24 Aug 2011
Playstation Staff

How to report or ban a PSN user?

50 Replies 10,605 Views Created 24-08-2011

Ok I have fallen out with an old friend on my PS3 friends list. He has sent me loads of nasty messanges to me for no reason at all. I have blocked him but he has made anoughter Account and is now trolling my account. I have deleted that user name but he has made anoughter Account agane and repeats the trolling. This same person has fallen out with other friends on PS3 and has done the same to 3 others and trolls them. We have all saved the messanges so if we need to give evidance we will have it. Me and the other 3 user's want this person stoped.

Please Help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 51 (10,605 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: How to report or ban a PSN user?

You can report the person by pressing triangle on one of the messages, and then selecting "Grief Report".
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 51 (10,603 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

You can also use this: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/grief-reporting/

Sorry for double post, can't edit on Opera.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 51 (10,601 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thank you for info this trolling is going to stop :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 51 (10,597 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Your old friend sounds like a complete idiot,surely he has better things to do with he's time,report and move on my friend.:Stupid:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 51 (10,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Can you report someone for having a particularly offensive ID?

I only ask as i don't recall that as being one of your report options?

Message 6 of 51 (10,519 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

jontonathon wrote:

Can you report someone for having a particularly offensive ID?

I only ask as i don't recall that as being one of your report options?

Yes. If you get a message from somebody with an offensive name then there's an option to report it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 51 (10,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Just keep blocking the accounts he bound to get bored soon.

Report the accounts for abusive behaviour.

If he continues then I would call/email sony customer support, maybe they can help.

LIVE - TheMasterRob25
YOUTUBE - ItsJustGilbert

PS3 60gb Launch ps3 - YLOD March 2009
PS3 60gb Refurb - YLOD 21st November 2010
PS3 320GB Slim - 22/11/10 - 12/12/10 - Disk Drive Fault.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 51 (10,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Is ID name is a silly name but nothing rude or nasty. He just carn't use the internet proberly. He mainly plays Tekken 5 online all day and if you beat him by cheating or using the same move's. Get ready for a nasy message with swaring. This hole trolling and nasty messanges started with a picture. It was a harmles Picture joke of kid Naruto with the wrighting Naruto is gay. BTW i didn't send the picture it was a freind of mine who sent it. Then all of a sudden with out saying thats not funy he sends a long nasty message with tons of swaring. My friend  apologised to him and sead it was just a little joke but he wouldn't have it and kept on sending nasty messanges. My friend blocked him but then days later a new ID username send him tons of nasty messangers. We know its him using a other account because of the horrible spelling and grammer. My friend ( who sent the picture ) came to mine and stayed at mine for a month as a holiday ( He lives on the other side of the UK ) Then all of a sudden I get a nasty message. I asked him why he was being nasty to me and what have I done to upset him. Then he started sending tons of swaring messangers from him. Of course I get angry and tell him to leave me a lone and never talk to me agane and blocked him. Then soon after I get more nasty messangers from his other account. I asked him to stop it and blocked him then a new ID user sends me more messangers.......

The same person has also done the same thing to 2 others of my friends just because they beat him at COD MW2 and they are sick of this also. He carn't use online proberly and shouldnt even have internet at all if this is how he is going to be.

Anyways am sorry for ranting on this fourm but I felt like you should all know what he is like. I dont know if am aloud to but his ID username so you can all be carefull if you ever play a game with him so I wont post his ID username. Dont wont to get into trouble.

PS sorry for any spelling mistake. My spelling and grammer ant perfect.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 51 (10,396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Seems like the guy was justified in trolling you, if you trolled him first.
Plus id be pretty angry if someone was 'cheating' or using the same move over again in tekken.

You kinda dropped yourself in it a bit OP. At first you said he was sending abusive messages '"for no reason at all", now it comes to light it initiated by something your "friend" did.

If you can't take trolling, don't dish it out. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 51 (10,385 Views)
0 Kudos