06 Jul 2011
By ab82

Playstation Staff

Anybody get this message yesterday?

73 Replies 29,153 Views Created 06-07-2011

Message is from ViliusLTU and says

Dear PSN users,this is board executive Marlon Young. Due to all spamming, we at psn are giving out another welcome back package that includes all call of duty games, including Black ops, plus a free year of playstation plus. Send this to all of your friends, then go to store and check your download list. Not only Black ops, but $120 will be in your account.

way of spam message on psn? this send me yesterday from a non friend user and yesterday i wasnt online...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 74 (29,153 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Anybody get this message yesterday?

Yes I have had so has my son, It is spam and the person who sent it was reported and removed from our friends list.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 74 (29,147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Yes I have had so has my son, It is spam and the person who sent it was reported and removed from our friends list.

i did the same with binning the msg and the person who sent me it, but couldnt grief report it which was odd...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 74 (29,085 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I did to and I dont know if its spam because it said another welcome back keywords another welcome back we were never gone a second time?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 74 (28,979 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

ab82 wrote:

Message is from ViliusLTU and says

Dear PSN users,this is board executive Marlon Young. Due to all spamming, we at psn are giving out another welcome back package that includes all call of duty games, including Black ops, plus a free year of playstation plus. Send this to all of your friends, then go to store and check your download list. Not only Black ops, but $120 will be in your account.

way of spam message on psn? this send me yesterday from a non friend user and yesterday i wasnt online...

I received one of these messages as well, it's spam, when this was sent to me, the terrible spelling gave it away as a spam message.., but on the bright side, the senders are claiming to be a Sony board executive, so we can grief report the senders for impersonating an SCE official. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 74 (28,959 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yes ive had a few of these the people who send them should be banned

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 74 (28,849 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

just fired up the ps3 and received a message from someone claiming to be jeff couzan a sony executive and it says that if i forward the message on to 25 other people i will get $50 to use in the store lol

The full message is below and yes ive included all the fantastic spelling mistakes this idiot made lol

Hello, this is jeff couzan from Sony Entertainment Company i'm sending this message out to all the Playststion Network users. If you send this message to 25 people you will be granted 50 dollars in Playststion store. Check your wallet after you send this to 25 people, and your money will be there. And so you know this is not another one of those spams. This is tracked by Sony Entertainment Company.Send this to all your friends to recieve the NEW ESCALATION MAP PACK!! including an all new ZOMBIE exper

gonna greif report it and PM a mod with the users name and the content of the message

what really annoyed me about the message was that it was about Call of Duty and i hate that game with a passion lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 74 (28,814 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I have actually gotten this message twice once from skyboy40 and again from stegrat.i looked up  marlon young,nothing to do with Sony. Besides Sony would not use a chain letter.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 74 (28,444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Are people really stupid enough to think for even a second that these messages may be genuine?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 74 (28,402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

CheeseMonkey__ wrote:

Are people really stupid enough to think for even a second that these messages may be genuine?

You would be surprised! It seems that common sense has gone out the window in the last 10 years.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 74 (28,358 Views)
0 Kudos