

I'm using a homehub 3 btw, (black router)

If anyone can help me i would be so thankfull

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (87 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: someone please help me

SPURS_R_BOB wrote:

I've been on the phone bacwards and forwards with both BT and Sony since about 1 oclock this afternoon.

to cut a long story short sony have said the only thing I can do i put my ps3 in a DMZ. spoke to BT who have helped me do this but they will not give me my DMZ address. Sony have asked me for the DMZ address so the can help get my PS3 in a DMZ but BT are refusing saying that it is not static and it changes ect ect.

I need to know which other way I can get this DMZ address that sony need and BT will not give.

I'm using a homehub 3 btw, (black router)

If anyone can help me i would be so thankfull

Dmz is not an addres it is an area within your router that allows you to put hardware like ps3s, 360, & computer outside the router firewall.

I'm not sure if bt homehubs allow you to put hardware into Dmz.

Have you tried google to see if it is posssible & searching google is less time consuming than ring up & being given the run around.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (86 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i've tried googling just about everything I can think of, in fact i tried that first before deciding to ring.

I'm at my wits end

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

It's highly possible that BT routers don't allow dmz then.

I'm with O2 & didn't like the router they supplied me so got my own router which seems to runalot quicker & smoother than the one they gave me.

I'm not sure whether you can use a different router with BT either if you can that might be your only choice.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (79 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

You need to log in to your router's home page on your PC and have a look if it supports DMZ.

If it does there's a sticky thread on here that tells you how to do it all.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (79 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

in my router settings it says "DMZ enable" yes or no - so i click yes

then it says Device IP address assigned to DMZ: so i select ps3 from the drop down box and click apply.

when doing a network test on my ps3 it still keeps saying "playstation network failed"

when i tell this to sony they keep saying i need the router address and DMZ address. the router address i have but the dmz address BT can not give me

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (76 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

thanks for both of you trying to help btw

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

You need to give your PS3 a static IP address otherwise it changes every time you log in.

Follow the instructions on the link below.

Putting PS3 into DMZ

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (70 Views)