13 Mar 2013
By: GUNITAndy Member 5 Posts
Level 1

ID or password incorrect

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 207 Views edited 13-03-2013

i am trying to do internet speed test to see whay updates are so bad and i can't because i get this error in the test after IP and internet succeed but playstation network fails every time a friend says it is asking for the internet email and password? I can not find an option to put these in anywhere

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: ID or password incorrect

It has been doing this for 2 days now the test is working after not doing anything 4.8mb download 307kb upload. Downloading updates is still doing almost nothing 1% in 3 minutes of an update

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

It shouldn't usually ask for  this information after doing a speed test?

The speed issues you are getting could be for any number of reasons, from the strength of the connection to the wireless to the speed of your internet connection. In the past were you getting quick er speeds?

You may want to start py power cycling your router and modem, and turning these back on to check if changes from the ISP take affect here.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

HI , i didn't reset the modem or anything when it started to accept the test i did the test a few times it showed 4.0mb download when wired and 2.8mb download wireless so tried to update the game again (console next to modem still with full signal) and it went just as slow. After trying the failed tests it never asked for anything to be entered and in the past years ago it would download demos at 1mb second and game updates were slow as well but not slow like now. I have a launch console so it's the oldest model out there. My "other console" downloads game updates of 4-17mb in 3 to 4 seconds and 6gb games in an hour or so. I'm thinking it's the playstation?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)
0 Kudos