Support

PSN Support

PSN Support

21 Jun 2012
By: RabidWalker Beta Tester 3743 Posts
Level 6

Intermittent issue with PSN (problems with network services and store)

[ Edited ]
78 Replies 8871 Views edited 21-06-2012

Hi guys,

At the moment PlayStation®Network is currently experiencing issues and some users may encounter problems with network services and the store.

(An error code e.g. 80023102 may appear when trying to sign in)

Engineers are currently investigating the cause of these problems, and I will update here when more information is available.

Thanks,

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 79 (8,871 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Intermittent issue with PSN (problems with network services and store)

well it look like it started yesterday continue this morning and now this i read a commet on EU-blog stateing he couldn't log on but now i was getting time-out from Store to that error code. 

let hope it not a DDOS attack & the broken image thumbnail are fixed. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 79 (8,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I tried to sign in today and it told me my password was out of date and needed changing.

I entered a new one but it timed out before it accepted it.

My dad's account,(same machine) signs in when he logs on and his works fine.

I don't game online but I wanted to get into Home as I don't feel to have been abused or insulted without reason for some time.

Emm

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 79 (8,719 Views)
0 Kudos

I can sign in fine but whenever I go into the store and start going on things it says "The connection to the server timed out"
Been trying to get the dragons dogma stuff but each time it kicks me out of the store.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 79 (8,621 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Again, plan a maintenace and put PSN offline for a while. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Proud PlayStation fan and cartoonist.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 79 (8,588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I had the same problem as emma, haven't been on for a couple of days, tried to sign in earlier today and it says unusal activity on your account and prompted me to change my password, this had me worried as i thought my account may have been hacked or some had messed about with it. So i try to change password but it times out. then i sign out and then back in tried again got error code 80023103 and error code FFFFFFFF. So i turned my ps3 off for a while try to setup a connection in the network settings and not UPnP not avaible and NAT Type 3 (no change in my internet at all in regards to gaming an stuff). I'm guessing this is the reason for all the messing i've had today?  sorry for the long post guys but had to get out my frustration.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 79 (8,421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

The problems are system wide across the entire PSN. Various ones get fixed and another few pop up. Most likely due to database updates creating glitches that take time for the servers to iron out. Stay patient and things will be sorted :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 79 (8,361 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

The issue should be sloved now. I browsed through PS Store and works fine and also tested out PS Home. Btw, check through the store again to see if that message doesn't pop up again. If you don't get it, I think it means the issue is fixed now,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Proud PlayStation fan and cartoonist.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 79 (8,347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I didn't see that reply but that is abit strange. All the problem i've had in one day it's ridiculous, i'm a patient person an have been more than patient with Playstation/PSN even during the month last year it was down for but i think it's getting abit to much. Ah well, Tamking is you get a reply back off superfastzombie would you be kind enough to pass on any useful information.
Thanks Wild
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 79 (8,317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

many apologies to superfastzombie,his post was not deleted i made a silly mistake and mistook this thread for another,but i feel my complaint is still valid.. i was worried that my account may have been comprised,after asking superfastzombie if this was a psn related error,we got no reply only to find out that this was infact a psn related error,i would have thought this information should have been posted in the original thread aswell to let the people who had this problem,not hidden somewhere amongst a bunch of psn error threads..

thread for reference ---http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/Your-Password-is-no-longer-valid...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 79 (8,234 Views)
0 Kudos