PSN Support

PSN Support

25 Mar 2013
By: prolifnik

2 Posts

Netflix signing in error on PS3

40 Replies 26217 Views Created 25-03-2013

Hi all

I have the Netflix app installed on my PS3 and have been using it successfuly for the past 3 months, without any problems. Now, suddenly it will no longer sign in. It says error signing in and on the bottom right hand corner of the error box it gives me a code 'ui-108'.

I have scoured the internet, and have seen a number of people suggesting deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning my modem off for 30 secs and back on again, changing the date and time to 'set via internet. etc etc ive done them all and I am still not getting any luck. Ive also spoken to Netlfix support who also can't help.

I do no understand why one minute it was working fine and then suddenly it doesnt.

If anyone can help me, it will be really appreciated.
 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 41 (26,217 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Netflix signing in error on PS3

prolifnik wrote:

Hi all

I have the Netflix app installed on my PS3 and have been using it successfuly for the past 3 months, without any problems. Now, suddenly it will no longer sign in. It says error signing in and on the bottom right hand corner of the error box it gives me a code 'ui-108'.

I have scoured the internet, and have seen a number of people suggesting deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning my modem off for 30 secs and back on again, changing the date and time to 'set via internet. etc etc ive done them all and I am still not getting any luck. Ive also spoken to Netlfix support who also can't help.

I do no understand why one minute it was working fine and then suddenly it doesnt.

If anyone can help me, it will be really appreciated.
 :smileyhappy:

Hi prolifnik,

This is certainly an odd one, I'm not sure why this would suddenly stop working unless there was an issue with the account?

Alternatively it could be a connection issue, you might want to try connecting the console via the ethernet to a modem directly to see if this works. Also turn the router and modem off and on again to see if this helps- it may be an issue with the IP address possibly?

Let me know how it goes,

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 41 (26,194 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi Rabid,

Tried the switching off and back on again of the modem, and it still doesn't work. I do not have an ethernet cable to connect it manually, so I am unable to try this. It is just bizarre how everything else works fine. There also isn't an issue with my Netflix account as it logs in fine via the online website.

Nik

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 41 (26,176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

prolifnik wrote:

Hi Rabid,

Tried the switching off and back on again of the modem, and it still doesn't work. I do not have an ethernet cable to connect it manually, so I am unable to try this. It is just bizarre how everything else works fine. There also isn't an issue with my Netflix account as it logs in fine via the online website.

Nik

What you might want to try is restoring default settings on the console, and setting the time via date and time settings, but via the internet.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 41 (26,172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I am also having the exact same problem since late monday/ early tuesday morning 29.4.13/30.4.13 I have also tried re-installing seting the date manually and via the internet, resetting my router and hub calling netflix with no luck. Any help would be with this problem would be much appreciated. I miss netflix on the big screen xx

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 41 (25,913 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

also tried restoring the default settings on the console still getting the unable to connect to netflix message ( sad face emoticon)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 41 (25,912 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Just to confirm Dominic, you're able to use netflix completely normally if you use a PC?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 41 (25,906 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yes also on my mobile phone

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 41 (25,905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Netflix have only given the following advice;

1. Test your Internet Connection
    1. From the PS3 main menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Internet Connection, and verify it is set to Enabled. If it’s Disabled, make sure to select Enable.
    4. Select Internet Connection Test.
      • If you are able to connect to the Internet, check your date and time settings.
      • If you are unable to connect to the Internet, you may be having network connection issues.
  2. Check the date and time settings on your PS3

If the date and time of your device is significantly different from the current date and time, you will have a problem playing your video.

1. From the PS3 main menu (XMediaBar), navigate to Settings.
    2. Select Date and Time Settings.
    3. Select Date and Time.
    4. Click Set via Internet.
  3. Sign out of the Netflix application
    1. Begin from the PS3 Home Screen.
    2. Navigate to the TV/Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
    3. Press X.
    4. Immediately after pressing X, press and hold both Start and Select and continue to hold them down until a message appears asking Do you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register?
    5. Select Yes.
  4. Reinstall the Netflix application
    1. From the PS3 Home Screen, navigate to the TV/Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
    2. Press the Triangle button on the Playstation controller.
    3. Select Delete.
    4. Select Yes.
    5. Download the Netflix application to your PS3.
    6. From the PS3 home screen, navigate to the TV/Video Services section and select the Netflix icon.
    7. Select Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix?screen.
      • You may be prompted to sign in to your PlayStation Network (PSN) account first.
    8. Enter your Netflix email address and password.

If you've had no luck after trying all that, try power cycling your whole network and putting the PS3 into a DMZ using your router settings, then try signing in again.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 41 (25,898 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks for the advice but I have already tried all the advice from Netflix with no luck I do not understand what you mean by your last words tho. Sorry I am not that good with computers.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 41 (25,893 Views)
0 Kudos