16 Jun 2012
By JoOoD_K

Playstation Staff

I want to change the country

3 Replies 225 Views Created 16-06-2012

Hi

I moved from the UK to the US and I really need to change the counrty cuz I have alot of trophys in my account, and I don't want to creat a new one cuz everything will go away :"(
please help me! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (225 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: I want to change the country

You can't, but you can use the UK account in the US, heck you can make another one and buy us games, and play them on the uk if you wish.

Unless you have another reason?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (221 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

how could i make a uk one and play them on the us

see i have battlefield region 2 which is uk and i want to buy premium

my psn account is us

and i have to redeem the code in a uk store in order to play it

but i dont know how

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

You can use the UK account in the US, however in terms of content unfortunately what can and can't be played will differ between the two.

Technically you would be able to use Battlefield on your old account, and purchase premium from the store. However the funding will have to be in pounds on the wallet, and the card used has to be registered to the account of the country, with the billing address being the same. With security measures in place this may not be possible. At this point accounts are not designed for movement to a different country.

If you wanted to play Battlefield and use the Premium service on it, the best bet would be to create a US account, and get a US copy of the Battlefield. You would then be able to download the DLC and service to use (this content would likely not work with a UK copy of the game). Then you may be able to use this game and DLC on the UK account should you wish to play against UK players.

Thats the only way I could think this would work. There are no restrictions to using the account in another area, but there are when it comes to purchasing from the store and the services available in the region.

Rabid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)
0 Kudos