24 May 2012
By: mayhem_bro Member 5 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is showing Buy Now button even after purchasing in PSN Store

8 Replies 163 Views Created 24-05-2012

I had purchased Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on 1st, December 2011, from the Assassin's Creed section under Popular Titles in PSN Store. Everything was fine, as i purchased the game and have downloaded and played it a number of times. But after few weeks of my purchase i decided to rate the game but the game was no longer to be seen under the Assassin's Creed section. Now after a month or two, the game has again come back to the store but now it shows the buy now button instead of download, as if i never purchased this game. I can't rate the game and i even fear i delete the game from my ps3 i wont be able to download it again. The game should be showing as purchased. I have attached a few screenshots to show what i am experiencing. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is showing Buy Now button even after purchasing in PSN Store

If I'm understanding right, you can still download from the download list. This is likely to be caused by Ubisoft removing the game from the store then reuploading it. You have access to the original as you paid for it, but the new one is listed as though it's a different game.

It's the same game though so don't repurchase! It's probably something like they didn't pay their fees in time etc.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is showing Buy Now button even after purchasing in PSN Store

Thanks for the reply strangeplaice

I don't know if i can download it again as i have the game on my ps3 for now and I haven't tried downloading it again. If what you are saying is right then maybe the download link might give an error as my version of the game is not present on the psn store. I will come to know about it only when i delete the current game and try to download it again. I don't want to risk that now.

This is something that should be set right by both psn store and ubisoft. As I must not be the only one experiencing this problem. Hope that it is resolved soon.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

If you already have the game you can still download it again to check :smileywink: It won't overwrite until it's installed/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks, I will give it a try but for now i cant access the download list from my account as the psn is undergoing maintenance. I will post again when i can access my account.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Sure :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

mayhem_bro wrote:
Thanks, I will give it a try but for now i cant access the download list from my account as the psn is undergoing maintenance. I will post again when i can access my account.

Hi mayhem,

Strange is right, its best to go to your download list and redownload it from here when the maintenance is finished.

Technically there are actually two icons on the store for Assassins Creed Brotherhood, one edition was a special edition for certain users and the other was different. Therefore to avoid being charged for another copy (which is the same game) you should be able to redownload from the download list.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

The PSN is still under maintenance.

This HDD next to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood troubles me. Its not in any of my other games. Its got me thinking that this game is only on my hard disk drive and not on PSN. Could you shed more light on this, as to what it means. Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I gave it a try once the PSN was up and sure enough I can download the game again. That's a relief. Thanks Strange. :smileyhappy:

Surely would like to rate the game I purchased when ubisoft and PSN fixes this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Kudos