Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 121

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

12 May 2012
By Chucklechoppers

Chucklechoppers

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

13 Replies 808 Views Created 12-05-2012

Can anyone please help me?
I have purchased a Vita and registered to PSN / PSStore etc and purchased three game downloads just to get me started. The games which are Lemmings, Hustle Kings and Top Darts, these ARE showing on my download lists however have the message " cannot download using a PS Vita System "
I purchased the Vita under advice from my local gamestation that I DO NOT NEED A PS3 to do this, what am I doing wrong please?
Have I been missold or is it something simple I'm doing wrong???
PLEASE HELP ANYONE ....

Thanks in advance

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
02
/16

Chucklechoppers

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chucklechoppers
Accepted Solution

Being NEW to playstation forums I do not know how to reply to everyone for their valued help so THANK YOU to everyone who offered support and advice, much appreciated!!!
I have now resolved this issue, I returned to my local gamestation who looked at my issue also, they had given me the PS3 game redemption code NOT the PSVita code.
I have to say that they could not apologise enough and gave me correct codes without question and also a screen protector and cloth as they couldn't refund me for the Lemmings that is STILL NOT AVAILABLE at this time.
All in all a good learning curve for myself and will have no worries on asking help on this forum, thanks to everyone for your time

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???


All Replies
MVP
10
/16

strangeplaice

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Anything you purchase through the PlayStation Store can be played on a Vita. Have you activated the system?

Go to the Settings app, then PlayStation Network. Sign out, then in again to be sure you're fully logged in, then find the Activation settings and activate for games and video.

(The sign out and in again resolves issues for some issues, though I do it out of personal preference).
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???



05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

Chucklechoppers wrote:

Can anyone please help me?
I have purchased a Vita and registered to PSN / PSStore etc and purchased three game downloads just to get me started. The games which are Lemmings, Hustle Kings and Top Darts, these ARE showing on my download lists however have the message " cannot download using a PS Vita System "
I purchased the Vita under advice from my local gamestation that I DO NOT NEED A PS3 to do this, what am I doing wrong please?
Have I been missold or is it something simple I'm doing wrong???
PLEASE HELP ANYONE ....

Thanks in advance


 

 

You cannot download all games directly onto the vita, but you can copy compatible games from your PS3 to your vita, so Gamestation are incorrect in telling you that you don't need a PS3. ( Some games in the PS Game format are not compatible with the PS Vita system either )

.

Some games cannot be copied from the PS3 system to your PS Vita system, or cannot be downloaded using your PS Vita system.

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

[ Edited ]
MVP
10
/16

strangeplaice

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
^All games purchasable using the PSVita can be played on the console itself.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???



05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

strangeplaice wrote:
^All games purchasable using the PSVita can be played on the console itself.

 

Nope not correct. Theres been a few problems / read here

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-Vita-General-Discussion/Unable-to-download-PSP-game-purcha...

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Unable-to-download-PSP-game-purchased-on-PSVIT...

 

and if you go to this link

 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/22/heads-up-game-store-update-22nd-february-2012/#comment-212... read this post   ( "Posted on 22 February, 2012 at 2:21 pm by Jawad Ashraf )

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

[ Edited ]
MVP
10
/16

strangeplaice

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Both of those Articles are from February and have since been resolved. The second one refers to the reason why not all PSP games are shown on the Vita store.

If it isn't officially compatible and may not work then it won't appear on the store. There was a minor bug where LocoRoco demo appeared, and wasn't compatible but was swiftly removed from the store.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???



05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

strangeplaice wrote:
Both of those Articles are from February and have since been resolved. The second one refers to the reason why not all PSP games are shown on the Vita store.

If it isn't officially compatible and may not work then it won't appear on the store. There was a minor bug where LocoRoco demo appeared, and wasn't compatible but was swiftly removed from the store.

 

Remember what the OP posted..

 

(( I have purchased a Vita and purchased three game downloads just to get me started. The games which are Lemmings, Hustle Kings and Top Darts, these ARE showing on my download list however have the message " cannot download using a PS Vita System "?

 

Out of these games Hustle Kings is 100% for PS-Vita ( getting the PS3 version for free ) yet the OP cannot use this game on his Vita? which is showing in his download list as bought content from store ( Just like what people experienced on the above links ) He has bought the content from his Vita, but cannot use it even though it's in his download list?

 

The same as others in the links above, so somehow problems must be in effect still to this day? So to the OP, call Sony up and tell them you have this problem, maybe support could help you, or at least explain what to do too try and get the games working on the vita?

