04 Jun 2013
By: MrHumbucker

7 Posts

Help my connect please, im dying here.

9 Replies 163 Views Created 04-06-2013

Hello people,

I have now owned a playstation 3 console, for 2 years now. Not one single time have i been able to connect to the network. I bought the playstation off a guy, that was selling it, so i don't have papers on it. Can anyone tell me how i might be able to connect to the network on it. There have been alot of problems with it. Listen here:

1. I get the error code (80710102)

2. I have tried to look and my router settings but can't seem to find anything that i can change for it to work

3. I have tried open DNS, dident work

4. I have tried contacting support, they copy paste the normal troubleshooting steps, which don't work either.

5. I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router, i heard that they don't work good with playstations?

6. I have tried to connect the ethernet cable directly into my modem, without any luck either.

7. I have tried alot of things now, and i can't get it to work. when i click on the network test on the playstation menu, it says - Optain IP address: Succeeded

Internet connection: Failed

And then the error code (80710102) stands at the bottom.

But it's a little strange, cause if i click easy automatic in the method selection, and don't type in my ip information. Also the Optain IP address fails. It's only when i type it in manually that it succeeds on optaining the IP.

What is wrong with this console, The last of us is comming out soon. I want to be able to play multiplayer. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I will be much pleased

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Re: Help my connect please, im dying here.

(Found this after a quick Google search) Go to the router settings & make sure Filter Multicast is enabled. Should be in the security settings.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (158 Views)

Thanks for the heads up, I will try it later!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Kudos

It dident help, it still don't work. But it's strange... when i try the test, The optain IP address succeeds quick, and then normally when i try, there goes like 10 seconds before the internet connection below states that it fails.

Now there only goes something like 5 seconds before it say's failed. It's so strange....

Any other help. I really want to get it fixed!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

After you changed that setting did you restart the router & re-do the network settings on the PS3? If not then try that.

If you've previously changed some of the routers settings trying to get it to work you might be better off resetting the router to default/factory settings, make sure Filter Multicast is enabled, then re-do the connection settings on the PS3.

Have you opened up the correct ports? - Port Forwarding the Linksys BEFSR41 Router for PlayStation Network 

I know you've been in contact with support already but might be worth going over the troubleshooting tips for that 80710102 error code again - Troubleshoot Wireless Network Connection

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (131 Views)
0 Kudos

Ups, i forgot to restart the router, also i have changed some things on the router that i don't remember. So im gonna try reset it.

Could you explain the Port Forwarding you talk about? How do i do that?

Oh i forgot to mention, my internet connection is not wireless. It's wired.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Kudos

I dident help anything. Still getting the 80710102 error...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (82 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

[ Edited ]

MrHumbucker wrote:

Ups, i forgot to restart the router, also i have changed some things on the router that i don't remember. So im gonna try reset it.

Could you explain the Port Forwarding you talk about? How do i do that?

Oh i forgot to mention, my internet connection is not wireless. It's wired.

Here's the troubleshooting tips for a wired connection - Troubleshoot Wired Network Connection Problem on PS3

Have you gone through all of them already?

Is the routers firmware up to date? - Article

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (79 Views)
0 Kudos

Yes, i have tried them all. Also did a live chat with my router company, no luck there either.

And yes, the router Firmware is up to date.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (62 Views)
0 Kudos

When i plug in my modem directly into the playstation is still comes up with the 80710102 error....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (58 Views)
0 Kudos