Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: How to put your PS3 into a DMZ

@ oO_MagLovin_Oo You have messed up a bit with your IP address settings you have changed the the first three digits you only need to change the last 2 or 3 digits.

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 211 of 348 (843 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So i'm at NYU and their internet doesnt support me using it for play station (bull*****) and i went through all the first steps, tested my connection and it failed, so now im attempting to log on to the router as an administrator but i have no idea how to go about doing that, google has not helped me on bit in this area. help me PLEASE.

0 Kudos
Message 212 of 348 (806 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Instructions worked perfectly for me.  Only took 5 minutes.

Message 213 of 348 (712 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi I am only a newbie to this and I'm trying everything to try and sort the "A connection to the server could not be established" problem so I've tried this.

I followed the steps in the OP's original post but the system keeps coming up with an error code of 80710102.

I've tried doing an automatic network search after doing a reboot of the router (netgear wgt624v3) and the Virgin Media modem along with the PS3 and the same connection to the server could not be established message keeps coming up.

Surely there must be something I'm missing but I just can't see it.

Please someone help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 214 of 348 (696 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Sorry if I sound like a noob, I'm not too good with computers and all. I have a wireless connection and Iogged into my wireless router and changed the dmz to enable it. My ps3 initial IP address was ***.***.*.2,i changed it to ***.***.*.52 ie I simply added 50 to the initial last digit. Then in my wireless router, i logged in as admin and enabled dmz for that particular ip, but it still shows that my nat type is type 3,not type 2. Please help? :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 215 of 348 (646 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

s_achyuth wrote:

Sorry if I sound like a noob, I'm not too good with computers and all. I have a wireless connection and Iogged into my wireless router and changed the dmz to enable it. My ps3 initial IP address was ***.***.*.2,i changed it to ***.***.*.52 ie I simply added 50 to the initial last digit. Then in my wireless router, i logged in as admin and enabled dmz for that particular ip, but it still shows that my nat type is type 3,not type 2. Please help? :smileyhappy:

Try disabling the media server connection and UPnP in the PS3's network settings UPnP on can cause problems and isn't required when setting up a DMZ and some routers struggle with media server connection enabled just toggle it on/off if you use a media server. 

I would also check your default router setting in the PS3's network settings it should always be your routers IP address and when making any router settings always save any settings usually by clicking apply or save. 

When your satisfied with settings you have made its usually a good idea to switch off both router and PS3 off for a minute then reboot router on first when the lights indicate ready (usually not flashing) then then the PS3. 

Any further problems post back with details on the router your using make and model hopefully one of us can advise.

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 216 of 348 (640 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Again, something wierd. I checked again and my NAT type was 3,but when I loaded up MW3,it said my NAT type was Open. Isn't Type 3 Strict? Anyway, I thought I'd forget about it, as long as the games work fine, I'm fine. And the constant sign out from PSN has stopped, thank goodness :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks mont348 :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 217 of 348 (636 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Having some trouble with all of this. I followed all the steps in the original post but it's still not working, Just says that it is an DNS error. I'm using a Netgear CG3100 and my connection is wireless. any help? :Smile:

0 Kudos
Message 218 of 348 (613 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I followed the directions in the OP and it is still giving me a NAT type 3. The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that my little brother has an Xbox 360 and he is getting an open NAT type from the same router without even putting the Xbox into a DMZ. And if it matters, I am using a Netgear WNR1000V2.

0 Kudos
Message 219 of 348 (599 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

crashngo wrote:

I followed the directions in the OP and it is still giving me a NAT type 3. The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that my little brother has an Xbox 360 and he is getting an open NAT type from the same router without even putting the Xbox into a DMZ. And if it matters, I am using a Netgear WNR1000V2.

The XBOX uses different and a lot less network protocol ports than PSN which is why the difference in connectivity i would double check your IP address settings in the routers DMZ set-up page and make sure you clicked apply afterwards.

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 220 of 348 (587 Views)
0 Kudos