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
05
/16

PsychoboyUK

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PsychoboyUK
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

strangeplaice wrote:
Both of those Articles are from February and have since been resolved. The second one refers to the reason why not all PSP games are shown on the Vita store.

If it isn't officially compatible and may not work then it won't appear on the store. There was a minor bug where LocoRoco demo appeared, and wasn't compatible but was swiftly removed from the store.

 

Remember what the OP posted..

 

(( I have purchased a Vita and purchased three game downloads just to get me started. The games which are Lemmings, Hustle Kings and Top Darts, these ARE showing on my download list however have the message " cannot download using a PS Vita System "?

 

Out of these games Hustle Kings is 100% for PS-Vita ( getting the PS3 version for free ) yet the OP cannot use this game on his Vita? which is showing in his download list as bought content from store ( Just like what people experienced on the above links ) He has bought the content from his Vita, but cannot use it even though it's in his download list?

 

The same as others in the links above, so somehow problems must be in effect still to this day? So to the OP, call Sony up and tell them you have this problem, maybe support could help you, or at least explain what to do too try and get the games working on the vita?


 

 

i have all 3 games (Mentioned in the OP) on my VITA downloaded and used on my system with NO issues at all!!! So it must just be a bug that has arisen with a few people!!

 

I have only had my vita just over a month and had no issues with it!!

 

I have no idea what the issue could be but im sure it is nothing to difficult to resolve and im sure sony are on it!!

 

 

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

[ Edited ]
05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

PsychoboyUK wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

strangeplaice wrote:
Both of those Articles are from February and have since been resolved. The second one refers to the reason why not all PSP games are shown on the Vita store.

If it isn't officially compatible and may not work then it won't appear on the store. There was a minor bug where LocoRoco demo appeared, and wasn't compatible but was swiftly removed from the store.

 

Remember what the OP posted..

 

(( I have purchased a Vita and purchased three game downloads just to get me started. The games which are Lemmings, Hustle Kings and Top Darts, these ARE showing on my download list however have the message " cannot download using a PS Vita System "?

 

Out of these games Hustle Kings is 100% for PS-Vita ( getting the PS3 version for free ) yet the OP cannot use this game on his Vita? which is showing in his download list as bought content from store ( Just like what people experienced on the above links ) He has bought the content from his Vita, but cannot use it even though it's in his download list?

 

The same as others in the links above, so somehow problems must be in effect still to this day? So to the OP, call Sony up and tell them you have this problem, maybe support could help you, or at least explain what to do too try and get the games working on the vita?


 

 

i have all 3 games (Mentioned in the OP) on my VITA downloaded and used on my system with NO issues at all!!! So it must just be a bug that has arisen with a few people!!

 

I have only had my vita just over a month and had no issues with it!!

 

I have no idea what the issue could be but im sure it is nothing to difficult to resolve and im sure sony are on it!!


 

 

Exactly.

 

Some people are still getting the problem that's shown in the links above to this day, Sony should be able to shed some light on the matter if he calls them up.

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

MVP
10
/16

strangeplaice

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
The point I'm trying to make is that the problem so far you're referring to has only affected PSP games which were purchased prior to the Vita, or on a different system.
This is why my first post was asking if the system has been activated.

Anyway, less bickering and picking apart each others posts and more helping the OP ;)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???



05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

Helping the OP as best i can which is why i showed the links, giving him peace of mind he isn't the only one having these problems, and showing him that ( Some games cannot be copied from the PS3 system to your PS Vita system, or cannot be downloaded using your PS Vita system.)

 

If games have been bought and downloaded from PS Store and cannot get them to work on Vita ( even when shown they are compatible ), best call Sony and get tech help.

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

02
/16

Chucklechoppers

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chucklechoppers
Accepted Solution

Being NEW to playstation forums I do not know how to reply to everyone for their valued help so THANK YOU to everyone who offered support and advice, much appreciated!!!
I have now resolved this issue, I returned to my local gamestation who looked at my issue also, they had given me the PS3 game redemption code NOT the PSVita code.
I have to say that they could not apologise enough and gave me correct codes without question and also a screen protector and cloth as they couldn't refund me for the Lemmings that is STILL NOT AVAILABLE at this time.
All in all a good learning curve for myself and will have no worries on asking help on this forum, thanks to everyone for your time

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

05
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

Glad you got it sorted out in the end. :Thumbs:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: HELP!!! Have I made a terrible mistake???

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel