PSN Support

PSN Support

22 Sep 2011
By: Zonda_17 Member 20 Posts
Level 1

Error 80028ED6- Connection Problem

[ Edited ]
132 Replies 20598 Views edited 28-09-2011

I've never had much luck with my PS3. Most of the threads I've started on here are about the different error codes I've been getting, and the error 80028ED6 is the latest one to show itself.

The history of my PS3's problems started in about June 2011, when I started getting disconnected from GT5, and subsequently more and more errors have been cropping up with the sole intention of kicking me off PSN. Prior to all these error codes, I had absolutely no idea what things like UPnP, DNS and DMZs were, but because I've constantly been searching for solutions and trying to fix it, I've naturally had a lot of experience and inevitably found out a lot more about all the settings on my PS3 and router.

The problem for me now is that there simply doesn't seem to be any solution I haven't tried, and the problems still persist.

After doing some googling on 80028ED6, I found out it signs you out of PSN as soon as you load a game because it can't tell if there is a new patch for it. I honestly don't know what else to try - I've tried literally everything I could find on the Internet but to no avail. If anyone knows whether the error 80028ED6 has anything to do with my settings, PLEASE give me some advice on what to do (but nothing useless like "get an Xbox", because that isn't going to fix the error code...).

• I am using wireless (a wired connection is physically impossible for me)
  • My PS3's internet connection is enabled
  • My router's channel is currently set at 5 (I tried it with channels 6 and 7 too)
  • I manually entered most (if not all) of my PS3's network settings
  • I have tried port forwarding
  • I have tried several DNS servers
  • My NAT type is 2
  • UPnP is disabled
  • I am not using a proxy server
  • My MTU is 1458 (this should be the correct value for my network)
  • My PS3's IP is 192.168.0.50
  • I tried putting my PS3 in a DMZ
  • All other computers on the network (such as this laptop) have no network problems

Any helpful answers are invaluable. Thank you in advance for any useful answers; your help is greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 133 (20,598 Views)
0 Kudos

80028ED6 Error

ok well, I have done my research on this error code, and apparently its when the ps3 system cannot check the game for updates, and therefore will sign you out of your psn disabling the game to be played online, I have tested with other games, Little big planet, Cod MW2.. same thing happens when i try to connect online. Very Frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this

My internet connection is fine, running on wireless, 8.0mps down, 1.7mps up.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 133 (15,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: 80028ED6 Error

Getting the same error here too, whenever I try to connect to PlayStation Home, it comes with the black screen which says connecting, but then I get the error message that I have been signed out of PSN error code 80028ED6.

The PS3 is then locked and frozen, have to kill it with the power switch.

Great feature Sony.... Brilliant....:xRolleyes:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 133 (15,259 Views)
0 Kudos

Yeah Many hours and frustrating router tests and running ps3 though a DMZ still does nothing.
Went to call the help line and they were closed.. woohoo, will be calling tomorrow to see if they can provide me with a solution.  I will post any solution they give me.. if there is a solution rather than send us your playstation and suck your thumb for the next 3 weeks while we fix this.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 133 (15,250 Views)
0 Kudos

Yeah... Having the same problem too while trying to play MW2 online. But for me this only started after i downloaded the map pack for mw2.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 133 (15,239 Views)
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error, this morning it was fine but I came home from school and I have this...

I just want to play my MW2 maps...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 133 (15,223 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Its been like this for 2 days now

I am getting cold sweats not playing Bad company

I have checked my settings, connections EVERYTHING!

Help?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 133 (15,204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Okay guys. Deep breaths.

There is extremely high traffic on PSN. This appears to be the cause of the networking issues some people are having. If you are receiving them, we advise to try again at another time. Perhaps when there is less traffic, like later at night or earlier in the morning.

This is not something that either party has done wrong. There just appears to be ALOT of people who want our newly released content.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 133 (15,189 Views)
0 Kudos

I persisted and it works now. I just kept signing in when it signed me out, seemed to work well.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 133 (15,177 Views)
0 Kudos

Hey - i think this is really bad - the error code isnt even listed on the official forums yet it still comes up on my tv - what a waste of time..

Get this fixed please

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 133 (15,166 Views)
0 Kudos