20 Nov 2013

Playstation Staff

Can't sign into PSN. (Incorrect login details)

[ Edited ]
218 Replies 9,585 Views edited 20-11-2013

So I've been trying for a good hour or so to try and login on my devices (ps3, vita, phone app), and they're all saying my login is incorrect. I'm using my other account to post this btw.

My initial reaction was I've been hacked and someone's changed the details, but if the details were changed would I not have received an e-mail saying so? So then I thought maybe I've been banned but I've neither done anything that is a bannable offense nor is it saying the account is banned when I try to sign in.

I only signed into my ps3 and phone app less than 24 hours ago (and they were connected to my wifi which is secure), do I have no other choice but to call sony support later in the day? I'm assuming no one will answer at this time.

Anxiously waiting a reply.

edit: I can sign into this account fine on my ps3, and I can see no one's logged into my account since I last used it, so I'm not thinking anyone's hacked it. I'm really hoping it's just the network playing up because of the launch of the ps4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 219 (9,585 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Can't sign into PSN. (Incorrect login details)

I can log in fine now, I did have to reset the password but it's odd that it was saying the password was incorrect in the first place since I have auto-sign in enabled on the ps3. :s Feel like I was getting anxious over nothing now xD
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 219 (9,568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Exactly the same problem this morning.  Couldn't sign-in using PS3 or Vita, now fine after a password reset but I know for sure it was correct. Very odd.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 219 (9,555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

OP here, back on my actual account. Relieved it wasn't just me who had this happen to lol.
k photo kz2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 219 (9,543 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Happened to me also
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 219 (9,536 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same here. Strange.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 219 (9,512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

This is very odd. You haven't been using any PSN Card generators, gamertag/signature generators that require you to sign into PSN have you?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 219 (9,419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This happened to me aswell.

First was bit worried but now when there's several others also... not so much anymore. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 219 (9,388 Views)

Playstation Staff

I've got the same problem but it won't recognise my D.O.B. either so I can't even reset my password...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 219 (9,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

This also happened to me today. I could not log into PSN via the web store, the EU blog or my Vita. The system kept telling me that my login/password were incorrect.

I changed the password and now everything is fine again. I got a bit worried there...

Could Sony be please be courteous and tell us what happened here?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 219 (9,349 Views)
0 Kudos