22 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Internet Recently Lagging BADLY

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 448 Views edited 22-06-2012

Hello everyone. Just 3 days ago, my internet connection started lagging very randomly, but this was after the 6 months in which my internet was FLAWLESS. I've done everything from resetting the modem to factory settings, to resetting the Playstation 3 to factory settings. Even when no one is using the computer it's still lagging, and I'm even using it via ethernet. I'm using Xfinity, and being that this lag is only on the PSN, I'm assuming it's a PSN problem, but I need help! I'm requesting solutions other than resetting the system or modem. 

Sincerely,

ItsRainingDesert

EDIT: The only games I've tried so far were Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (448 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: Internet Recently Lagging BADLY

Hi ,

Try the troubleshooting in this guide and let me know how you get on.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (436 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thank you but I've already checked the FAQ's and everything's already been done. I'm still not sure why my PS3 internet became like this because it's always been running great until this week.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (417 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Nvm, maybe because of all the maintenance it's been slowing down. Thanks for your help though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (410 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I hope it's because of maintenance. I've been having extremely bad lag since Tuesday while trying to play BF3. And like the poster said, it was flawless before then.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (393 Views)
0 Kudos